Sr. Project Manager Resume
|Desired Industry: Information Technology
|Desired Job Location: New London County, Connecticut
||Date Posted: 6/11/2013
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: July 1, 2013
|Desired Wage: 200
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 50-75%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
EXPERIENCE: Colchester, CT
Project Manager Heritage Project (2010 - present)
Research and trace Russian Intelligentsia within Imperial Russia during and after the 1917 Russian Revolution.
Focus on Shavelsky/Khemelevsky/Novitsky/Markow families as pre-Revolution Russians and post-Revolution
emigres fleeing to Bulgaria, United States and Canada. Additional focus on the Russian Orthodox Church
Outside Russia (ROCOR) and its role in support of émigrés and orphans around the world.
‣ Extensive research via professional archives, museums and University centers in Russia, Bulgaria, and US.
‣ Inventory extensive 19th/20th century historical documents and artifacts.
‣ Enhance and restore historical photos. Translate countless Russian documents to English.
‣ Publish periodic historical digital content pieces. One piece received a local award.
‣ Create course content for Russian historical cultural seminars. Plans to expand by building a multi cultural
heritage journey framework to preserve culture and provide public education and enrichment experiences.
‣ Fundraise for Foundation of Russian History and Monastery/Seminary.
CITY OF NORWICH, Norwich, CT
Program Manager - City Community Boating (2008-2010)
Managed City recreational and competitive rowing program as a result of a $250,000 City grant.
‣ Responsible for all Federal, State and City boating law compliance.
‣ Market program as a strong City asset for residential living and tourism.
‣ Authored over 100 pages of official City approved documentation: Roles and Responsibilities, Boating Safety
Procedures, Travel Procedures, Emergency Action Plan, Emergency Procedures, Safety Equipment
Guidelines, Introduction packet, Learn To Row Course, Shell Rigging User Manual, log forms.
‣ Recommend equipment purchases. Maintain inventory. Identified safety equipment.
‣ Recruit high school and adult club membership. Organize and conduct learn to row clinics. Develop adjunct
clinics: strength training, yoga for rowers, erg, winter workout, safety clinics.
‣ Foster community alliances. Leader in building a community consortium with five other clubs.
‣ Communication liaison between US Rowing national governing body and City officials, Recreation
Department, Coast Guard, Community Boating Consortium.
PFIZER INC, GLOBAL RESEACH AND DEVELOPMENT DIVISION (PGRD), New London, CT
Program / Project Manager Consultant - Information Security Officer (2004 - 2008)
Resided in Pfizer’s PGRD Global Information Protection Program Management Office (PMO) as a divisional
Information Security Officer. Received guidance from Global Corporate Security.
‣ Achieved ISO security and privacy standards compliance for the 1500 application portfolio across the division
utilizing a risk based approach involving asset inventory, risk assessment, cost benefit analysis, gap analysis,
and remediation. Managed via a matrix environment.
‣ Conducted global third party risk assessments and ensured compliance.
‣ Automated utilizing Archer Technologies (now EMC) Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) software.
‣ Contributed to the development of Archer’s GRC software package.
‣ Partnered for Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity Plans targeting critical processes and applications.
‣ Assisted in Information Protection training and awareness. Assisted in PGRD Divisional compliance audits.
Project Manager Consultant (2002 - 2004)
‣ Managed a 6 person team for the test effort of a global validated application for worldwide use recording
adverse reactions of drugs on animals. Complied with FDA regulatory reporting and validation requirements.
COMPUTER SCIENCES CORP, Rocky Hill, CT
Project Manager - Application Services Division Alliances (1999 - 2002)
Responsible for creating a Strategic Alliance Practice within the Application Services Division as aligned with
Corporate. Partners included Microsoft, Oracle, Computer Associates, Mercury Interactive and others.
‣ Achieved first year savings of $750,000 for the division.
‣ Nominated by CIO to serve on prestigious 20 person Global Enterprise Architectural Review Board for
Internal Applications representing the CSC/Computer Associates Alliance. The objective to support CSC’s
Global operating model by driving a coordinated application architectural standard to transform CSC’s internal
application portfolio into a strategic asset with a reduced total cost of ownership.
‣ Relationship management with technical architects, client account teams, alliance partners and vendors to
identify and promote new business development offerings, target new alliance partners, leverage and
maintain existing alliance operations.
‣ Research industry trends/vendors/technologies utilizing research firms, conduct product evaluation/
comparison studies, identify current technology needs, make technology recommendations, introduce new
technologies into the company, and negotiate vendor terms and conditions.
‣ Qualified Russian offshore IT industry and associated companies for Offshore Office in order to establish
Russian alliance partners. Attended Russian Outsourcing conference in Boston, Massachusetts. Established
and maintained Russian CEO level contacts within the Russian offshore IT industry.
Project Manager (1997-1999)
‣ Responsible for Y2K assessment/remediation of 2 million lines of code for PowerBuilder and IDMS Financial
Applications and associated platform utilizing CSC’s Catalyst Methodology. Managed 2 direct reports.
‣ Statement of work, business strategies, client workshops, presentations, client relationship management,
project planning, scheduling, execution.
HARTFORD STEAM BOILER INSURANCE COMPANY, Hartford, CT
Project Manager Consultant (1996-1997)
Worked in a Research and Development group on a prototype industry leading 3-tier application utilizing 3-
tier architecture, GUI design and object oriented design. Responsible for GUI design and quality assurance
testing. Conducted unit, system, functional and usability testing. Devised test plans.
CULLINET SOFTWARE, Westwood, MA
Project Manager (1986-1989)
Managed 15 programmers and performed lead designer role to develop a government financial accounting
package for multiple government agency clients. Clients included CIA, Bureau of Prisons, Bureau of Printing
and Engraving. Involved in depth knowledge of government accounting practices, accounts payable and
general ledger. Client relationship management, multi-client requirements definition.
ERNST & WHINNEY, Boston, MA
Project Coordinator (1985-1986)
Ground floor opportunity to build a system development practice within prestigious Big Eight accounting firm.
Projects with John Hancock Insurance Company and New York State Liquor Commission.
CULLINET SOFTWARE, Westwood, MA
Software Engineer (1982-1985)
Developed accounts payable portion of Cullinet's Financial and Manufacturing Application package for
Fortune 500 clients. Part of a 5 person team. Cullinet, the number one world-leading
ST. LAWRENCE UNIVERSITY, Canton, NY
Bachelor of Arts in Economics, Major GPA 3.8
COMPUTER SCIENCES CORP, Falls Church, VA
Selected for and completed prestigious intensive one-week internal CSC project management course.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE (PMI)
University of California, Irvine University Extension Program
Completed 8 PMI PMP Certification courses, PMP Certified.
CERTIFICATIONS: PROJECT MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL (PMP)
PMI’s Project Management Professional (PMP) credential is the most important industry-recognized certification for project managers. Globally recognized and demanded. PMP Certified 2005.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE (PMI)
The leading professional association in the project management discipline providing global leadership in
developing standards and best practices for the profession worldwide.
U.S. - RUSSIA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE OF NEW ENGLAND, INC. (USRCCB)
Non-profit business organization promoting commerce and culture between companies, institutions and
individuals and Russia and her former Republics.
AMERICAN FRIENDS OF KENYA (AFK)
Non-profit sponsoring trips to Kenya for teams of medical, educational, library, and agricultural professionals; to
assist struggling schools, libraries, hospitals, and public health and youth development programs.
Program Management,Regulatory Complliance, Information Security / Privacy,
Project Management (PMP, Statement of Work, Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery,
Client Stakeholder Management, Scope Management, Application Development
Strategic Alliance Management, Risk Management, Requirements Definition
Strategic Planning, Outsourcing, Gap Analysis
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.