|Desired Industry: Hotel/Motel/Hospitality/Tourism
|Desired Job Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
||Date Posted: 8/13/2012
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: Available now
|Desired Wage: 80000.00
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 25-50%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
A passionate 22+ year leader, compelled to serve others and to create memorable experiences in the resort, conference center, hotel, private club, and restaurant industries. Work history involves all aspects of operations; rooms, front office, sales, services, restaurant, banquets, culinary, housekeeping, accounting and administration. A proven team motivator experienced with grand openings of new facilities and involved with extensive renovations and upgrades of existing properties.
Broyhill Inn & Conference Center, Appalachian State University Boone, NC
General Manager - September 2003 to December 2011
• Orchestrated overall direction, leadership, planning and management of the conference center, including rejuvenating a positive image for Appalachian State University.
• Mentored and managed operations team and staff within Conference Sales and Services, Rooms, Front Office, Housekeeping/Laundry, Culinary/Food & Beverage, Banquet Operations, Evening Management and Engineering.
• Spearheaded property restructuring to properly align appropriate reporting structures optimizing position responsibilities to maximize efficiency.
• Generated property wide goals and policies and developed annual conference center budget, structured labor analysis and strategic plans for long- and short-term growth.
• Negotiated group contracts and agreements for all operations up to 2.5 million in sales annually.
• Optimized both food & beer/wine/mixed beverage costs of sale to industry standards.
• Maximized properties seventy thousand dollar marketing and advertising plan with local business relationships and social media campaigns.
• Lodging Operations II class Instructor at Appalachian State University, Spring 2004
• Communicated with the Director of Auxiliary Services at Appalachian State University on administrative issues.
Director of Sales & Marketing - August 1999 to September 2003
• Spearheaded new initiatives and service principles for the Conference Sales / Services teams.
• Directed the daily operations of the facility in assistance to the facility director. This included direct supervision of front-of-the-house restaurant operations and the in-house catering operations for the 20,000 sq. ft. facility.
• Leveraged the properties marketing plan and advertising campaign to align with shifting group business profiles.
• Structured the cash handling & alcohol beverage control to exceed state mandated guidelines.
• Developed timekeeping and payroll policies and procedures following implementation of electronic timekeeping systems.
Hershey Lodge & Convention Ctr., Hershey Entertainment & ResortsHershey, PA
Hearth Food and Beverage Manager - February 1998 to August 1999
• Directed and energized 4 food & beverage operations within the resort; Lebbie Lebkicher’s Eatery and Pub, a 226 seat family restaurant and lounge, the Hearth Dining Room, a 124 seat semi-formal dining room, Room Service, servicing 664 rooms and the Cocoa Beanery, a gourmet coffee & pastry shop located in the convention center.
• Coordinated the grand openings of new food & beverage operations during the resorts 32 million dollar expansion in 1998. Lebbie Lebkicher’s in Apr. ’98, Renovated Hearth Dining Room in Jun. ’98, Room Service in Jul. ’98 and the Cocoa Beanery in Sep. ’98.
• Intensified a cohesive Assistant Restaurant Manager team that developed together and were empowered to exceed the guest’s expectations.
Savannah Lakes Village, P.O.A. Inc.McCormick, SC
Tara Clubhouse Manager - March 1996 to February 1998
• Directed club operations involving all dining, member events and catering services.
• Revitalized the operation by lowering departmental costs and increasing revenues to achieve budgeted sales and profitability.
• Developed accurate and aggressive long- and short-range financial objectives consistent with the Property Owners Association’s ten year pro forma.
• Ensured that effective cash and asset controls were in place throughout the department.
• Pioneered new services in response to growth conditions and revenue opportunities.
• Orchestrated improved membership satisfaction with the introduction of a “guest-first” philosophy throughout the operation.
Paragon Property Management, a division of Lane Hotels, Inc. Myrtle Beach, SC
Director of Rental Operations - April 1995 to March 1996
• Developed and managed a vacation rental operation utilizing privately owned condominiums on the Grand Strand.
• Implemented target marketing programs using direct-mail and brochure development to secure both rental contracts and room nights.
• Established rate schedules, package components and sell limits to assure maximum occupancies and profits.
Kingsmill Resort and Conference Center, Busch Properties Inc.Williamsburg, VA
* Numerous positions held from – September 1987 to April 1995
Assistant Rooms Division Manager - January 1994 to April 1995
• Managed the front office, guest services, concierge, and transportation departments for the full-service four star / four diamond resort operations.
Resort Night Manager - December 1991 to January 1994
• Mentored all the operating departments with the end-of-day, end-of-shift procedures.
Interim Director of Housekeeping - June 1993 to September 1993
• Managed daily operations for the 400+ satellite condominium property.
Conference Services Supervisor / Head Houseman - February 1988 to February 1992
• Created new department for facility opening involving concierge and set-up operations.
Front Desk Agent - September 1987 to February 1988
1986 State University of New York, College at Oswego Oswego, NY
• Bachelor of Arts, Physics
• Minor in Theater – Technical focus, design, welding and construction.
• Boone Tourism Development Authority – Chairman, 2011-2012
• Boone Tourism Development Authority – Secretary, 2007-2010
• NC High Country Host – Executive Board President, 2003 & 2004, 2008 & 2009
• NC High Country Host – Executive Board Vice President, 2002
• Boone / Blowing Rock Area Lodging Association – Vice President, 2002-2003
• Lay Director, SONrise Walk to Emmaus Community, Kingsport, TN, 2012
• Chancellor’s Leadership Development Series, Appalachian State University, 2011
• Watauga Leadership Challenge, Boone Area Chamber of Commerce, 2001
• 2011: Initiated the renovation of the Broyhill Inn & Conference Center guestrooms involving room & bathroom upgrades. Conversion of double/doubles to double queen beds, new flat screen televisions, rearranging of furnishing to accommodate upgrades and new soft goods. Project included installation of synthetic tub wall surfaces and new plumbing fixtures. Project held up due to University financial / State budget concerns.
• 2005: Oversaw renovations of the Helen Powers Grand Hall, a 6,640 sq. ft. grand ballroom and Alumni Hall pre-function areas of the Broyhill Inn & Conference Center. Involved constant communications and decision making with the University’s Physical Plant staff and outside contractors.
• 2000: Co-managed hotel renovations at the Broyhill Inn & Conference Center. Project involved upgrading of guestrooms and hotel corridors including wall surfaces, new floor tile, bathroom fixtures, carpeting, furniture, fixtures and equipment and soft goods. Involved design, schemes and fabric selections. On-site coordination with contractors.
• 1998: Management team member that oversaw a thirty-two million dollar resort restoration project at the Hershey Lodge & Convention Center; involved construction of new hotel tower, complete public space renovations, expanded lobby, new convention center addition and new restaurant operation facilities. Involved extensive customer logistics and safety concerns due to property remaining open during project.
• 1988: Supervisor team member involved in the grand opening of the newly constructed conference center at Kingsmill Resort & Conference Center. Involved extensive equipment selection and purchasing for the new conference center operations. Hiring of all needed staffing, generating of departmental policies and guidelines as new departments were created for new I.A.C.C. facility and operations.
• Previous Certified Property Manager designation in the State of South Carolina – a state controlled certification for management of developments, residential communities and rental operations.
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.