|Desired Industry: Publishing
|Desired Job Location: Horsham, Pennsylvania
||Date Posted: 5/17/2011
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: immediate
|Desired Wage: $55,000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained: Other
||Willing to Relocate: No
Administrator with extensive and varied experience organizing events, managing departments, editing publications and maintaining high performance standards in fast-paced environments. Strong communication skills, able to interface effectively with all levels in an organization. Led strategic planning, innovated new best practices to enhance effectiveness of the organization, hired and mentored professionals. Skilled in Web development, Microsoft Office Suite and database management systems.
TEMPLETON PRESS, West Conshohocken, PA 1999-2010
Associate Publisher (2007-2010)
Provided leadership, supervision and mentoring to a professional staff. Directed website development for small and large-scale projects. Managed the daily operations of the publishing program including acquisitions, production, marketing, foreign rights, and distribution in the United States and overseas. Set strategic vision for the organization and led team to some of the most successful years in the history of the press. Re-designed promotions and marketing/public relations department. Reviewed contracts; provided financial management analysis; and developed and directed annual budgeting and planning process. Planned product launches from creation to execution.
• Increased annual sales by 39% within one year by implementing new marketing strategies.
• Emphasized development of a consistent communication culture and employed a bottom-up leadership style to improve staff creativity and motivation.
• Led a team-driven project management approach, empowering staff in areas of production, editorial, and marketing. New approach significantly improved productivity, as noted by the board and senior management.
• Cultivated relationships with noted authors and scholars, partnering with them in the development of new book projects.
Acquisitions/Managing Editor (1999-2007)
Managed editorial department. Produced more than eighty academic and trade books. Evaluated manuscripts and developed new book projects with authors. Negotiated author contract terms and reviewed other office contracts. Recruited and oversaw freelancers used in the editorial process. Edited and proofread marketing materials. Analyzed and approved author royalty statements and cost analysis reports. Organized and co-chaired the annual editorial advisory committee. Acquired and sold books at trade and scholarly meetings.
• Implemented schedules and deadlines for books. Communicated status of books through weekly production, marketing and acquisitions meetings with other departments.
• Collaborated with four Scottish universities to develop the first single repository of the entire works of the Gifford Lectures, from the nineteenth century through the present, including author biographies and summaries of lectures.
• Negotiated with publishers of those lectures not in public domain to find a way to post the content of the lectures.
TRINITY PRESS INTERNATIONAL, Valley Forge, PA 1990-1999
Oversaw the day-to-day operations of the press. Managed various stages of the production process for thirty academic books published per year, including copy editing, proofreading, cover and interior design and all other functions simultaneously, ensuring that books were published on time. Scheduled, supervised and followed to completion: catalog development, sales exhibits, advertising and promotion plans, royalties, accounts payable. Directed the customer service function. Attended trade shows to recruit potential authors for the Press.
AS, Administration, Bay Path College, Longmeadow, MA
• Event Planning
• Vendor Management
• Organizational Newsletters
• Contract Negotiation
• Cost Analysis
• Promotions & Marketing
• Financial Management
• Production Management
• International Sales Exhibits
• Database Management
• Grant Administration
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.