Clinical Social Worker Resume
|Desired Industry: Counseling
|Desired Job Location: Dallas, Texas
||Date Posted: 4/4/2013
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 04/08/2013
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 50-75%
|Highest Degree Attained: Masters
||Willing to Relocate: Undecided
Highly skilled, licensed clinical social worker with more
than 10 years of experience in a clinical setting
including residential, hospital, and outpatient.
Specialized in working with dual diagnosed young
adults and possess a rare dedication to clients with
Borderline Personality Disorder and addictions. Overall
deep commitment to clients. Experience in working
with adults, adolescents, and children. Dedicated to
providing exceptional care and implementing effective
treatment plans. Innate ability to establish rapport
quickly and develop trust to help engage difficult
clients into treatment. Proven, high, success rate of
treatment of difficult, sometimes chronic clients. Team
oriented proven by solid relationships with co-
workers. Clinical supervisor, skilled in balancing
professionalism with sincere empathy; experienced in
providing a safe, supportive, non-judgmental
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Superior clinical skills particularly with treatment of
personality disorders, substance abuse, eating
disorders, trauma, Asperger's disorder, and Factitious
Experience in family and group dynamics.
DBT trained; Integrates CBT, RCT, psychodynamic
therapy and neuroscience where clinically appropriate.
12 step based.
Remarkable skills in establishing rapport with clients
and in applying techniques for assessing psychosocial,
behavioral, and psychological aspects of clients
Exceptional diagnostic and case conceptualization
Valuable crisis intervention skills demonstrated while
providing treatment to clients with trauma, self-harm
behaviors, substance abuse, and impulsivity.
Experience in treating clients with Cystic Fibrosis, FAP,
and other chronic medical diagnosis.
Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
Certified in supervising social work students/interns.
Recognized for effectiveness, dedication, and skills
through promotions and letters of praise from clients
Proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel,
Outlook, and Internet.
Site Director – Outpatient Treatment Facility
3/2012 – 3/2013
ñ Oversaw site's daily operation.
ñ Duties included budget for site, Payroll,
financial agreements with patients, and maintaining a
census based on the site's goals.
ñ Clinical duties included treatment team
meetings, supervision of clinical staff, ensuring
program was meeting patient's treatment and facility
needs, conducted group therapy and individual
ñ Supervised admission/assessment coordinator
as well as conducted assessments to determine app
level of care.
ñ Utilization Management – Pre-certs/appeals,
ñ Worked with Public Relations to create and
sustain relationships with other providers in the
Assistant Clinical Director
October 2009 to 12/2011
SLS, Brewster, NY
• Responsible for all clinical director duties in absence
of clinical director.
• Assist clinical director in overseeing clinic that
includes 80+ clients and 5-8 clinicians, nursing staff,
psychiatrists, and other relevant staff.
• Share responsibility for 24 hour, 7 day a week, on-
duty service for all clinical emergencies that occur at
of the program.
• Supervise, train, evaluate, and motivate professional
staff, providing in-service training to clinical staff and
other disciplines on an assigned or as needed basis;
• Ensures the preparation and maintenance of all client
clinical treatment records with use of all required
• Interprets, administers, and implements
departmental policies and procedures.
• Participates in departmental budget preparation.
• Completes potential client interviews to
assess/determine appropriateness for program.
• Serve as an instrumental member of crisis
intervention team and handle staff/client grievances.
• Provide training to rehabilitation staff.
2007 to Present
Private Practice, Brewster, NY
• Provide individual therapy to clients with various
psychiatric diagnoses. All clients have completed
residential treatment and continue treatment on an
October 2004 to 12/2011
SLS, Brewster, NY
• Provide clinical services to a caseload of 10-15
clients and their families in individual, group, and
family therapy settings.
• Lead weekly psychotherapy groups for clients with
Personality Disorders and Eating Disorders.
• Collaborate with treatment team that consists of
psychiatrists, clinical social workers, psychologists,
nurses, and rehabilitation counselors to develop and
modify individualized treatment plans.
Complete documentation including progress notes,
assessments, and treatment plans in compliance with
• Complete managed care reviews and authorizations.
• Create appropriate discharge plans collaborating
with client, families, and other collaterals.
MSW Social Work Intern
September 2003 to May 2004
HallBrooke Hospital, Westport, CT
• Served as a Social Work Intern on a child &
adolescent inpatient psychiatric unit.
• Conducted individual, group, and family therapy.
• Maintained appropriate clinical documentation.
• Created and ensured discharge plans.
October 2001 to February 2003
SLS, Brewster, NY
• Oversaw residential counselors, conducted
performance reviews and staff audits.
• Enforced policies and procedures of the residential
program and managed all clients during shift to ensure
service plans were followed, identify symptom
changes, and record behaviors.
• Implemented behaviors plans designed by clinical
• Worked collaboratively with directors and clinica
l team to manage crisis situations during shift.
• Assisted and trained with clinical staff in personality
disorder group therapy.
• Maintained health and safety of clients at all times.
February 2001 to October 2001
SLS, Brewster, NY
• Implemented client service plans and recorded client
activities and behaviors.
• Assisted and supported clients with program
adjustments, daily living skills, behaviors modification
• Organized client activities.
• Supervised clients in a supportive encouraging
manner with daily living skills, coping skills, and
assisted with their needs.
• Maintained progress notes.
• Assisted and supported clients as they adjusted to
the program, interacted with peers, and reentered the
• Led psycho educational groups designed to
stimulate, teach, and engage clients in meaningful
conversations about their illness and basic life skills.
BSW Social Work Intern
September 1999 to May 2000
Green Chimney Children's Services, Brewster, NY
• Served as a social work intern at a child/adolescent
• Collaborated with social work colleagues to assist in
treatment of clients ages 5-13 with psychiatric
disorders, learning disabilities, and behavioral issues.
• Coordinated with educational staff and families to
assist in creating treatment plans/goals.
• Gained increased responsibility and independence in
direct client care with supervision.
• Conducted weekly group therapy with males ages
Fordham University, 2004
MSW with Specialization in Children and Families
Clinical Social Work
Western Connecticut State University, 2000
Danbury, CT BSW
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.