Environmental Specialist Resume
|Desired Industry: Environmental
|Desired Job Location: Torrance, California
||Date Posted: 9/14/2013
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 9/16/13
|Desired Wage: negotiable
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: No
I am looking for a position preferably as a contributor in environmental consulting, regulatory compliance, policy development, or planning at a company at the corporate, regional, or local level located in Los Angeles or Orange County California. I have strong interest in sustainability, green or renewable energy, energy retrofit programs, resource or conservation measures, GHG's and climate change. I would prefer a full time permanent position, but given the right position and area of work, I am willing to accept temporary or a contract position.
Chambers Group Inc. – Air Quality Specialist – consulting, site assessment & regulatory analysis Santa Ana, CA
Determine compliance with local, state & federal regulation during site visit at clients’ facilities. Review & research (documents & online research) facility products, plans, procedures, equipment, permits & requirements, operations, activities & interact/ interview site & corporate personnel to determine impact.
• Prepare & submit timely report on gathered/ assessed information & make recommendation on performance, compliance & potential environmental issues.
• Research regulations for criteria pollutants, air toxics, NESHAPS, NSPS, CFC’s & GHG’s in 9 air districts, 5 air basins and 15 counties, CARB & EPA.
• Research & analysis of proposed, newly adopted regulations & legislation. Prepare air quality section of CEQA/ NEPA for telecommunication project.
Metropolitan Water District (corporate) – Environmental Specialist (contract) – regulatory support & compliance Los Angeles, CA
Prepare documents as needed to ensure environmental compliance at MWD facilities. Update & advise field personnel & managers on compliance, procedures, permit & operations requirements. Reviewed & researched regulations, operation & control equipment to assure compliance on multiple projects.
• Prepare & submit air quality permits/ renewals, fees, permit conditions, emissions levels, ATCM, CARB, CAA, AQMD, update & maintain data base.
• Assist in preparation of & track HMMP/ BEP, chemical inventory/ MSDS research (3E Company), DTSC reports, waste manifest & ID #’s, treatment facilities, biennial reports, CUPA invoices, treatment facilities solid & liquids threshold discharges & lab analysis, verify compliance & update database.
• Interact with corporate & field personnel, administrators, engineers, department managers, regulators on company environmental policies & procedures.
City of Lomita- General Planning Advisory Committee - city planning & public policy Lomita, CA
Review, comment, & make recommendations to city council & mayor on city’s planning including CEQA, economic development & infrastructure, services &utilities, mixed/ land use, environmental requirements & sustainable communities. Present & disseminate technical information to public & lay individuals.
• Review & research technical data (reports, documents, statistics, surveys). Adopt strategies, guidelines, objectives to meet city planning requirements.
• Planning studies, funding & financing, budget constraints, department & community outreach/ interaction, public awareness/ speaking & presentations.
• Listen to concerns of residents & interact with administrators & agencies. Weigh cost-benefits analysis, vote on proposals & submit results to city council.
AEI-CASC Engineering - Environmental Inspector – storm water & water quality regulatory compliance Irvine, CA
Plan, coordinate, & perform inspections of construction sites, commercial/ industrial facilities/ operations to ensure compliance with RWQCB, NPDES, SWPPP, BMP requirements. Provide educational information & training & directed personal on compliance, pollution prevention, erosion/ sediment control.
• Meet inspections deadline, interact & issue compliance reports / NOV’s to facilities, local municipalities, city administrators & regional board on findings.
• Review of SWPPP, storm water management plans, BMP’s practices, process operations, HW/ materials storage. Recommend water conservation measures.
Delta Environmental Consultants -Environmental Auditor – environmental regulatory compliance Aliso Viejo, CA
Plan, schedule, coordinate & perform audits at clients facilities to ensure compliance with EPA, CCR, AQMD, SWRCB, CUPA, UST’s, AST’s, SPCC, HW storage/ manifesting, recordkeeping, permits, HAZCOM, financial responsibility, site operations, EIS/ monitoring certifications & emergency response.
• Audit facilities records & issue reports/ findings to client on timely basis with follow-up corrective action, status review, oversee records & documents.
• Presentation of complex information to clients on operations, monitoring procedures, regulatory compliance, pollution sources, & environmental impact.
• Correspondence & meetings with clients, managers, & regulators regarding environmental compliance. Online document tracking & research.
South Coast Air Quality Management District -Air Quality Specialist –regulatory monitoring & reporting Diamond Bar, CA
Collect, verify, & transmit data at various air monitoring sites within SCAQMD jurisdiction. Acquired data was critical in determining compliance with NAAQS, CAA attainment status, formulate the biennial AQMP, determine health impacts, promulgate air district rules, & to verify performance of program.
• Data collection, tracking, & management of pollutant (CO, CO2, HC, NOx, SO2, PM10, Ozone) & concentration analysis to assure SCAQMD compliance.
• Facility monitoring to determine air quality/ health risk impacts from complaints/ concerns of the public & to verify facility permit condition requirements.
Honeywell Int’l (Power Management & Generating Systems) - Senior Engineering Lab Technician/ ES&H committee Torrance, CA
Perform operational R&D, engineering, qualification & acceptance testing to ensure compliance with government requirements & industry specifications.
• Data tracking & management, report/ failure analysis, QA/QC, SPC, program review, approval of testing, operation procedures & technical documents.
• HS&E –environmental program planning, development & implementation in AQ/ IAQ/ noise, storm water monitoring/ BMP’s, HW, EPCRA & audits.
United Carbon Corp. - Environmental Consultant/Technical Liaison – consulting & regulatory support Woodland Hills, CA
Assist in feasibility study for pyrolysis (waste to energy) plant. Address potential environmental impact issues (rules & legislation) concerning air, water, waste, recycled material. Policy review of PUC, FERC, APCD, CIWMB, CUPA’s, EPA, CARB, CEQA documents & interaction with regulatory personnel.
• Assist with project planning, resource planning, federal & state environmental/ energy/ waste policy, local ordinances & address community concerns.
• Present information/ proposals to board, stakeholders, regulators, committees, interest groups on budget, update to project plan & environmental impacts.
CTL Environmental Services - Program Manager Air Quality - consulting, compliance testing & reporting Signal Hill, CA
Develop, plan & implement companies’ air quality program, issue reports to clients & regulatory agencies. Issue report(s), resolve conflict, & make recommendations to clients to achieve regulatory compliance. Perform baseline, engineering, compliance, & permit testing at numerous industrial facilities.
• Oversee department operations, budgets, invoicing, proposals, contractors, project planning & management, scheduling & coordinating, documentation
• Interact/ interface with clients, managers, regulatory agencies (local state, & federal) & attend environmental workshops, hearings, meetings & conventions.
R & W Consultants -Project Engineer - Environmental Consulting – consulting, site planning & regulatory compliance San Diego, CA
Assist & advise clients on issues relating to site planning, energy use, air quality, operations, permitting, modeling, plant layout & design, & pollution control at construction and industrial sites. Negotiate compliance with regulatory agencies & meet with clients & industry to review environmental policy/ project(s).
• Manage & track project(s) budgets, progress, events & decisions, client concerns, resources & operations, issued finding & recommendations to clients.
• Assist clients with permitting, site planning, design, plant layout, flow charts, capture technology/ emissions reductions & air pollution control equipment.
Energy & Environmental Research Corp. - Program Coordinator - environmental testing & regulatory compliance Irvine, CA
Plan, develop, & implement companies SCAQMD compliance program. Schedule & coordinate testing events, & logistics. Perform baseline, R&D, engineering, permit & compliance testing at industrial facilities to determine effects of pollutants utilizing applied research & best control technology.
• Writing of source testing & operational protocols, review raw data, documents & emission calculations, issue report to clients and/ or regulators as needed.
• Interact with regulators, managers, & operations on compliance, methodologies, reports/ results, control equipment on project related issues & questions.
California State University Long Beach Long Beach, CA
Bachelor degree - Public Policy
University of California Irvine Irvine, CA
Certificate in Environmental Science with an Environmental Management – 37 units bringing total physical/ natural science units to ~120
University of California at Los Angeles Los Angeles, CA
Environmental science coursework including architecture, engineering, urban planning, health risk assessment
American Technical Institute Midway City, CA
Electronics/ electrical theory & application, power, energy, instrumentation, process control & computer technology
Harbor Community College Wilmington, CA
Associate degree - coursework in environmental science, geology, anthropology, industrial & solar technology, energy/ thermodynamics, & math
Environmental consulting, compliance, planning, testing, monitoring, auditing, inspections, reporting, regulatory analysis & recommendations, records & data review.
Environmental Coursework of interest including but not limited to:
• Legal & Regulatory Framework of Environmental Management- CAA, CWA, CERCLA, RCRA, SARA, Superfund, CEQA/ NEPA etc.
• Chemical & Physical Principles of Environmental Management- impact & behavior of atmospheric pollutants, aquatic & terrestrial ecology, etc.
• Biological Principles of Environmental Management- effects of environmental contaminants (air, water, soil) on biological systems.
• Health Risk Assessment- health/ ecological risk assessments, risk management, Title V/ air toxics/ HAP’s, HM’s, EPCRA/ emergency planning.
• Land Planning- CEQA/ NEPA process, scoping, impact studies endangered species, watershed planning, historical preservation, wetlands, etc.
• Urban Problems & Trends- Land planning, resource management, conservation, source reduction/ recycling, pollution prevention, solar energy.
• Political & Social Dynamics of Environmental Management- CEQA, public policy/ relations, sustainability, alternative energy, resource planning, etc.
• Environmental Assessment & Auditing- due diligence, phase I&II, property assessment, brownfields redevelopment, restoration programs, etc.
• Site Assessment & Remediation of Environmental Contaminants- remedial investigations, hydrology, subsurface, geological, & baseline studies.
• Environmental Toxicology- fate & transport of toxic chemicals & associated impact to the environment – CAA, NESHAPS, HAP’s, DTSC, TSCA.
• Environmental Chemistry- organic & inorganic, interaction & impact of pollutants & toxics to aquatic, atmospheric, surface, & subsurface regions.
• Waste Management- RCRA/ non RCRA, DTSC, DOT, TOSCA, FIFRA, CERCLA/ superfund, HWCL’s, TRI, OSHA/ CAL OSHA, etc.
REGULATORY & TECHNICAL ACHIEVEMENTS, LICENSES & TRAINING:
• Dynamics of climate change– GHG’s & protocols, carbon footprint estimates/ reduction, renewable/ clean energy, green standards, sustainability.
• Worldwide Water Forum – water efficiency & conservation measures, sustainability, best practices, supplies, new technologies, initiatives, goals, etc.
• Deans’ list for academic achievement
• Recognition for maintaining environmental regulatory compliance with notice of outstanding service to clients’ project(s) in petroleum industry.
• Recognition for service to city on planning, development & policy issues - GPAC
• Recognition for efficient modification to process operations resulting in a more efficient operation & cost savings.
• Two awards for best sales, business development and marketing.
• Total Quality Training – planning, organization, communication, problem solving, process improvement, performance measurement & assessment.
• Designated Operator License from the SWRCB to prevent, soil & groundwater impact from UST/ AST products utilizing monitoring systems.
• HAZWOPER 40 hours training
• Waste Management training – hazardous & solid waste management, reduction, recycling, diversion, resource management, & compliance.
• Acceptance Testing Certification – R&D, engineering & production testing for the DOD, military, and commercial industries
• Air Quality Real Time Instrumentation Certification
• Certified Electronic Technician - electronics/ electrical theory & application, instrumentation, process control & computer technology
• Statistical Process Control – use & application of statistics to track & ensure that process operations are within required parameters.
• SCAQMD Rule 461 Certificate (Gasoline Transfer and Dispensing)
• Enhanced Vapor Recovery training – phase I & II
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.