Bilingual Program Assistant Resume
|Desired Industry: Miscellaneous
|Desired Job Location: Denver, Colorado
||Date Posted: 3/3/2011
|Type of Position: Part-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: Immediately
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: No
|Highest Degree Attained: High School/Equivalent
||Willing to Relocate: No
Bilingual Program Assistant with six years experience working for non-profits and community service organizations, including Healthcare, Disability Legal Services, Senior Care and Program Administration, and Youth Education. Bilingual: Spanish and English with extensive interpretation/translation for clients of all ages. Strong advocacy for diverse populations and cultures, utilizing compassionate and calm character and professionalism. Proficient in MS Office Suite, research and database systems.
Interpreter, Spanish Translation Services
Institute on Aging, Community Living Fund, San Francisco, CA 2009 - 2011
• Provided language translation to senior citizens and young adults transitioning
from nursing homes or institutions, to living in the community, as part of
assessment and case management.
Program Assistant to Associate Director
On Lok Day Services / 30th Street Senior Center, San Francisco, CA 2009 - 2011
• Registered and conducted detail intake interviews to participants
• Supervised Senior Center’s 300 participants, enforced policies and procedures,
and conducted conflict resolution between seniors.
• Assisted Associate Director with internal and external communications. Managed
administration and maintenance of volunteer access database systems.
• Registered and scheduled all volunteer categories for all programs; trained and
evaluated progress in all areas of activities.
• Coordinated collection and processing of 145 time sheets, managed
court mandated programs, community service, and outside contracts.
• Assembled and completed monthly Volunteer Report including cost savings
for submittal to Accounting Department and Director.
• Translated written English materials into Spanish and produced bilingual format
meeting minutes for volunteers’ monthly meetings.
The Legal Center for People with Disabilities and Older People, Denver, CO 2007 -2009
• Served as first point of contact for all callers, email inquiries and walk-in visitors
on varied legal, consumer, and social issues.
• Conducted initial client intake and provided callers with information and referrals.
• Processed and completed all on-line publication orders; increased sales and
exposure of Legal Center’s publications by targeting new markets and created
reporting system to track on-line sales.
• Assisted Director of Development with updates and changes to donors’ database.
• Translated written materials and interpreted for client meetings.
• Updated computerized front desk referrals and resources database.
Bilingual Telephone Intake and Spanish/English Interpreter HEALTHCARE
National Jewish Medical and Research Center, Quitline Program, Denver, CO 2003 – 2005
Bilingual Client Intake and Admission
Denver Health and Hospitals, Colorado Indigent Care Program, Denver, CO 1998
Researcher / Data Processor / Customer Service FINANCE / INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Phillips Temps, Denver, CO 2005 – 2007
TIAA-CREF Data Acquisition Department; SUNGARD Software and Technology Services
Researcher / Data Processor
LIPPER / A Reuters Company - Leading Fund Intelligence, Denver, CO 2003
Corporate Accounts Sales Support / Bilingual Credit Review Desk TELECOMMUNICATIONS
Qwest Wireless, Denver, CO 2002
Office Assistant / Data Processor / Bilingual CSR CORPORATE
Robert Half International / Office Team Staffing Agency, New York, NY 2001
Native Language Tutor EDUCATION
Boulder Valley Public Schools / Centaurus High School, Lafayette, CO 1999
Completing B. A., Global Studies, University of Denver, University College, Denver, CO Present
Completed 46 credits towards B.A., International Studies, University of Colorado, Denver, CO
Completed 24 credits towards B.S. Business Administration, Fordham University, Bronx, NY
Completed 36 credits towards A.A.S. Business Administration, Community College of Denver,
Translation and Interpretation Training Workshop, University of Denver, Denver, CO
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.