Director of Operations Resume
|Desired Industry: Social Services
|Desired Job Location: Los Angeles, California
||Date Posted: 8/2/2011
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 08/15/2011
|Desired Wage: 60,000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 50-75%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
PLANET POSITIVE INTERNATIONAL,LLC 2009 - Present
Co-owner and Chief Operating Officer
Responsible for process development, staff management, human resources, financial Records, and community and government relations for a global environmental consulting corporation.
H & R BLOCK 2010 - Present
Prepared and filed income tax documents and schedules for a variety of customers. Reconciled and deposited cash register receipts.
INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT 2007- 2009
Youth Policy Institute 2008 - 2009
Operations consultant, evaluating automation of data entry, document completion, and work processes currently used to administer the Supplemental Educational Services (SES) program.
Wildlife Waystation, Angeles National Forest 2007
Advisor to the Wildlife Waystation Board of Directors and Executive Director on fund raising, liability issues, budget, operations, management, government relations, and strategic relocation planning.
FILML.A. INC/ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
1995 - 2007
Senior Vice President, Operations 2004 – 2007
• Accountable for the day to day operations, budget ($5,000,000), growth, training and development of five customer service oriented departments, with oversight of five managers and sixty five employees
• Created and implemented a Property Management Division which facilitates filming at L.A. Unified School
District (LAUSD), Angeles National Forest and US Army Corps of Engineer properties
• Responsible for compliance on multiple City, County, LAUSD and Federal contracts
• Directed multiple vendors and consultants in the creation of an online permit application, payment and
delivery system, including a GIS mapping component
• Responsible for fostering and encouraging cooperative, proactive relationships with elected officials,
government departments and communities to encourage filming and resolve complaints and objections
• Functioned as an ombudsman for the entertainment industry with various municipalities and public/private agencies in the Southern California area.
Senior Vice President, Facilities and Production Services
2001 - 2004
• Responsible for the oversight, management, marketing and promotion of filming at a one million square foot
EIDC leased jail and office facility
• Supervised grant writing and submissions for environmental abatement and historic restoration of the facility
• Developed community outreach programs to promote local businesses and civic organizations
• Directed the publishing and distributing EIDC’s “Location Scouting Handbook,” and the development and maintenance of a comprehensive digital location photo library.
Vice President, Operations
1995 - 2001
• Launched and assembled the Operations Division of EIDC
• Responsible for managing, administering and coordinating all aspects of on location filming in the City and County of Los Angeles
• Created and developed the permit delivery, neighborhood filming notification and location monitoring programs.
Bachelor of Arts, English Literature
City College of New York; New York, NY
Member Downtown Los Angeles Neighborhood Council 2006
Member Downtown Los Angeles Traffic and Parking Management Task Force 2006
Member Lincoln Heights Chamber of Commerce 2003
• Extensive management, community relations, operations, budget, project management and government relations experience
• Budgeting and finance expertise
• Training, performance evaluation, and personnel policy experience
• Computer system and software development expertise, including GIS mapping
• Development and administration of effective community relations programs
• Well versed in Power Point and making presentations
• Able to skillfully interact with press, radio, and television reporters
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Public relations and extensive crisis
• Strategic and business planning proficiency
• Thorough understanding of
governmental policies, procedures
and contract compliance issues.
CTEC Registered Tax Preparer (CRTP) 2011
Series 7 Securities License 1987
Commendation, City of Los Angeles Ninth Council District 2003
In recognition of effective filming coordination efforts in Downtown Los Angeles
Commendation, City of Los Angeles Board of Public Works 1996
In recognition of streamlining City and County permit operations into EIDC
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.