Sustainability/Environmental project Manager Resume
|Desired Industry: Environmental
|Desired Job Location: Dearborn, Michigan
||Date Posted: 12/17/2013
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: Sep 2014
|Desired Wage: $60000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 50-75%
|Highest Degree Attained: Doctoral
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
- Sustainability/Environmental project Manager
- Sustainability/Environmental/Industrial ecology post-doc.- Modelling/Computational sustainability post-doc
UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGIES - TROYES, FRANCE, IN CONJUNCTION WITH - UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN SCHOOL OF NATURAL RESOURCES & CIVIL AND ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING - ANN ARBOR, MI - SEPT. 2011-PRESENT
PHD STUDENT RESEARCHER
Employed at CNRS (Centre National Pour la Recherche Scientifique / National Center for Scientific Research) through the University of Technology of Troyes (UTT) that hosts CREIDD, a CNRS lab. Am completing Joint PhD between UTT and University of Michigan.
- Building a sustainable methodological framework using System dynamics, Agent-Based modeling and Geographic Information system for the development of an Industrial Eco-Park for the Champagne-Ardenne region. The core industry of this research is the oilseed-based product of the Picardie/Champagne region.
- Developed simulation models that combined different simulation methods: Agent-based modeling (Netlogo), System dynamics and GIS, to make one complete integrated model that assess the 3 pillars of sustainability (environmental, social and economic). This is the current PhD thesis focus.
VEOLIA ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES – HAZARDOUS WASTE MANAGEMENT - LYON, FRANCE
MARCH 2007 TO SEPTEMBER 2009
HAZARDOUS WASTE PROJECT MANAGER
Recruited to plan and direct creation of a team of international experts that provide assistance for environmental emergencies in developing countries, including but not limited to those involving hazardous waste and landfill.
- Managed the biggest budget assigned to a single project manager in the company (1 million Euros for 3 years)
- Recruited and trained employee volunteers
- Created and developed the logistic support system
- Developed the intervention procedures
- Crafted and negotiated partnership with the joint program UNEP/OCHA director in Geneva Switzerland (United Nation Environment Program/Office for the coordination of Humanitarian affairs)
EDF-GDF NATIONAL PUBLIC ELECTRICITY AND GAS - CHAMBERY, FRANCE - JUNE 2005 TO AUGUST 2005
ASSISTANT FIELD ENGINEER
Assisted in national campaign to move aerial electrical cables underground
- Charged with researching underground schematic (existing telephone cables, water pipes ...) and mapped out plans for future underground electric cable infrastructure.
POLDEN INSA HAZARDOUS WASTE RESEARCH CENTER - LYON, FRANCE - OCTOBER 2004 TO JUNE 2005
Supervised a feasibility study for the implementation of a scientific cluster in environmental sciences between local universities, local government and local industries in the Champagne, France region.
- Organized meeting presentations to elected officials, industry representatives and university scientists
- Collected social, environmental and economic data for project viability
- Assessed feasibility of industrial ecology approach for industrial area redevelopment utilizing material and energy flow analysis (using GIS and OMI software) and life cycle analysis
PLASTIC OMNIUM – URBAN SYSTEM - LYON, FRANCE - SEPTEMBER 2003 TO AUGUST 2004
HEQ AND AUDIT ASSISTANT/ OPERATIONS MANAGER
Charged with assessing and solving dysfunctions in the operations department (Audit). Supervised the distribution and the management of waste bins within administrative districts.
- Created new production procedure, which increased the units (plastic bins) distributed by 30%
- Wrote new quality manual, which defines product specifications and standards necessary to meet customer requirements.
- Implemented new inspection process, which identified and led to correction of potential defects.
- Charged with introducing onboard scale for waste collection vehicles on the Belfort district
- Recruited and trained team; designed waste collection route; developed excellent customer relationships
Master of Rudology (waste sciences) Social and Territorial Management of Waste and Pollution », University of Maine, Le Mans, France 2007 Graduated Magna Cum laude
Dissertation title: “Creation and development of an intervention team for environmental emergencies in developing countries (Africa)”
Master of Environmental Engineering specialized in Industrial Security, Certification and Environment, University of North Carolina, Greensboro, N. Carolina, USA 2006
Dissertation title: “The socioeconomic approach on household waste management"
Bachelor of Socio-economic Management specialized in Quality and Team Management, Lyon, France 2005
Dissertation title: "Local government environmental policy management in France"
BTS (=HNVQ) in Business Administration, Lyon, France 2004
- Life cycle Assessment
- Material flows Analysis
- Geographic Information System
- Feedback loop Dynamic modeling
- Netlogo, SIMAPRO, OPEN LCA
- French, English, Arabic Language Fluency
- Agent Based Modeling
- ISO 14040 and ISO 9000 standards
- Industrial Management
- MS office, MS Project
- GIS, NETLOGO, STELLA
- International Travel
ACCEPTED ABSTRACTS FOR PRESENTATION
SETAC Boston, 17 November 2011, Poster presentation: Modeling an Eco-industrial System Through Life Cycle approach for the pulp and paper Industry in Maine
12AIChE–2012 AIChE Spring Meeting and 8th Global Congress on Process Safety, April 2012, Oral Presentation: Bichraoui, N., and A. Halog. Conference Proceedings http://www3.aiche.org/Proceedings/Abstract.aspx?ConfID=Spring-GCPS-2012&GroupID=1652&SessionID=18545&PaperID=246096
SustaiN International conference in Kyoto, 3-5 November 2012, Oral Presentation: Modeling the sustainability of an industrial symbiosis with an oil-based biorefinery as its core. Proceedings: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.proenv.2013.02.029http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1878029613000315\
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.