All positions related to construction Resume
|Desired Industry: Building Trades/Construction
|Desired Job Location: Silver Spring, Maryland
||Date Posted: 5/27/2011
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: Any time
|Desired Wage: 60000
||U.S. Work Authorization: No
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained: Masters
||Willing to Relocate: Undecided
To join a part of an organization as a project manager or any suitable position,utilizing prior experience and currently earned project management expertise & competence in executing all phases of unique and challenging projects in fast- paced context towards the company’s growth.
THE GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY POLICE DEPARTMENT USA, Washington, DC
Community Service Aide October 2009 – May 2011
• Assisting university police department in front desk of dormitories, academic center and administrative office.
TAMILNADU POLICE HOUSING CORPORATION LIMITED - (www.tnphc.com) INDIA, Chennai
Project Engineer July 1995 – August 2009
The TNPHCL is an ISO 9001-2000 quasi state government construction company, known for its expertise in construction of residential, non-residential and special type buildings to police personnel’s since 1981.
• Excellent strategic planning and relevant project management skills.
• Feasibility reports and other preliminary documents were collected, analyzed, evaluated through “Project Portfolio Management” methods and processes to select right or potential projects which were contributed to the organization’s wealth and health.
• Prepared preliminary estimate or rough cost estimate utilizing analogous estimation method (Based on government plinth area rates & schedule of rates) and obtained administrative approval from senior management which includes liaising to other government departments.
• Effectively managed multiple simultaneous projects. Expertise in applying appropriate knowledge of specialized methodologies, techniques, principles, and processes. Developed project initiation document (PID) for more than 500 projects over 15years.
• Analyzed, quantity take-off and prepared detailed itemized estimates (time, cost, materials, and labor) based on final plans or blueprints, specifications and other construction documents through bottom-up estimation method and customized estimating software.
• Reviewed data to determine material and labor requirements and prepares itemized lists which includes bar bending schedule and cement adequacy statement.
• Prepared detailed information to contractors clearly defining the scope of work to facilitate comprehensive and accurate bid packages.
• Prepared bid packages, selected vendors or contractors, and determined cost effectiveness.
• Reviewed contractor documents such as insurance, solvency, experience and contractor registration certificates before issue of bid packages.
• Analyzed and evaluated contractor’s bids based on price, quality, selection, service, support, etc. Solicits bid proposals.
• Called for negotiation and executed project charter or agreement. Developed excellent working relationships with General Contractors, collaborating closely throughout the bid process, resulting in long-term business relationships.
• Involved in and contributed to the successful completion and maintenance of the triple constraints for more than 5000nos. of police residences in diverse categories throughout all projects phases and many ad-hoc projects.
• Administered contractual, commercial and scheduling issues and determined requirements to ensure compliance with the project specifications. Interfaced with other departments in all project related activities.
• Professional presentation of projects to team members and executed change orders.
• Earned value management using MS project 2007 software. Determined and anticipated significant deviation from the approved planned schedule as well as critical milestones.
• Prepared quantity take-off for budget preparation.
• Prepared of monthly invoice of contract and item rate based valuation.
• Prepared and updated actual Progress versus planned schedule, using Microsoft project 2007.
• Well maintained track of projects as per planning schedule and coordinate with higher management. Prepared weekly and monthly project progress reports in both tabular and graphical form.
• Prepare bills of various quantities on a monthly basis.
• Prepared contracts evaluation statement & contractual claims.
• Developed cash flow statements & labor productivity reports.
• Entered the history of projects in MIS (Management Information System) database for future reference.
• Prepared handed over report to client/user department.
Please see an appendix for “Summary of recent major/prestigious ad-hoc and regular projects handled”
TAMILNADU POLICE HOUSING CORPORATION LIMITED - (www.tnphc.com) INDIA, Chennai
System Administration/IT June 2005 – August 2009
• Managed and Installed Microsoft operating system, application software, and firewalls
• Administrated and monitored LAN &WAN issues, system & server issues, active directory, DNS, DHCP, Printer Sharing, Client-Server Management and successfully managed backups, website updates and TNPHCL electronic assets.
• Coordinated and assisted the outsourced software consultants during design, development and implementation phases of customized software (TNPHC Project systems software) for the technical works including the following:
Development of rough cost estimate module.
Development of estimate module
Work in Progress module and
Prepared bills and estimates through customized software (TNPHC Project system)
• Facilitated motivation and training of fifty numbers of TNPHCL employees on customized estimate software (Camp-ex). Also prepared detailed estimate utilizing the customized software.
• Coordinated and assisted in the development of customized Mail track software used to scan, track and follow-up day today internal and external mail correspondence.
• Participated in many infra-structure development projects and in-house system development for monitoring and controlling of all ongoing projects.
PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT(Buildings) INDIA, Chennai
Site Engineer January1989- April 1995
The PWD is a state government organization formed to accomplish the Tamil Nadu state public and government buildings projects.
• Set out, leveled and surveyed sites.
• Checked plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations.
• Oversaw the selection and requisition and costing of materials and plants for use in the construction.
• Performed measurements of quantities and volumes for agreeing and producing accounts.
• Managed site teams, sub contractors and payment.
• Acted as safety engineer on projects in rotation with other site engineers.
THE GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY, School of Business USA, Washington, DC
Master of science in Project Management (MSPM) – GPA -3.90 May 2011
(Member of Beta Gamma Sigma- High Scholastic Achievement )
THE UNIVERSITY OF MADRAS, Dept. of Computer Science INDIA, Chennai
Master of Information Technology (M Sc. IT) - First Class June 2007
THE INSTITUTION OF ENGINEERS (INDIA), Dept. of Civil Engineering INDIA, Kolkata
Bachelor of Engineering (BE/AMIE)- First Class June 2007
THE UNIVERSITY OF MADRAS, Dept. of Business Administration INDIA, Chennai
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)- First Class June 2003
THE WOMEN’S POLYTECHNIC, Dept. of Civil Engineering INDIA, Chennai
Diploma in Civil Engineering (DCE) –Distinction June 1988
• Software Programs: MS Project 2007, Primavera 6.1, Primavera Risk Analysis (Monte Carlo Simulation),Expert
Choice Desktop(PPM SW), XL Miner (Data mining),STAT Tools (Palisade) VB, AutoCAD Design, CAMP-EX &
Microsoft Office Suite
• OS and Hardware: Windows 2000 Server, XP/Vista, Cisco Router, LAN/WAN
• Database system : MYSQL and DBMS (Data Base Management System)
• Designed and Developed a Pay Roll System for the graduate level IT department, The University of Madras.
• Attended training on “Project Formulation and Cost Estimation” conducted by Construction Industry Development Council, New Delhi.
• Certified Reliability Professional conducted by STQC, Center for Reliability, Government of India, and Chennai and obtained A+ grade.
• Project Management Professional Training conducted by PM Pulse, Hyderabad.
• Attended effective “Project Scheduling using MS Office Project” conducted by PMP.
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.