Construction Superintendent Resume
|Desired Industry: Building Trades/Construction
|Desired Job Location: Boca Raton, Florida
||Date Posted: 7/14/2011
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 7/14/2011
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: Yes, More Than 75%
|Highest Degree Attained: High School/Equivalent
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
Highly motivated, practical and versatile Construction Superintendent with more than 26 years in the
Commercial Construction Industry. With 10 years experience as a Superintendent for Tilt Wall / Concrete
Subcontractors and 7 years experience as a Superintendent for Design Build / General Contractors. Ability to
effectively manage commercial construction projects from ground up to turn over, maintain productive working
relationships with clients, subcontractors, vendors and fellow team members. Excellent interpretation, communication and computer skills to adhere to job required documentations such as; conducting meetings, daily logs, as-built drawings and subcontractor’s scope of work. An uncompromising commitment to the successful job completion as per plans and specifications, safety, on or ahead of schedule and on budget.
Superintendent 2009 to 2010
Piedmont Construction Group, Macon, GA - Manage and schedule subcontractors; maintain schedule and
budget; assure all work is to plans and specifications; jobsite safety; conduct weekly meetings with
subcontractors, Architect and Owners; schedule inspections; daily reports; maintain as-built drawings;
communication with Project Manager regarding schedule; RFI's, deficiencies and pay applications.
Superintendent 2003 to 2009
Choate Construction Company, Atlanta, GA - Concrete Division (2003 - 2006): In charge of all field operations
for this division; scheduling subcontractors, suppliers and crews; assist in bidding new work; daily reports and logs; job safety; maintain schedule and budget; assure all work is to plans and specifications.
Base Building Division (2006 - 2009): Manage and schedule subcontractors; maintain schedule and budget;
assure all work is to plans and specifications; jobsite safety; conduct weekly subcontractor meetings; monthly
meetings with Architect and Owners; daily reports and logs; resolve issues in the field; schedule inspections;
maintain as-built drawings; communications with Project Manager regarding schedule, RFI's, deficiencies, and
Superintendent 1999 to 2003
Southeastern Tilt, Atlanta, GA - Manage and schedule subcontractors, suppliers, and crew for a tilt wall /
concrete subcontractor providing complete concrete packages; assure all work is to plans and specifications;
maintain schedule and budget; job safety; daily reports and logs; represent company at weekly subcontractor
meetings; time sheets; per diem and travel expenses.
Superintendent 1997 to 1999
Encore Concrete, Cartersville, GA
Superintendent 1993 to 1997
J.A. Martin Concrete, Kennesaw, GA
North Cobb High School, Acworth, GA
General Studies 1983
UT Chattanooga, Chattanooga, TN - 36 course hours completed
Civil Engineering 1989
Va. Western, Roanoke, VA - more than 70 course hours completed
2011 – OSHA 30 Hour 2009 – Level 1A Erosion Control 2004 – Forklift (Class 7)
2011 – CPR & AED 2004 – OSHA 10 Hour
2011 – First Aid 2004 – Respirator Training
• Troubleshooting - Find and identify deficiencies in plans and work with Architects, Structural Engineers and Civil Engineers to efficiently make corrections prior to scheduled activity without compromising the project schedule.
• Concrete Mix Design - Worked together with Structural Engineer and Quality Control personnel with concrete suppliers to daily “adjust” concrete mix design to accommodate for winter weather patterns and needed set times to maintain pour schedule on Parc @ Buckhead, a 20 story (post tension concrete) high rise that topped out 2 weeks ahead of schedule.
• Administered changes to Choate Construction's Concrete Division, changed crew sizes and personnel to
efficiently manage 5 different crews with just one Superintendent. Resulting in the ability to work more
projects while increasing budget savings 5% to 20%.
• While with Southeastern Tilt; devised a course of action to place and finish 79000 sq.ft. of floor slab in one pour on the Northmont #200 project, allowing a 2 week procurement on the project schedule; implemented new erection techniques for tilt wall facial panels that resulted in a 5 week procurement on the Shawnee Ridge B-3 schedule and an additional 10,000+ dollars in budget savings.
• Constructed over 4,000,000 sq. ft. of various types of buildings; warehouses, retail, industrial, educational,
religious, food processing, office and high rise.
• Concrete construction knowledge; ability to install super flat floors per ACI 302.1R, Tilt Wall and Precast, post tension, foundations and forming.
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.