Mechanical Design Engineer Resume
|Desired Industry: Engineering
|Desired Job Location: Ridgefield, Washington
||Date Posted: 5/18/2011
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: Immediatley
|Desired Wage: 80000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel:
|Highest Degree Attained: Other
||Willing to Relocate: No
Remarkably astute, tenacious, diligent,
and highly analytical professional,
powered with comprehensive work
experience and proven accomplishments in
all aspects of design engineering,
mechanical operations, technical
troubleshooting and 27 years of CAD
expertise. Armed with extensive
background in production operations,
process development, equipment repair,
and maintenance. Interested in pursuing
a position within an expansive
organization to effectively utilize
skills, knowledge, and expertise honed
through practical years of work
experience in designing machinery. Adept
at operating and maintaining computer
workstations, such as installation of
operating system and software.
NORPAC | Longview, WA
Mechanical Designer/Engineer ~ 1979–2010
- Served as primary point of
contact in repairing and operating
existing pieces of equipment.
- Provided trouble shooting and
design improvements on all three paper
- Supervised fabrication and
installation while performing diverse
tasks, such as invention, design, and
drawings for the shop.
- Spearheaded the composite double
nozzle wet end trim squirts with
Temposonics feedback for #1, #2, and #3
PM, including installation.
- Proficiently handled the design
of the triple nozzle wet end trim
- Designed the center roll
threading device for #1 & #2 PM.
- Managed the fabrication of axle
and components for the parent roll cart
that runs between #1 and #3 PM.
- Led the design and automation of
Paper Roll Guillotine System.
- Rendered assistance in trouble
shooting while providing design
improvements on all three paper
- Efficiently designed,
fabricated, and completed numerous
machines at NORPAC, resulting in
significant improvement of safety and
production operations in the entire
areas of the mill.
- Demonstrated proficiency in
designing and fabricating the following:
- Robotic core injection system
for #2 winder
- Core pushers for the front side
of #1 & #2 winders
- Flat belt drive for top calendar
roll on #1 stack
- Reel tach for #1 PM
- Reel spool starters for #1 & #2
- Dual reel spool brakes on both
#1 & #2 PM
- #3 PM dry end reel slitters
- Created and developed the
Mechanical design of the multi-million
dollar Robotic core injection system for
- Significantly improved
operations efficiency and safety in
moving 30-ton reels of paper through
mechanization of the parent roll cart.
- Received patents in the United
States and Canada by developing and
designing a core capping machine.
MESK INC.| Longview, WA
Design Engineering, Fabrication
- Managed and coordinated computer
system maintenance as well as the
installation of operating system and
overall pertinent software, including
- Designed and coordinated the
automation of core notchers and cappers.
- Planned, originated, and
constructed the electronic measuring
devices of 100" - accuracy +/- .002"
- Functioned as Senior Maintenance
Tech shifter; utilized and leveraged
mechanical expertise in roll grinder
throughout more than two years of
ABITIBI PAPER CORP.| Augusta, GA
Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician
- Worked productively as shift
mechanic on Paper Machine, Ground Wood
Mill, and Wood Yard departments.
- Contributed expertise in the
maintenance of mechanical, electrical,
and refrigeration systems.
RIVERSIDE MILLS| Augusta, GA
Maintenance Technician, Machinist,
Purchasing assistant, Machine Shop,
- Worked in the Maintenance
Department; performed responsibilities,
such as running gear cutters, lathes,
and milling machines.
- Completed required training
hours and acquired Welding
Certification, Stick, Tig, and Mig,
COURSEWORK IN DRAFTING AND DESIGN
CAD Expertise: SolidWorks, SolidEdge,
AutoCAD, MicroStation, and Varios ProE
- Augusta Technical College | Augusta,
2-YEAR PROGRAM FOR ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN
- Lower Columbia College | Longview, WA
- Manufacture Overhaul and Repair
- Site Safety and Quality
- Mechanical Needs Assessments
- Installation and Fabrication
- Equipment and Machinery
- Engineering Principles and
- Technical Support and
- Rapid Conflict Resolution
Golden Mouse Award, 2nd Place using
SolidEdge | Category|Mechanical
Designer|International IGUG, Computer
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.