|Desired Industry: Accounting/Bookkeeping
|Desired Job Location: FRISCO, Texas
||Date Posted: 7/19/2012
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: today
|Desired Wage: 65000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: No
Dynamic, highly accomplished, and results driven Certified Public Accountant with 10+ years of comprehensive and progressive senior level accounting experience including global organizations with revenues of $73 Billion.
Delivers excellence in consistently meeting objectives and exceeding expectations grounded in an exceptional ability to work under high pressure and meet all deadlines.
Innovative accounting strategist, including cost-effective problem solving, who is consistently recognized as a trusted and effective advisor to corporate C-level officers, complimented by supervisory and training experience, as well as extensive accounting, including auditing skills.
Proven record of accomplishment in regulatory requirements and compliance, GAAP principles, budgetary issues and the analysis of financial data.
Brings an unmatched commitment to the achievement of organizational goals and objectives.
NEXEN PETROLEUM – PLANO, TX, 10/2011 – 7/201,SENIOR ACCOUNTANT
•Contracted to serve as a Senior Level Accountant for this global organization. Prepared Accounts Receivable summary for controller and followed up on any outdated receivables; prepared and posted G&A and Exploration allocation reclass on a monthly basis; prepared balance sheet reconciliation binder and checked reconciliations against general ledger balance in SAP on a monthly basis; and after closing, prepared G&A report for corporate, explaining MTD and YTD variances.
•Posted cash daily; posted all associated clearing entries, ensuring accurate Accounts Receivable aging; posted cash from bank reports and updated cashtrack worksheet on a daily basis; posted cash clearing entry each month end.
•Followed up with customers on over 90 day accounts receivable balances. Updated Intercompany Receivable/Payable Worksheet; and updated grid notes worksheet, a summary of long and short term debt. Settled intercompany balances and reconciled short-term investments.
•Distributed cost center reports to department managers, and managed all questions. Provided explanations of G&A variances for corporate after month end close. Regularly communicated with the Manager of Internal Reporting, the Treasury department, team members, and customers, as related to A/R collection efforts.
WARD, ASEL & COMPANY – DALLAS, TX, 12/2010 – 7/2011
TAX PREPARATION, INDIVIDUAL
•Contracted to prepare individual tax returns, including researching tax code as necessary for this local organization with $3 million in annual revenues.
SIEMENS PLM – PLANO, TX, 12/2008 – 11/2010
•Charged with executing a broad range of senior level accounting functions for this global organization, the 7th largest company in the world with annual revenues of approximately $800 Billion. Reconciled approximately 100 balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis, as well as Goodwill and Investments; and performed prepaid reconciliation.
•Prepared derivative entry each month end and journal entry non-compliance report. Uploaded financial information to team center for external/internal auditors, as well as monthly close calendar; uploaded numerous journal entries to SAP each month end; uploaded appropriate business unit results into financial reporting system each month end; and uploaded financial information as requested by internal and external auditors to team center. Maintained chart of GL accounts, as well as adds/changes.
•Managed movement of thousands of dollars out of expense accounts each month into prepaid, preventing income from being understated by material amounts. Monitored documents in workflow, ensuring countries posted JE’s properly. Applied strong SAP and Excel skills on a daily basis.
MCAFEE – PLANO,TX, 7/2004 – 11/2008
•Charged with senior level accounting responsibilities for this global organization with approximately $1 Billion in annual revenues. Posted cash from online bank reports, ensuring cash posted in the general ledger agrees with cash posting summaries received from Treasury department; and posted monthly intangible amortization entry.
•Performed multiple account reconciliations, encompassing marketable securities, intangibles, money market accounts, and accrued liabilities; performed monthly prepaid audit, ensuring prepaids were expensed appropriately and all support was in the prepaid binders.
•Managed vendor setup process, ensuring vendors were setup timely and accurately. U.S. and Canada General ledger to pro-business payroll processor, ensuring probusiness reports tied to the payroll postings in the general ledger. Provided accrual support and reconciliation for accrued corporate costs, and assisted with audit requests on an as needed basis.
PRIMEDIA WORKPLACE LEARNING – CARROLLTON,TX, 7/2000 – 7/2004
•Reporting to the VP of Accounting for this national organization with approximately $40 Million in annual revenues, charged with a broad range of senior level accounting functions, including supervisory responsibilities for a contract staff accountant.
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT, ETAN INDUSTRIES – DALLAS, TX, 8/1999 – 4/2000
ACCOUNTANT, BLAIR ENGINEERING – PLANO, TX, 10/1997 – 8/1999
BACHELOR’S OF SCIENCE, ACCOUNTING, UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS – DENTON, TX; 1987
- Results driven, focused, meticulously detail oriented and determined performer with exemplary work ethic—offers the highest levels of integrity, initiative, thoroughness and tenacity in working to achieve goals and objectives.
- Highly developed and effective analytical, innovative and proactive approaches to identifying and solving complex problems—including eliminating redundant expenditures.
- Highly effective, first-class communication skills and interpersonal abilities—including solid presentation abilities, and exceptional oral and written communication skills; uses tact and diplomacy in all communications.
- Successfully builds key organizational relationships, collaborating across boundaries, finding common ground with a wide range of clientele and business affiliations, rapidly developing a positive and productive working rapport.
- Strong organizational, multi-task management and prioritization abilities. Performs well under pressure, consistently meeting all deadlines.
- Adaptable, strong self-starter who thrives in leadership of team dynamics, with excellent training, supervisory, and collaborative abilities; rapidly learns new procedures and processes.
- Proficient in a wide range of reporting requirements, including GAAP.
- Possesses strong technical proficiency, including: 11 straight years heavy SAP experience, advanced Excel expertise, in addition to JD Edwards, IBM Platinum, and Oracle knowledge and experience.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.