|Desired Industry: Accounting/Bookkeeping
|Desired Job Location: San Diego, California
||Date Posted: 3/8/2011
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 03/01/2011
|Desired Wage: 52,000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: Undecided
To obtain a position with a stable organization that can effectively utilize my skills and past experience with a challenging position.
C & M Door and Trim, Inc. Spring Valley, CA
• Bank deposits, bank account reconciliations, credit card reconciliations.
• Accounts Payable (purchase orders to shippers to invoices) and check runs.
• Accounts Receivable (invoicing & collections).
• Weekly payroll prevailing and non-prevailing wage, wage garnishments, 401 (k) transfers, reimbursements, loans, etc. Federal and state employee tax deposits and returns. Prepared and issued 1099’s and W-2’s, maintained all personnel files. Conducted monthly safety meetings, maintained Safety Manual and Work Comp claims, prepared and submitted annual OSHA compliance. Supervised office and customer service personnel.
• Month end, quarter end and year end closings. Job Costing Analysis, Monthly Expense Variances, Balance Sheets, Profit & Loss Analysis. Property taxes, sales taxes and payroll taxes.
• Maintained compliance of all subcontractors for license, insurance and contracts.
• Inventory for tools, equipment and furniture.
• Filed Preliminary Lien Notices, Lien Waivers and if necessary Mechanic Liens & Stop Bonds..
• Annual bidding and awarding of Auto, Work Comp, GL & Health insurance. Annual audit of General Liability Insurance. Monthly reporting and annual audits of Workman’s Comp insurance.
• Corporation minuets and annual state required paperwork. Application and maintained business licenses for 10 cities.
• Reviewed bids and contracts for new work. Capable of downloading, reading plans, doing take-offs. Obtained new customer job contacts.
• Assisted President in obtaining lines of credit and loans. Obtained credit from new vendors and maintained existing vendors.
• Scheduled delivery of all materials to job sites, Ordered materials for installation on job sites.
• Equipment maintenance and agreements (computers, phones, copiers, fax and printers).
• Formulated several corporate sales fliers, booklets and signs for advertising as well as corporation web site.
• Organized annual Holiday Party and Summer BBQ. Maintained all files open and closed. Ordered all supplies for office. All outgoing correspondence. Opening and sorting incoming mail, phones.
KB Homes San Diego, CA
• Supervised, scheduled, inspected construction of single family homes in San Diego and Riverside counties.
• Supervise quality control and inspections of single family homes in San Diego County.
CUSTOMER SERVICE MGR.
• Assisted with quality control, performed all walk-through orientations, and evaluated service claims for all multifamily and single family homes in San Diego and Riverside counties.
• Accepted bids and let plans and specifications to subcontractors. Formulated contracts and their scopes of work, change orders and purchase orders for on-site construction, off-site construction and customer service.
Gibraltar Development Denver, CO
CONTROLLER / BROKER
• A/P, A/R, financial statements, review tax returns for five corporations, ten partnerships and 1040 for president, construction draws to lenders, verified completion of sub work for payment. Corporate minuets, records, sensitive and personal correspondence, HR for employees, insurance, profit sharing. RE Broker for all land and building transactions, reviewing closing documents and distributing funds. Obtaining bank funding for projects. Presentations to prospective buyers, lenders and prospective tenants.
• Created and assembled packages to take to lenders, schedule appointments and travel arrangements, correspondence as well as other various duties.
• Phones, filing, correspondence, other duties in and out of the office including personal errands for President.
Degree in Interior Design as Major but Minor was Accounting
RE Brokers License
Fast learner who enjoys a challenge. Ability to multitask in fast-paced environment while still rendering quality work. Team player with the ability to work independently. Strong Accounting background and natural ability. Analytical with problem solving skills. GL Experience and understanding of (GAAP).
Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to interact on all levels whether within the corporation, vendors and suppliers or customers.
Proficient in use of Quick Books Pro and Excel Spreadsheets. Highly capable in other Microsoft Office applications including Word, Outlook, Power Point, Access. Other Accounting software experience in JD Edwards and Timberline. Payroll experience using Quick Books, ADP and Paychex. Typing speed of 65+
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.