Executive Director Resume
|Desired Industry: Social Services
|Desired Job Location: san diego, California
||Date Posted: 3/9/2011
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 3/9/2011
|Desired Wage: 100,000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 50-75%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
Business leader in the non-profit, private, and public sector. Recognized human rights and diversity champion. Experienced event-marketing professional and large-scale event producer with 25+ years of experience in strategic planning, operations, financial management, idea generation, and execution.
Executive Vice President – Palm Springs Pride Current
Revive the organization’s connection with community by creating new experiences while raising awareness for LGBT equality and celebrating diversity. Lead successful turnaround from a three-year financial loss to establishing a $120,000 surplus in 2010.
• Manage sponsorship acquisition and fulfillment.
• Day-to-day non-profit organization management.
• Event planning and production.
• Creative design.
• Public Relations.
Executive Director - San Diego LGBT Pride 2005 – 2010
Visionary leader and strategist for one of the largest equal rights pride organizations in the United States. Provided overall direction for the organization focusing on operations, marketing, finance and fundraising. Developed new and diverse sources of revenue, raised the visibility of the organization, and served as a leader and advocate for the LGBT civil rights movement.
• Provided leadership and management for $1.5 million non-profit human rights organization generating $30-40 million annually for direct economic impact on the San Diego region.
• Grew organization’s revenue 90% over four years and exceeded annual plan goals from 2007 to 2010.
• Increased sponsorship revenue by 65% and initiated new fundraising campaigns.
• Re-established organization’s positive image in community.
• Produced the largest event in San Diego televised to 1 million households with over 200,000 participants.
• Executed all event management elements for parade, two-day festival with multiple stages, 90 live bands and performers, 350 vendors, and 40,000 attendees.
CEO - deHarte Group San Diego 2003 – 2006
Directed management solutions consultant firm specializing in non-profit community enhancement programs, operations, event production, equal rights advocacy, and artist representation.
• Successfully transformed Bravo San Diego performing arts event into a non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization. Provided organizational management, oversaw board relations, sponsorship development, and event management 2004 – 2006.
• Providing customer acquisition and marketing support to Frontera Investment, a financial services brand servicing the alternative financial services market.
• Represented Eugene Quesada, prominent Latin American artist.
• Creative strategy helped ElderHelp of San Diego win a substantial pro-bono advertising contract.
Senior Vice President Marketing and Communication - PriceSmart, Inc. 1998 - 2003
Responsible for creating and directing marketing programs for publicly traded international warehouse club retailer expansion from operations in two locations in one country with sales of $48 million, to operations with annual sales of $650 million in 31 locations, 12 countries and two US territories. Managed the company’s United States business units, including a $90 million domestic travel business and a $7.5 million auto referral business.
• Directly responsible for growth in membership from 50,000 to 760,000: an industry record.
• Managed 60 marketing and affinity employees worldwide.
• Drove sales of $650 million. Coordinated all strategic marketing partners in Central America, Philippines, Guam, Caribbean, Mexico, and the United States.
• Created market entry and customer acquisition programs for the opening of 29 international locations resulting in record breaking member sales.
Executive Vice President and COO - Greater San Diego Chamber of Commerce 1995 – 1998
Managed operations for 4,000-member regional business association with an annual budget of $7 million and produced INSIGHTS, the Chamber’s annual high profile $1.7 million international symposium.
• Increased operating revenue by 43%.
• Implemented an eight-quarter business plan resulting in a substantial increase in membership and revenue.
• Orchestrated a cultural shift to a team-based management structure increasing production and staff morale.
• Increased attendance for INSIGHTS Symposium from 2,800 to 4,800.
• Increased INSIGHTS Sponsorship revenue from $258,000 to $649,000.
• Booked international leaders including Thatcher, Kissinger, Sadat, Rabin, Carter, Gorbachev, Powell as well as premier talents such as Lilly Tomlin, Maya Angelou, George H. Bush, Carl Sagen and Larry King.
Manager Publicity and Promotion - Cinamerica Theatres 1987 – 1995
Developed marketing and advertising programs in eight western states for a subsidiary of Paramount Pictures and Warner Brothers, Cinamerica Theatres, L.P., headquartered in Los Angeles (formerly Mann Theatres).
• Developed industry recognized public relations events and marketing programs for theatrical movie openings.
• Created brand awareness and identified and managed strategic marketing and operational partnerships.
• Increased food and beverage sales by creating and implementing merchandising programs.
BA, Speech Communications, California State University, Northridge, California, 1992
AA, Speech Communications, Glendale (AZ) Community College
Advertising Design Certificate from the Al Collins Graphic Design School in Phoenix, AZ.
• Senior level non-profit management and operations
• Large-scale multi-venue event production
• Diversity and civil rights advocacy
• Strategic planning and implementation
• Budget development and monitoring
• Sponsorship and fundraising
• Media and public relations
• Lemon Grove Pride Celebration Emcee and Committee member 2010
• Volunteer Captain National Multiple Sclerosis Society Walk 2010
• Production Team Volunteer, Phoenix Pride 2010-2011
• Member, Harvey Milk Diversity Breakfast Committee 2009
• Member, Senior Housing Committee, The San Diego LGBT Center 2008-2009
• Member, San Diego Police Chief’s LGBT Advisory Committee 2006-2009
• Volunteer Palm Springs Pride 2006-2010
• Member of the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America Hope for the Children Annual Gala committee 2006
• San Diego LGBT Pride volunteer 2003 / 2005 – Children’s Garden
• Biked from Montreal, Canada to Portland, Main to raise funds for the CANADA AIDS Ride, 2001
• Master of Ceremonies at the San Diego World Trade Center 24th Annual Awards Gala, September 20, 2001
• Was one of three San Diegans to ride a bike from Fairbanks to Anchorage, Alaska in the Alaska AIDS Vaccine Ride to raise funds for vaccine research, August 2000
• Rode in the California AIDS Ride 7 in 2000 to raise funds for the Jeffrey Goodman Special Care Clinic and other HIV/AIDS-related services of the L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center
• Volunteer crewmember for the California AIDS Ride 6 in 1999
• City of Glendale, Arizona Cable Television Task Force
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.