Mechanical Engineer Resume
|Desired Industry: Engineering
|Desired Job Location: Ithaca, New York
||Date Posted: 1/4/2011
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
Innovative, dedicated Mechanical Engineer with experience in development, product and manufacturing engineering in the commercial, aerospace, and defense industries. Strong proficiency in the use of 3D CAD tools for the development of design concepts and product documentation that consistently meets all job requirements. Proven ability working in cross-functional engineering teams to diagnose and resolve design and production problems with creative problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
Senior Mechanical Engineer, Lockheed Martin, Owego, New York 2004–2009
- Acted as lead Mechanical Engineer on ESM Programs interfacing with Program Office, Procurement, Environmental, Manufacturing, Quality and Cost Engineering.
- Conferred with engineers to create a test fixture for vibrating Circuit Card Assemblies
- Assisted engineers in developing the structural design of products using CATIA V4.
- Developed and designed product improvements on prototype Antenna design.
- Researched and designed Antenna Array applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Performed work on Build to Print Programs reading and interpreting blue prints, technical drawings, schematics and computer generated reports.
- Coordinated and completed design documentation packages for product release monitoring all aspects of production including fabrication and environmental testing.
Staff Engineer, International Business Machines, Endicott, New York 1997–2004
- Developed and managed lotus spreadsheet for parts inventory for end of manufacture of dot matrix printer reducing warehouse inventories and costs.
- Eliminated obsolete tooling producing cost savings and improved asset controls.
- Organized transfer of dot matrix printer from world trade distribution to USA, permitting single source supply and reducing manufacturing costs.
- Consolidated manufacturing line layout freeing floor space eliminating the need for external warehouse storage and reducing manufacturing costs.
- Provided technical sales support for successful acquisition of major, multi-million dollar customer accounts and received recognition from IBM for these activities.
- Resolved supplier and vendor part production issues while working with Field Engineering to insure customer satisfaction and adherence to production schedules.
- Trained and provided technical expertise to manufacturing production personnel.
- Researched, analyzed and implemented customer design proposals.
- Created assembly drawings, including bills of materials and detail drawings.
Senior Associate Engineer, International Business Machines, Endicott, New York 1992–1997
- Organized and released engineering documentation for Dot Matrix Printer, resulting in a successful product announce and an IBM award recognition.
- Developed and designed product improvements on paper feed mechanisms.
- Conducted affective communications with part vendors and machine shops insuring part quality and on time delivery.
- Provided technical support working with Customer and Field Engineering to resolve customer problems, increasing customer sat and a savings in service costs.
- Organized training for Customer Engineers producing savings in service costs.
- Utilized 2D and 3D CAD tools for researching, designing and revising parts and assemblies.
Associate Engineer, International Business Machines, Endicott, New York 1991–1992
- Implemented engineering changes and product improvements on Manufacturing Line.
Development Engineer, International Business Machines, Endicott, New York 1987–1991
- Conducted heat sink analysis and sizing for electrical components.
Design Specialist, International Business Machines, Endicott, New York 1983–1987
- Utilized CAEDS FEA tool for heat sink heat transfer project.
Designer, International Business Machines FSD, Owego, New York 1982–1983
- Worked on RF Test Equipment.
B.E.T, Mechanical Engineering - Binghamton University, Binghamton, New York
A.A.S, Product and Machine Design - Alfred State College, Alfred, New York
Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Windchill, CATIA V4, GD&T, SAP, Six Sigma, SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor, Sheet Metal, Plastics, Secret Security Clearance
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.