Program/Project Management Resume
|Desired Industry: Healthcare
|Desired Job Location: Washington, District of Columbia
||Date Posted: 8/10/2012
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 08/13/12
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 25-50%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: No
Shari Turner is a results-oriented IT and Telecommunications professional with proven successes in diverse markets. Shari’s center of attention is a position in Executive Management, and or Program/Project Management.
Spin Systems, Fairfax, VA July 2011 – Present
COHORT Program Manager
• Serves as the program manager and the authorized interface to government and customer representatives. Drive the relationship with government sponsors, the relationship and serve as the primary point of communication with sponsors and representatives.
• Manage and direct multiple project teams to complete simultaneous projects. Work with technical leadership and business owners to define budget, project scope/plans, requirements and proposals for on-boarding/off-boarding technical staff.
• Provide strategic and project leadership by developing, reviewing and approving project plans. Estimate resources and participants required to achieve project goals, develop schedules, level project resources, define work breakdown structure and generate baselines, identify and mange project dependencies and critical path. Plan schedule and track project budget, schedule and scope using appropriate tools.
• Use Earned Valued Management [EVM] to analyze progress, create budget sheets and tract profitability, revenue, margins bill rates and utilization across projects. Determine appropriate revenue recognition, ensure accurate invoicing, and monitor receivables.
• Proactively manage changes in scope and identify potential risk and creating mitigation or contingency strategy.
• Review deliverables for conformance with scope and ensure that project milestones are met, processes adhered to, and work standards are compiled with.
• Coordinate team activities, assign responsibilities and track progress. Ensure high performance continuous learning and excellent morale.
• Implement engagement review and quality assurance procedures to ensure successful execution of engagements
• Provide written input to SOWs, price and technical proposals.
Social Security Administration (Microtech) July 2009 – April 2011
Senior Project Manager
• Serves as a Program Manager responsible for risk management, coordination, planning, change control management, negotiating and resolving conflicts, resource allocation and estimating, team building, project scope management, project integration, project time management and project execution for Social Security Administration's nationwide data, voice, and video networking service projects.
• Serves as a CARE to 2020 project liaison throughout discovery processes. Elicits, specifies, manages, analyzes, models and verifies system requirements. Assesses the business and technical feasibility of proposed system changes. Defines the technical environment (e.g., computing architecture, operating system, telecommunications needs) into which the system or product will be placed.
• Responsible for transitioning national SSA digital voice network to a VOIP network.
• Develops departmental guidance regarding the application and implementation of procedures, regulations and policies concerning the development of agency projects. Manages team of project manager’s negotiating call flow logic design, management Information (MI) development, collection and reporting functions, computer telephony integration (CTI) screen pop/screen splash project and enhancements (i.e. planning, project design, risk management, etc.)
• Manages the development and delivery of key Life Cycle artifacts. Manages IT Customer Technical Reviews, Life Cycle Stage Reviews and Milestone Readiness Reviews ensuring an in-depth look at technical and business IT issues facilitating approval of the IT deliverables ensuring early and continuous stakeholder feedback, identifying and resolving issues and actions required to gain approval, and providing a forum to resolve conflicting comments.
• Ensures project’s readiness for the Milestone Exit Review. Plans and manages the strategic and tactical direction of the SSA voice communications and voice-data integration programs. Provides technical and analytical support for the National 800 Number and other communications initiatives and programs.
• Administers Federal Telecommunication System (FTS) 2000 services SSA-wide and supports SSA in negotiations with GSA and FTS vendors and carriers
• Coordinates implementation all tasks involving third party vendors as well as providing consultation to clients on system implementation. Manages transition of client from Solutions Implementation to Client Support.
• Architected technical solutions for flagship product
• Managed development tasks and supported sales team for technical demos
• Actively participated, and mentored team members, in the entire software development cycle, including, detailed technical design specifications, development & code reviews, developing test scripts, test execution, & coordinating development tasks with the System Quality Assurance Team
• Negotiated with subcontractors and vendors to provide resources as needed
Time Warner Cable (TMNG Global) January 2008 – February 2009
Senior Project Manager
• Managed all phases of the IT project system life cycle. Participated within each phase of the IT life cycle including Customer Technical Reviews (CTR’s) Life Cycle Stage Reviews (LCSRs) and Milestone Readiness Reviews (MRRs) ensuring compliance with TWC Enterprise Architecture. .
• Initiated, elicited, gathered and validated requirements for project execution, monitoring and quality closing assurance procedures to launch Business Class Products nationally while minimizing risk to projected launch dates. Managed and led day-to-day project operations and scope across the US.
• Interpreted and executed corporate policy and developed, formulated, managed and executed budgets Implemented TWC business methodology and enforced EVPL and EVP project standards within their national footprint.
• Developed and maintained marketing strategies meeting organizational goals and objectives. Evaluated customer research, market conditions and competitor data and implemented marketing plans. Conducted market research and developed source selection factors. Provided technical and administrative direction over a variety of contracting vehicles, and acquisition management, planning and analysis tasks. Developed and maintained marketing strategies meeting organizational goals and objectives.
• Developed, validated and designed test plans and specific scenarios for testing different software programs.
Sprint/Nextel April 2004 – February 2008
Senior Project Manager
• Managed Project Management Office (PMO) of 40 support project managers; recruited, supervised, and trained personnel. Consultant for Sprint and Nextel’s business merger. Assessed which strategy, system conversion and migration would best fit the organization's needs and optimize cost/benefits. Based on the selected strategy, defined the overall conversion project goals and deliverables.
• Prepared the project plan and deliverables specifications. Defined resource requirements and negotiated with functional managers for resources.. Assisted in developing architecture solutions for the business merger.
• Received rewards from Executive management on ability to bridge between business gaps of Sprint and Nextel IT teams. Implemented training schedules and budgets ensuring confidence from senior management that enhanced employee growth and increased company morale
• Conducted business case analysis; developed and implemented IT business cases for upper level management (CTO, CEO, CFO, SVP, VP, Senior Director, Director and General Management) supporting corporate vision, mission statement, goals and objectives.
• Conducted briefings and prepared comprehensive reports keeping managers and executives advised of project plans, progress and communicated findings and recommendations. Served as contracting officer’s technical representative (COTR), performing and providing technical and administrative direction over a variety of acquisition management, acquisition planning and analysis task that required continuous oversight, coordination and monitoring of IS efforts and their respective contracts.
• Monitored active contracts to ensure satisfactory progress and compliance with the terms and conditions of contracts. Effectively conveyed project direction in both written and verbal business development discussions while keeping project teams well informed of changes within the organization and general corporate environment
BS, Art Education, Penn State University,
PMP in process
Knowledge Transfer Quality Control MS Office Suite
Project Leadership MS Project Budget Planning & Cost Control
Client Relations MS Server Strategic Planning & Development
SharePoint Visio Critical Path & Risk Analysis
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.