|Desired Industry: Newspaper/Magazine
|Desired Job Location: Atlanta, Georgia
||Date Posted: 9/5/2012
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: Immediately
|Desired Wage: 70,000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: Undecided
To excel as an efficient and valuable employee, while utilizing my
journalism, communications, English and design experience.
Copy Editor/Designer, Writer, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Georgia: Nov. 2005 – Present
* Write watch-dog reports on food-safety inspections related to restaurants across metro Atlanta.
* Rim articles for the features, news, sports, business and editorial sections.
* Design and slot pages for various sections.
* Participate in reader focus, Web content and diverse story forms task-force training.
Op-Ed Editor/Designer, Detroit Free Press, Detroit, Michigan: Oct. 2001 – 2005
* Line-edit freelance and wire commentary by local and national guest columnists.
* Copy-edit editorials, letters to the editor, and national and syndicated columns.
* Sweep the wires, create a budget and help choose commentary for the daily lineup.
* Design the op-ed page.
Copy Editor/Designer, The Detroit News, Detroit, Michigan: Oct. 1993 – Oct. 2001
* Interim assistant features editor of the community calendar pages.
* Assist the assistant arts and entertainment editor.
* Work with free-lance reporters and other writers.
* Line-edit and design.
Copy Editor/Page Designer, The Oakland Press, Pontiac, Michigan: Feb. 1990 – Oct. 1993
* Copy-edit news and business copy and design daily inside pages.
* Assist the editorial page editor by line-editing and compiling copy
for the editorial and commentary pages.
Reporter and Copy Editor, Shoreline Newspapers, Connecticut: Oct. 1989 – Feb. 1990
* Cover local events for various weekly papers – as part of the Capital Cities/ABC program.
EDUCATION Journalism, Bachelor of Arts Degree
Grambling State University, December 1988
SPECIAL PROJECTS Copy Desk Chief, UNITY News project, N.Y., June 6-10, 2011
Copy Desk Chief, NABJ Student Project, 2000-2010
Copy Editing, Design, Writing
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.