|Desired Industry: Healthcare
|Desired Job Location: san diego, California
||Date Posted: 7/16/2013
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 10/1/13
|Desired Wage: 80,000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Executive (President, VP, CEO)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 25-50%
|Highest Degree Attained: Masters
||Willing to Relocate: Undecided
Extensive experiences in health-care administrative management with exposure to a broad range of operational, financial, line and staff functions. Strong track record in operations management and analysis, budgeting, clinical services development, automated billing, medical records management, and operational systems improvement.
Hospital Association of San Diego and Imperial Counties 2011-Present
Executive Director, E-Health Provider Relations and Business Development
• Coordinate the operational development and establishment of the San Diego Healthcare Information Exchange for partnering healthcare organizations in San Diego and Imperial Counties
• Lead a voluntary effort within skilled nursing facilities and hospital to collaborate regarding the prevention of all cause readmissions between skilled nursing providers and local hospitals.
Edgemoor Hospital, County of San Diego 2004-2011
Assistant Deputy Director-Administrator
• Administer the operations of a 192 bed distinct-part, long term care hospital with 350 employees and operating budget of $24 million.
• Led the operational development and transition of Edgemoor into a new state-of-art facility in 2009
• Developed an nursing electronic medical record system using a platform developed for Public Health
• Coordinating the transition training and culture change of the organization a staff to step from a plant built in 1920 to a new green technology facility
Assistant Deputy Director-Public Health Services 2000-2003
• Responsible for daily administrative functions of the public health department with budget of $74 M. Oversight of programs in STD, Tuberculosis and HIV. Supported Health Services Advisory Board.
• Coordinated the Installation of Public Health Information System, established clinical billing operation and re-aligned patient registration processes to comply with HIPAA and Medicare Standards
SCRIPPSHEALTH, San Diego, CA 1996-2000
Senior Director of Revenue Development
• Responsible for daily ambulatory services, business office and health information functions of six acute care facilities and associated services.
• Responsible for revenue management and analysis, audit coordination, statistical record keeping, and financial strategy development to ensure preservation and growth of organization revenues. Annual corporate net revenues total $640 million.
• Created manpower realignment strategy to transform business office functions within three years to maximize effectiveness of information systems technology, establish compliance standards, and implement APC systems.
Southern Regional Director of Finance
• Coordinated financial and administrative operations for three hospitals, Mercy Foundation, and Home Health.
• Provided oversight of major information system installation at Mercy Hospital and transitioned financial managers through their first year with ScrippsHealth.
M.H.A., Healthcare Administration- George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
B.S., Economics and Biology, with Honors- Heidelberg College, Tiffin, Ohio
FACHE- American College of Healthcare Executives
Nursing Home Administrator- License 1088 N.M. 2008
FACHE, CAHF, SDHCA Board member
2003-2006 • University of Phoenix, Adjunct Professorship, School of Government and Business
2010-2012 • National University Adjunct Professorship School of Nursing
• National University Adjunct Professorship School of Community Health
1990-1994 • Budgeting workshops for Nursing Management Programs, Mt. Diablo Community Hospital, Oakland, CA
Publications and references available upon request
I enjoy start-up or rebuilding operational experiences in healthcare delivery organizations. Keen ability to understand worker challenges and achieve a positive workplace environment.
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.