Product Management/Marketing Resume
|Desired Industry: Information Technology
|Desired Job Location: Ashburn, Virginia
||Date Posted: 1/25/2013
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 25-50%
|Highest Degree Attained: MBA
||Willing to Relocate: Undecided
Business savvy marketing professional with a strong track record of success in product management, product marketing and new product development. Special expertise understanding customer and market needs and launching new products and services that provide a distinct competitive advantage.
PRODUCT MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE:
Independent Consulting (2010 – Present)
AT&T - Product Management Contractor - Digital Signage
Oakton, VA (2012-Present)
• Doubled revenues of the AT&T Digital Signage product portfolio in 2012 and projecting to double revenues again in 2013.
• Developed product roadmap and a targeted vertical market strategies focused on the Retail, Finance and Hospitality markets.
• Built a Retail Vertical Market marketing campaign and coordinated launch to internal and external customers.
Verizon Business/Terremark – Product Management Contractor - Cloud Computing
Ashburn, VA (2010-2011)
• Partnered with VMware on Verizon’s first hybrid-cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) product targeted at technically savvy, do-it-yourself business customers.
• Developed and managed a comprehensive Beta trial with a cross-section of Fortune 500 customers representing several targeted vertical markets. Stress-tested Verizon’s operational support processes and secured critical feedback for Verizon’s Cloud product roadmap.
Taproot Foundation – Pro Bono Volunteer
Account Director – DC Scores (2011-12) – DC Scores is a non-profit organization that builds teams through after school programs for over 800 low-income DC youth at 27 schools by instilling self-expression, physical fitness and a sense of community. Led team of 4 pro bono consultants on a project to research and deliver a professional brochure for the organization.
Account Director – Safe Shores – DC Children’s Advocacy Center (2010) - Safes Shores is a non-profit organization that provides a range of services for victims of child abuse in DC. Led team of 5 pro bono consultants on a comprehensive Branding and Key Messaging project.
Vice President Product Management
Spacenet Inc., McLean Virginia (2007 – 2009)
Satellite communications service provider specializing in VSAT & terrestrial solutions for commercial and US government customers.
• Spearheaded launch of Spacenet’s first disciplined Product Roadmap that provided customers with firm delivery commitments for new products and services. Resulted in two consecutive years of record sales and 100% on-time product launches by effectively matching development resources with short and long-term strategic objectives.
• Drove organizational change by developing and implementing a new product process that reversed company’s tactical and reactive business focus. New best-in-class process resulted in 50% improvement in development team productivity and two-year pipeline of new products and services.
• Aggressively drove turnaround of Product Management team through effective leadership and refocus of staff priorities. Attained 100% satisfaction rating among key internal customers.
Director Product Management & Global Marketing Solutions
iDirect Technologies Inc. Herndon, Virginia (2004 – 2007)
Industry leading satellite communications equipment firm specializing in IP broadband solutions for US commercial, federal and global service providers. Awarded 17th place in the Inc. 500 – America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies.
• Established iDirect’s first Product Management team and launched a best-in-class new product process for the organization. Resulted in revenue growth from $35M to $123M and product line growth from 5 to 28 products from 2004-07.
• Achieved #1 worldwide market share position for iNFINITI satellite hub product line by addressing unmet customer needs in EMEA, CALA and Asia. Successful efforts led to Frost & Sullivan Product Innovation award.
• Achieved #1 market share for iDirect products in US Government Department of Defense markets. Quickly responded to market needs with new products and innovative features that helped drive iDirect Government sales by over 200% within two years.
• Instituted and chaired executive-level team that established short and long-term strategic direction and oversaw approval of all new product initiatives. Resulting Product Roadmap solidified iDirect’s reputation for innovation, technical excellence and leadership within the satellite industry and culminated in CEO’s selection as Satellite Executive of the Year in 2006.
Director Product Management
Telcordia Technologies, Inc. Piscataway, New Jersey (2003 – 2004)
Market leading enterprise software firm specializing in OSS solutions for domestic and international telecommunications service providers.
• Spearheaded market strategy, product development and accelerated international launch of ServiceGate Gateway interconnection product into Europe, US and Canadian markets.
• Steered sales process by establishing worldwide partner relationships with CapGemini, IBM and Level 3 to exploit competitive synergies and gain accelerated sales traction in underdeveloped markets.
• Identified product requirements and drove development completion of new J2EE platform, robust suite of applications and web services development toolset.
Independent Marketing Consultant (1999 – 2003)
Performed short and long-term consulting for companies in the telecommunications and enterprise software industries.
LaunchStar Solutions, Ashburn, Virginia
Founded professional management consulting firm specializing in “go-to-market” solutions for companies seeking to fast-track their development and launch of new products and services.
TeleGea, Arlington, Virginia
Managed release of new web-based, self-service software product for this enterprise software start-up. Introduced a Use Case process that streamlined translation of marketing into technical requirements.
Cable & Wireless, Vienna, Virginia
Assembled 80+ member team and led global development of Unified Communications product for this global telecommunications firm.
Teligent, Vienna, Virginia
Led new product development efforts to deploy a facilities-based ISP services (DSL, Private Lines and Web Hosting) for this telecommunications CLEC.
Cincinnati Bell, Cincinnati, Ohio (1997-1999)
Managed several product lines including ISDN, AIN, Messaging and Value-Added Services products for this telecommunications ILEC.
Assistant Marketing Manager
Fisher-Price, East Aurora, New York (1995-1997)
Successfully managed $30 million Fisher-Price Tournament Table and Triple Arcade consumer game products.
Assistant Planning & Analysis/Brand Manager
The Hershey Company, Hershey, Pennsylvania (1988-1994)
Directed marketing efforts for the Ronzoni and American Beauty pasta brands. Led initial investigation into the healthy snacks market.
Fordham University Graduate School of Business Administration, New York, NY
Master of Business Administration
Rutgers University, Rutgers College New Brunswick, NJ
Bachelor of Arts
Double Major - Business Administration and Communications
• Product Management & Product Marketing
• Product Roadmaps and Business Cases
• Product Launches and Go to Market Strategies
• New Product Development Process Improvements
• Value Propositions and Positioning
• Market Research & Competitive Analysis
• Team Leadership and Staff Development
• Business Development & Vendor Management
• Short and Long-term Strategic Planning
• Market Segmentation
• Marketing Programs/Promotions
• Sales Enablement and Lead Generation
• P&L and Budget Responsibility
• Pricing Strategies
Demonstrated experience in the following industries:
• Cloud Computing
• Enterprise Software
• Digital Signage
• Satellite Communications
• Internet Services
• Consumer Products
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.