|Desired Industry: Farming/Ranching/Agriculture
|Desired Job Location: Visalia, California
||Date Posted: 7/19/2012
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 7/28/2012
|Desired Wage: 130000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Executive (President, VP, CEO)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, More Than 75%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: No
Experienced Chief Financial Officer and member of Senior Management team. Demonstrated performance in the development and oversight of all administration and financial areas of company operations. Contributing member to the long-range planning and goals of the organization.
M. CARATAN, INC. /COLUMBINE VINEYARDS, CFO 7/11 to 11/11 A leading table grape grower consisting of more than 6,000 acres, 80 employees.
Responsible for the overall financial management of the company and daily management responsibilities of the Accounting, Human Resources and IT departments.
VISALIA CITRUS PACKING GROUP, LP (VCPG) 7-85 to 7/11
Commercial Licensed Grower/Packer/Shipper of Sunkist Growers, farming 3,000 +/- of company owned and absentee owners’ citrus. The company packs and ships 4,500,000 cartons of citrus at its two packinghouses.
Vice President Finance and Administration, Chief Financial Officer,
Treasurer, Visalia Fruit Exchange: VCPG's marketing affiliate.
Managing Member, City Centre LLC: Development Subsidiary of VCPG
Responsible for the overall financial, accounting, tax, legal, data technology, administrative, and
Human resources of the company.
• Accounting and Reporting: Completed the integration of the company’s reporting system onto its new computer system begun in the early 1980’s. Centralized all general accounting, payroll, pool and grower accounting in order to improve quality of service, reduce employee costs and strengthen internal controls. Instituted monthly financial reporting statements including detailed budgeting procedures with variable cost and price volume analysis. Instituted annual and long-term capital expenditure procedures including actual versus budget variance.
• Income and other Taxes: Responsible for all income and other tax issues related to the company and its partners. Coordinate tax issues with companies outside auditors and tax attorneys including preparation of detailed income tax data for the preparation of the company’s tax return. Converted the company’s original corporation from a “C” corporation to an “S” corporation as part of the company’s reorganization in 1988. Converted tax reporting method of company operations from cash basis tax to accrual basis tax.
• Information Processing: Oversight of the company’s information processing functions including hardware and software.
• Human Resource: Oversight of all aspects of the company’s human resources function from analysis and selection of employee benefit programs, to administering development of employee handbooks (field and plant), salary administration, and the review of employee complaints including internal investigation of any allegations of misconduct or violation of company procedures or governmental regulation by supervisory personnel.
• Administration: Responsible for all administrative functions of the company including general insurance, overseeing compliance with governmental environmental and regulatory agencies.
• Legal: Primary contact with company’s corporate counsel on all matters, including any litigation initiated by or against the company.
• Ownership: Initiated a reorganization of the company’s ownership structure and multiple entities into single operating entity and eliminated inequitable ownership percentages that existed,
Paul F. (Rick) Stacey – Page 2
• Worked with a major mid-level market merger and acquisition company to access both the company’s realistic valuation and to develop alternative strategies for the company’s continuation and/or ownership exit strategies.
• Financing: Restructured Company’s financing structure to eliminate its reliance on short-term financing and negotiated long-term revolving loan, significantly reducing its cost of financing long-term capital needs.
• Business Development: Developed in conjunction with Goldman Sachs and Metropolitan Insurance a limited partnership investment prospective for investment in Citrus Groves.
• Negotiated Purchase of southern packing plant with a multi-phased, management, lease, and purchase arrangement. This allowed the company time to determine if the plant and its location were truly a proper fit within the organization.
• International Development: Developed program in conjunction with Bank of America’s Investment Banking Division. Program specifically targeted the Japanese investment community. Along with Company President presented the program in Tokyo to various bank and trading companies.
Began exploratory trips to China in 1996: 1) To determine the market potential of direct product sales to China’s affluent coastal cities. These trips included meeting with Chinese Agricultural Officials and culminated with one of the company’s packinghouses being selected to ship the first oranges to China upon the opening of the Chinese market to legal importation of U.S. Citrus. 2) To travel into the interior to the various citrus growing regions to evaluate the extent of citrus plantings, their quality and the farming methods used by the Chinese. This was done to evaluate the potential threat these plantings pose to US citrus production and to consider any potential business opportunities.
RU ANN DAIRY/GOLDEN GENES INC. 1-81 to 7-85
Large family-owned and operated dairy, field crop, tree and vine agribusiness operation located on the West Side of the San Joaquin Valley of California. The company began a significant expansion in the late 1970’s adding over 20,000 acres from a base of 2,000, acquiring a registered Holstein dairy farm in upstate New York, expanding their exporting of both registered Holstein heifers and bull Semen to Japan, Saudi Arabia and South America and constructing a 10,000 cow milking dairy.
Financial Consultant responsible for development of accounting systems and procedures to catch up to the significant expansion begun in the late seventies and to provide the necessary historical and projected financial data necessary to obtain long-term financing for the expansion.
• Financing: From available historical data prepared by family members from a “Safeguard one write accounting system” and investigation and analysis of both historical and projected operations, prepared both current financial statements and future detail cash flow projections to obtain long-term financing of 6,000 +/-acres of vineyard originally purchased with short-term financing. As expansion program continued, developed additional sources of financing including equipment leasing and governmental financing for farm worker housing as well as annual operating loans for cultural and feed operations.
• Financial: Developed systems and procedures to facilitate the move from quarterly service bureau accounting performed on cash tax basis to an in-house monthly computer generated accrual financials with comparisons to budgeted operations.
• Data Processing: Researched and selected company’s computer hardware and software for multi-company, multi-user operation with remote communications capabilities including development of simultaneous accrual/cash accounting system.
• Legal: Interfaced with company’s legal counsel on all matters.
Bentley University, Waltham, Massachusetts -B.S. Major in accounting. Graduated
with highest honors. President’s Award for academic excellence.
Bryant College, Providence, Rhode Island. Majored in Economics, Dean’s List
California Exposition & State Fair Director 2008 to Present
Chair 2012 to Present
Vice Chair 2010 to 2011
Chair Finance and Audit Committee 2009 to 2011
Agricultural Producers Inc: Director 1998 to 2011
Board Chair 2005 to 2011
Western Growers Association: Director 2000 to 2011
2006 to 2008
Western Growers Assurance Trust: Trustee 2007 to 2011
Sunkist Growers Pension Trust: Trustee 2006-2011
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.