|Desired Industry: Engineering
|Desired Job Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
||Date Posted: 4/19/2011
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 05/02/2011
|Desired Wage: 65000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 25-50%
|Highest Degree Attained: Other
||Willing to Relocate: Undecided
Seek technical position that requires independent technical analysis, technical writing, Visual Basic Application programming, and networking experience. I am looking for permanent position of up to two years, but willing to negotiate a 6 months contract job.
2006–2010 - Kwajalein Range Services (KRS) Huntsville, AL
Mission Planner - DoD secret security clearance – inactive as of 8 September 2010
* Wrote Universal Documentation System (UDS) documents in response to customer missile program requirements.
* Developed Visual Basic Application macros in Word and Excel.
* Developed presentations and briefing for management and customers.
* Wrote the Mission Planning Training Manual.
* Provided six sigma process flow charts for the Mission Planning Dept.
2005–2006 - Kwajalein Range Services Overseas: Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
* One year contract managing 25 technicians operating & maintaining optical tracking systems and photo lab.
1982–2004 - Storage Technology – worked in Salt Lake City, UT (12 yrs); Portland, OR (2 yrs); Tampa, FL (8 yrs)
Customer Service Engineer, Network
* Managed, planned, installed, and configured storage networks
* Installed & serviced disk arrays, tape libraries, tape drives, and storage systems.
* Managed equipment configuration for engineering changes applicable to hardware, firmware and software.
* Tested and report findings of changes to technical support engineers.
* Managed Fibre Channel switches, IP routers, and mainframe devices.
* Supported network equipment requiring the knowledge of UNIX, Windows, and MVS.
* Installed, maintained and repaired network equipment utilizing microwave, T1 and T3 communications equipment.
* High School GED
* Imperial Jr. College (14 credits)
* Salt Lake Community College (8 credits)
* University of Hawaii (7 credits)
* BYU (2 credits)
* Programming: Visual Studio, Visual Basic, C, and PC Assembly language.
* iGrafx and Visio – Six sigma work flow process charting.
* Storage Technology Training: Tape libraries, tape drives, and disk systems.
* Network Systems Training: TCP/IP, Routers, Fibre Channel Switches, Hubs and Bridges.
* HP, Sun, and IBM RS6000 computer repair training using UNIX, Solaris and AIX.
* L & S band radars, Operations and Maintenance (electronics and radar training - 1260 hours).
The last four years, my primary functions were to analyze and respond to customers’ technical and logistical requirements in support of missile programs at the Ronald Reagan Ballistic Missile Defense Test Site, US Army Kwajalein Atoll. The Mission Planner duties are similar to a technical writer. However, during this period, I developed several significant programs using Word Visual Basic Application (VBA) and Excel VBA.
As Mission Planner, I developed training manuals, departmental procedures, and six sigma work flow process diagrams. The VBA programs were developed because of the six sigma evaluation of document development and cost estimation procedures. Additionally, management required very specific labor data extracted from a Microsoft Access database.
I developed several VBA programs to enhance and streamline various routine time-consuming operations. As example, the initial addition of standard boiler plate to UDS documents would take several days. Using MS Word VBA macros enabled users to create the same document within hours. Using this method reduced errors and offered users one location to update or customize page entries.
During this period, I wrote Microsoft Excel VBA macros to enhance the cost estimating process which standardized the cost formulas and related notations.
Management had some very specific requirements for the labor reports and the calculations required for the labor report were not easily created in Access. So the solution was to use the raw Access data and export it to Excel. Then use VBA macros to create the labor report. Pivot charts were created from the computed data per management specification.
22 years, served as Customer Service Engineer, Network. During a three year period, I was assigned as Account Manager for Verizon. During this assignment, I reduced their Premium User network outages from 3,500 terminal hours to 15 hours the first year, to 4 hours the second, and no hours the third. This accomplishment resulted in the 120 customer employees collecting their Management Achievement Bonus, with STK collecting an added $350,000.00 each year, over and above the $3M annual maintenance revenue.
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.