|Desired Industry: Engineering
|Desired Job Location: Bismarck, North Dakota
||Date Posted: 11/17/2010
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 11/17/2010
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: New Grad/Entry Level
||Willing to Travel: Yes, More Than 75%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
To obtain a challenging position in the engineering industry where I can work on innovative and diverse projects that will extend my knowledge to incorporate new ideas in today’s competitive world.
1. Coronado Engineering Tucson, AZ
Position held: AutoCAD Drafter 2006-2009
• Involved in drafting and flow calculations in the hydrology department.
• Performed site inspection of washes as located.
• Verified initial site analysis to ensure any septic tank installations did not interfere with natural washes and any water
• Coordinate meetings between departments.
• Ensured submittals were properly documented.
2. United Parcel Services Tempe, AZ
Position held: Small Parcel Sorter 2004-2006
• Responsible for sorting small packages.
• Active member of the S.A.F.E committee, which was primarily focused on work related safety.
• Performed training drills on safety and ways to prevent work injuries.
• Team leader with the responsibility of relating employee ideas and needs to management.
Arizona State University Tempe, AZ.
B.S. Civil Engineering, May 2010
• RELEVANT COURSES: Foundation, Transportation Systems Planning, Highway Geometric Design, Highway Materials, Construction &
Contract Management, Construction Estimating.
Residential Building Roof Truss, Fall 2009
• Used GS-USA Frame Program to design an efficient and inexpensive roof truss in Flagstaff, AZ using the city mandated snow
Highway Design of U.S. Route 87, Spring 2010
• Used Micro-station and In-Roads programs to design a safe and efficient section of U.S. Route 87, using Arizona Department
of Transportation Roadway Design Guidelines.
• Used EPANET 2.0 and HEC-HMS to perform flow discharge calculations for development projects in Scottsdale, AZ and New Mexico.
American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE),
Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE),
National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE),
A.F.S.A and B.A.C
SKILLS AND GOAL
Computer: Auto CAD 2011, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Micro-station, EPANET 2.0, HEC -HMS
Other Languages: Fluent in written and spoken Swahili
Deans List-Ira Fulton School of Engineering, Student Coordinator awards from both the A.F.S.A and B.A.C.
My goal is to become a licensed professional engineer (PE) within the next 3 years with a focus on the following engineering
disciplines: Structural, Transportation, Water or Geo-technical.
WHAT I BRING TO AN ORGANIZATION
1. Resourceful and diligent in seeking solutions to problems and adapting to new situations.
2. Good organizational and management skills plus strong verbal and written communication skills.
3. Possess strong financial acumen in project financial projections, project budgeting and cost analysis.
4. Knowledgeable in the following: civil/site construction, foundation and structural systems, interior finishes, exterior
5. Ability to estimate all aspects of a construction project, assemble into one budget, and present to owners.
6. Strong computer and presentation skills. Able to develop new skills and knowledge quickly.
7. Able to work in and/or organize teams.
8. Flexibility to travel as needed.
INITIAL 90 DAY PLAN FROM HIRE DATE
1. Settle down in my new role/environment and arrange one-on-one meetings with peers and management.
2. Review appropriate documentation to become more familiar with the expectations of my new role.
3. Arrange to spend time in rotation with various crews in their day to day jobs.
4. Attend safety meetings and participate in various committees within the organization.
5. Audit current work methods and have one-on-one meetings with supervisors to review areas of opportunity.
6. Build partnerships with colleagues gaining their respect by being visible, dependable, and approachable at all times.
7. Understand the level of detail expected in my new role and perform other tasks as needed
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.