Information Assurance Manager Resume
|Desired Industry: Engineering
|Desired Job Location: Lexington Park, Maryland
||Date Posted: 10/14/2011
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel:
|Highest Degree Attained: Masters
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
Possessing over 20 years’ experience (hands-on to executive leadership) in Information Technology operations within the United States Navy and 9 years’ experience (hands-on to Sr. Engineering management) in Information Assurance as of a DOD contractor. Extremely knowledgeable in the Mid-Level Leadership of Information Assurance, Information Technology, Network Security, Systems Security Engineering, Certification and Accreditation, Large Scale Network Operation Center (NOC) Operations, and Program/Project Management.
12/2007 – Present Rockwell Collins, Richardson, TX - Sr. Engineering Manager
Information Assurance/Systems Security Engineering (SSE)
- Responsible for leading a multi-discipline technical team (22 Engineers) containing a mix of senior and junior engineers with electrical, software and systems engineering backgrounds specializing in the design, integration, validation and certification (DITSCAP, DIACAP, DODIIS, NIACAP, NIST, NSA Type-1) of military products for U.S. and international customers
- Primary interface with Senior and Executive Leadership, reporting the status/progress on the IA/SSE Team performance.
- Guide team members on the utilization of systems and hardware design processes and provide assurance that the design activities are consistent with requirements for product safety, reliability, maintainability, performance, qualification and certification.
- Guide team members on the creation of technical requirements/design baselines, program execution plans, technical risk assessments, and scope, configuration management, schedule and budget aspects for engineering design activities.
- Responsible for Earned Value Management System (EVMS) across all programs supported by SSE.
12/2006 – 12/2007 Rockwell Collins, Richardson, TX - Principal Information Assurance Engineer
Deputy Security IPT Lead, Cryptographic Modernization Program
- Principal Information Assurance Engineer working in the Government Systems Information Assurance department performing systems engineering tasks in the areas of Information Assurance and Information Security.
- Responsible for systems security engineering, including system requirements and design, evaluation and certification for embedded security devices within communications and navigation equipment.
- Responsible for the development of artifacts required to achieve DIACAP certification.
- Responsible for reviewing, writing and evaluating all types of security related papers and documentation that is required for product certification.
- Ensures that system requirements are correctly implemented into the overall system architecture, and will help oversee security related testing for the system.
12/2005 – 12/2006 Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, Fort Worth, TX
Security Team Lead, System Security Engineering (SSE)
- As the Team Lead, responsible for interfacing with multiple Air (Air Vehicle) and ground-based system (Autonomic Logistics) Integrated Product Leads (IPT), the JSF Program Office and NSA regarding all aspects of security for the F-35 Program.
- Chaired the Integrated System Security Working Group meetings with the JSF Program Office, NSA and Certifying Communities. Provided detailed program status on all systems security, information assurance, transmission security, key management and crypto issues.
- Identified and helped resolve security related risks, requirements and implementation issues associated with the Certification and Accreditation and cryptographic endorsement within all security relevant JSF systems and subsystems.
- Managed subcontractor to Lockheed Martin for the generation of all DITSCAP/DIACAP certification and accreditation (Navy & Air Force) evidence and requirements documentation.
- Performed technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Performed functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
6/2005 – 12/2005 Raytheon, Network Centric Systems (NCS) – Integrated Communications Systems (ICS), St Petersburg, FL
Systems Engineering Manager
- Develop functional requirements, system architectures, perform trade studies, verify solutions and validate mission fulfillment.
- Perform system functions of requirement analysis, requirements development, integration & test plans/procedures, and perform system test and evaluation for communication systems & networking systems.
- Primary coach for professional development of section employees; Coordinate and support mentoring of section employees.
- Provide technical leadership for section employees and programs in accordance with standard engineering processes.
2/2005 – 6/2005 Raytheon, Network Centric Systems (NCS) – Secure Networks, St Petersburg, FL
Information Security Project Engineer/Program Manager
- Responsible for the management and over sight of Raytheon Information Assurance Dept, comprising all IA Design, Installation, and Certification/Accreditation, initiatives supporting the Navy Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI).
- Responsible for meeting all contractual Transition Service Level Agreements (SLA) on the NMCI program.
- Directly responsible for the management of all Subcontractors supporting Information Assurance initiatives.
- Primary Government liaison, responsible for operational oversight all IA activities, pertaining to NMCI.
- Cost Account Manager responsible for ensuring all transition initiatives were charged correctly and stayed within budget.
1/2004-2/2005 Raytheon, Network Centric Systems – Secure Networks, St Petersburg, FL
Information Security/Certification and Accreditation (C&A) Manager
- Manage professionals in the creating of security documentation for certification and accreditation of over 1500 US Navy and Marine Corps networks and computer systems.
- Responsible for interpreting and developing policies, procedures and strategies governing the planning and delivery of information security services.
-Expert knowledge of Federal Security Requirements and ability to interpret federal laws and regulations that govern IT Security Programs in federal agency. These laws include FIMSA, OMB A-130, and NIST Special Publications.
-Responsible for the on-going update and eventually re-accreditation of Sensitive But Unclassified (SBU) and Classified DOD systems with regards to the DoD Security Certification and Accreditation Program (DITSCAP/DIACAP).
5/2003-12/2003 Raytheon, Network Centric Systems – Secure Networks, St Petersburg, FL
Information Security Design & Systems Test & Evaluation (ST&E) Manager
- Manage professionals in the Security architecture development (Firewall/VPN/IDS/Network Security Management Consoles) for over 700 US Navy and Marine Corps networks and computer systems.
- Interfaced with the client in the strategic design process to translate security and business requirements into technical designs.
- Responsible for compliance validations of security requirements within the Security Tests and Evaluations (ST&E).
- Conducted risk assessments of planned and operational information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risks, and security controls needed.
- Interface point for all IT vendors on all Network Security equipment (Firewall/VPN/IDS/Network Security Consoles) being order for NMCI.
9/2001-4/2003 Navy Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI) Global Network Operations Center (GNOC) Norfolk, VA
Deputy Director, Global Network Operations Center/Network Operations Officer
- Management responsibilities of (1) Global Network Operations Center (GNOC) and (3) Regional NOC’s/datacenters, servicing over 366,000 customers.
- Responsible for directing the efforts of 2 (24 X 7) Regional (East/West Coast) Help Desk staffs (Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3) and intervening in technical issues on behalf of VIP’s.
- Managed the roll out (service delivery) plan of all Information Technology services for over 1500 Navy sites.
- Managed staff of senior and mid-level managers along with application developers, network and security engineers, and NOC monitoring and incident & problem management employees.
- Formulated, administered and executed enterprise policies, creating progress and success metrics, building teams to meet technical requirements, budgets, and reporting/presentation to Executive Level Management.
- Directly responsible for monitoring network health (statistical analysis, bandwidth utilization, root cause analysis) and for setting the appropriate level of security posture throughout the enterprise.
- Planned, developed, and implemented systems and procedures to optimize IT Operations, specifically focusing on enterprise monitoring and management systems.
- Managed resources against prioritized IT initiatives and created standards for network, hardware and software across the distributed services as well as the management of all information technology assets.
- Actively participated in all vendor status meetings, reviews and negotiated vendor SLA’s with the Network Services Manager, and helped resolve immediate issues as they arose.
Master of Science - Network Security
Bachelors of Science - Computer Information Systems
International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium, Inc., (ISC)˛®
Systems Security Engineering
Certification and Acreditation (DIACAP, NIACAP, TYpe-1, DODIIS, DCID 6/3)
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.