Research Scientist Resume
|Desired Industry: Biotech
|Desired Job Location: Vaughan, Ontario
||Date Posted: 5/28/2012
|Type of Position: Internship
||U.S. Work Authorization: No
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained: Doctoral
||Willing to Relocate: No
2008-Present Post-Doctoral Fellow, Program in Cell Biology, The Hospital for Sick Children Research Institute, Toronto, Canada. Mentor: Dr. Amira Klip
2007-2008 Post-Doctoral Fellow, Department of Biological Regulation, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel. Mentor: Prof. Yossef Yarden
2000- 2002 Research Assistant, QBI (Quark Biotech, Inc.), Osteobiology Unit, Rehovot, Israel.
Mentors: Dr. Orit Segev, Dr. Aviva Samach, Dr. Odelia Pizanti
1996-1997 Laboratory Assistant – Hebrew University, Faculty of Microbiology, Jerusalem, Israel
Mentor: Prof. David Yogev
2002-2007 Ph.D. in Cell Biology studies, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel.
1997-2000 M.Sc. studies, Faculty of Microbiology, Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel.
1991-1995 B.A studies, Faculty of Medicine, Tel-Aviv University.
GRANTS AND AWARDS
2011 The Banting and Best Diabetes Centre (BBDC) personal award
2010 ASCB travel award
2009 BBDC Trainee Travel Award
2009 Glucose Transporter Young Investigator Award
2008 Canadian Diabetes Association (CDA) personal award
2008 BBDC award (declined)
2005 Pasteur-Weizmann association Travel Research Award to attend Pasteur Institute
2005 European Cytoskeleton Forum (ECF) Travel Award
2000 Feinberg Graduate School scholarship for post-graduate studies
1999 Outstanding student of 1999/2000, Hebrew University, Jerusalem, faculty prize.
Microscopy: Fluorescent, DIC, Phase, Confocal, TIRF, immunoelectron microscopy, live cell imaging, cell-motility assays, Image analysis
Molecular biology: DNA purification and analysis, cloning, DNA transfections, infections, gene expression analysis: Southern blotting, Northern blotting, PCR, RT-PCR and in SITU hybridization, probe and primer design, bioinformatics
Immunology: Western blotting, Immunohistochemistry, FACS analysis, enzyme-linked immunoassay (ELISA), tissue culture (primary cells and cell lines), establishing stable cell lines, assessment of cell proliferation, viability, and apoptosis
Biochemistry: prokaryotic and eukaryotic systems for expression of recombinant proteins, protein labeling, fractionation, assay development for the testing of biological activity of drugs, protein-protein interaction analysis and protein modification, mass spectrometry.
• 14 years experience in Biomedical Research (Diabetes and Cancer Research)
• 2 years of team leader experience
• Published research articles and scientific review in high impact journals
• Strong exposure to up-to-date methods in cellular and molecular biology
• Skilled in design and conduction of research projects, evaluation and analysis of experimental data (including statistical analysis) and presentation results at international meetings
• Cell biologist with extensive international research experience, strong knowledge in fluorescent microscopy and image analysis
• Extensive work with tissue culture (primary cells and cell lines), developing and validation of innovative techniques for samples analysis: in vitro assays, cell-based assays, FACS, ELISA
• Highly creative and experienced in designing molecular tools for production, purification and characterization of proteins
• Result-driven professional with strong analytical skills and multitask abilities, solid interpersonal communication and instructional skills, devoted team player with an excellent ability to plan, organize and prioritize work in a team environment
• Successful fellowships application experience
• Skilled in reviewing of scientific manuscripts for publication in high impact journals
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.