Assistant/Associate Editor Resume
|Desired Industry: Publishing
|Desired Job Location: New York, New York
||Date Posted: 5/21/2012
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 05/21/2012
|Desired Wage: 50000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 50-75%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
To become Managing Editor of a consumer magazine
Regularly Contributing Freelance Writer:
April 2011 – Present
INSTINCT MAGAZINE & INSTINCTMAGAZINE.COM as
• Compose articles ranging from biographical &
autobiographical pieces to product reviews & travel.
GOODLIFEREPORT.COM, as Feature Writer.
• Write upscale fitness, travel, lifestyle, business,
spirits/drinks, cars, gift idea, event, investment, &
HIGHBROWMAGAZINE.COM, as Contributing Writer.
• Provide articles for “cerebrally-minded”
readers, spanning biographical, social, & culinary
DANE STEELE GREEN & STEELE LUXURY TRAVEL, as
• Write travel column for Wire Magazine (weekly)
and Huffington Post (monthly) under the “Dane
Steele Green” name.
EXAMINER.COM as NY Airline Lounges Profiler.
• Detail amenities found in the First Class &
Business Class lounges in international airports
using SEO practices.
S PLUS, INC. GRAPHIC DESIGN AGENCY, New York
City (position eliminated) April
2009 − Feb. 2011
Copy Coordinator: Writing, proofing, trafficking,
• Created/edited copy, including print ads, SEO-
optimized web pages, brochures, posters, etc. as
stipulated by the client.
• Managed freelance writing staff assignments.
• Clips: Canon EOS 60D (intro), Canon EOS Rebel
T3i (product page).
DOUBLEDOWN MEDIA: TRADER MONTHLY, etc., New
York City (company went bankrupt) Feb.
2008 − Feb. 2009
Research Editor/Editorial Assistant: Writing,
interviewing, editing, fact checking & research.
• Wrote/researched articles & blogs for luxury
(real estate, air travel, vacations, tech) & high-
• Hired incoming Editorial Assistants.
NASA TECH BRIEFS MAGAZINE & MOTION CONTROL
TECHNOLOGY, New York City March
2006 − May 2007
Assistant Editor: Copyediting, fact checking &
• Wrote features & interviews (NASA Tech);
wrote/secured all product reviews & features
(Motion Control Technology).
• Clips: “Emerging Trends…”, “Who’s Who at
NASA” (NASA Tech); “Hydraulic Safety Catchers…”
FREELANCE EDITOR: Canon USA & Princeton Review
Jan. 2004 − March 2006
VENDING TIMES MAGAZINE, New York City (let go;
company restructured after death of CEO)
Jan. 2003 − Dec. 2003
AMERICAN MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION, New York
City (let go due to 9/11) March
2001 − June 2002
NEW MEDIA GROUP, New York City (went out of
business after “Tech Bust”)
July 2000 − March 2001
JAPANESE EXCHANGE AND TEACHING PROGRAM
(JET), Japan June
1997 – June 1999
• Editor-in-Chief of national & regional JET
SUSQUEHANNA UNIVERSITY: Bachelor of Arts –
English Language & Literature
• Honors: Magna Cum Laude with University
Honors, Alpha Lambda Delta & Sigma Tau Delta
UNIVERSITY OF WALES TRINITY SAINT DAVID (Year
PC & Mac systems; MS Word/Office, Photoshop,
InDesign, HTML; Words Into Type, Chicago, AP, SEO
FREELANCE WORK PUBLISHED IN:
• OUT.COM (May, 2012: product review)
• OUTTRAVELER.COM (April, 2012: travel)
• NEXT MAGAZINE (March, 2012: news)
• ADVOCATE.COM (December, 2011: news)
• ONEWAY-MAG.COM (Sept. 2011: pp. 10, 14:
• THE ADVOCATE (August, 2007: bio)
• REFRESH MAGAZINE (August, 2007: bio)
• GAY CITY NEWS (December, 2002: book review)
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.