|Desired Industry: Accounting/Bookkeeping
|Desired Job Location: River Falls, Wisconsin
||Date Posted: 3/17/2011
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: Immediately
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained: High School/Equivalent
||Willing to Relocate: No
Organized, motivated, and energetic business professional with extensive experience leading company initiatives. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, with a reputation of producing high quality work. A strong history of achieving timely results and developing effective relationships across company lines and at all organizational levels. Areas of expertise include:
* Retirement Plan Management
* Financial Services
* Project Management
* Federal Regulations
2000 - 2008
Diversified financial services with $609 billion in assets; one of the leading retirement plan providers for companies nationwide.
Senior Compliance Specialist
Managed all facets of defined contribution retirement plans including administration, data analysis, reporting, and communications.
* Completed annual discrimination testing, mid year discrimination testing, allocations, Qualified Domestic Relations Orders, and late remittance calculations, meeting all internal and federal deadlines
* Coordinated appropriate testing of plans to ensure compliance with IRS, ERISA, and DOL regulations and plan qualification
* Considered subject matter expert in allocations and late remittances for both internal and external clients
* Initiated and built positive working relationships across departmental lines, resulting in improved morale, clearer communication, and better utilization of resources
* Developed and presented a new training program on required procedures for internal clients
Dave Lindberg Construction
1985 - 2010
Privately owned construction firm serving Minnesota and Western Wisconsin
Responsible for start up of new business and day to day activities involved in business.
* Maintained payroll for employees
* Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
* Reconciled monthly statements and prepared tax information Securian (formerly Minnesota Life)
St. Paul, MN
One of the strongest life insurers in the United States, managing over $29 billion in assets.
Financial Operations Supervisor (1998-2000)
Supervised a unit of 8-10 associates within retirement plan services to ensure that all retirement plans were administered accurately and promptly
* Managed unit workload to ensure service and quality standards were met and activity was processed in accordance with plan provisions and regulatory guidelines
* Developed processes and procedures to ensure effective management of retirement plans
* Proven team building skills and team motivation, resulting in associates desire to meet or exceed departmental goals.
* Applied strong decision making skills which achieved timely results and developed effective relationships across company lines and at all organizational levels
* Provided training, performance evaluations, and coaching
Senior Allocated Contract Technician (1993-1996)
Allocated Contract Specialist (1996-1998)
Administered the company profit sharing and IRA contracts. Managed the administration of assigned allocated contracts.
* Performed complex transactions for allocated contracts
* Tested system enhancements
* Reconciled system mismatches
* Coordinated production needs with activity of other units
* Researched, recommended, and implemented changes in procedures resulting in increased efficiency and accuracy
* Identified and coordinated projects
Attending National American University, Bloomington, MN, to obtain AAS in Accounting
Proficient in all Microsoft Office Products
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.