Project Structural Engineer Resume
|Desired Industry: Engineering
|Desired Job Location: Seattle, Washington
||Date Posted: 8/1/2011
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||U.S. Work Authorization:
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel:
|Highest Degree Attained:
||Willing to Relocate:
Senior Engineer, ThorntonTomasetti, Kansas City, Missouri, USA, Jul 2007- Dec 2010.
- Casino Monticello Complex – Chile.
Provided post-earthquake structural evaluation of buildings following the magnitude 8.8 earthquake on February 27, 2010. Provided thorough assessment on structural condition of 100 meter diameter dome roof structure. Identified damage of representative components of the roof and performed 3-D structural analysis to check roof structure design relative to code requirements.
- Basrah Sports City Main Stadium – Iraq.
Performed structural analysis and design of main stadium reinforced concrete seating bowl and internal peer review of stadium steel roof structural design. The main stadium is a multilevel structure that measures 2.5-million-total-gross-square-feet and is comprised of 65,000 seats.
- University of Virginia’s College at Wise Multipurpose Arena.
Performed structural analysis and design of new multipurpose arena. The basketball arena is a 3,000 seat facility that converts to a practice facility with three regulation-sized basketball courts.
- CONSOL Energy Center (home of the Pittsburgh Penguins).
Carried out structural design tasks, floor vibration analysis, and construction administration tasks of the $220 million, 18,000 seat, 710,000-square-foot state-of-the-art ice hockey arena.
- Kauffman Stadium Renovation and Improvements (home of the Kansas City Royals).
Carried out structural design tasks for the $250 million renovation completed before the start of the 2009 season. Stadium expansions and additions were incorporated utilizing fast-track construction.
- Kauffman Stadium Condition Assessment and Repairs (home of the Kansas City Royals).
Provided structural investigation services including detailed examinations and surveys of the stadium. Completed a comprehensive condition assessment with repair construction documents.
Graduate Research/Teaching Assistant, University of Kansas, Aug 2001- Jul 2007.
- Conducted studies in special concentrically braced frames. Performed computational analysis to verify effectiveness of retrofit procedure to prevent cracking of welded steel bridge girders.
- Presented structural design lectures on a weekly basis, frequently taking full responsibility of class.
Co-op/Structural Engineer, Burns & McDonnell, Kansas City, Missouri, USA, Jan-Jul 2001.
Held direct responsibility for design of foundations, including vertical vessel and heat exchanger foundations, in addition to the design of rectangular spread footings for a 6-story building.
Ph.D in Civil Engineering (2008). The University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS.
M.S. in Civil Engineering (2002). The University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS.
B.S. in Civil Engineering (1999). Universidad de Carabobo, Valencia, Venezuela.
- Outstanding Graduate Teaching Assistant Award, The University of Kansas, 2006.
(first engineer in more than two decades to be recognized with this award)
- Teaching Excellence Award, CEAE Department, The University of Kansas, 2006.
- Graduate School Scholarship, CEAE Department, The University of Kansas, 2005.
- Attained Civil Engineering Class Highest GPA at Universidad de Carabobo, 1999.
- Outstanding Student Award, School of Engineering, Universidad de Carabobo, 1995.
- Skilled in structural computer programs including SAP 2000, RISA, pca, Enercalc,Descon, RAM-Steel, finite element analysis program ABAQUS and BIM Revit Structure.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Designed and verified experimentally and computationally the behavior of structural ductile fuses for concentrically braced steel frames.
- Good contract negotiation skills and successful interaction with clients from diverse cultures, professions, and socioeconomic levels.
QUALIFICATIONS PROFILE STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING: Related qualifying skills include:
- Analysis, design and testing of structures.
- Forensic investigation and repair of existing structures.
- Hands-on experience with post-earthquake structural evaluation of buildings.
- Presenter at the 14th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Beijing – China.
- Property loss consulting, cause and origin, and risk assessment.
- Multi-story building construction, employee management and task delegation.
PRESENTATIONS & REPORTS
- Retail Building Roof Post-Earthquake Structural Evaluation – Casino Monticello – Chile, 2010.
Prepared for Chartis C/O Crawford & Company (SA) (Pty) Ltd.
- 14th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Beijing – China, 2008.
Presented paper on Fuse Elements for Special Concentrically Braced Frames.
- Kauffman Stadium Condition Assessment and Repairs, Kansas City, Missouri, USA, 2007.
- Post Retrofit Analysis of the Tuttle Creek Bridge, 2007.
- Reduced Brace Section (RXS) Proof of Concept: Phase1A and Phase 1B, 2005-2006.
- Vargas-Venezuela Mudslide tragedy relief volunteer work (1999). Estimated death toll of 10,000-30,000, with more than 8,000 residences and 700 apartment buildings destroyed.
- Universidad de Carabobo Rugby Team Community Service Initiative (1998-1999). Coached disadvantaged youth from nearby shantytowns, boosting their sports performance while developing their character.
- Community outreach activities (2008-2010). Promoted fund raising activities at work and coordinated donations to other organizations that reach out to those in need.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.