Mechanical Engineer Resume
|Desired Industry: Engineering
|Desired Job Location: Beaverton, Oregon
||Date Posted: 11/16/2010
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 12/06/2010
|Desired Wage: 90000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained: Masters
||Willing to Relocate: Undecided
SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER with over fifteen years experience in aerospace and hi-technology industries. Particular areas of strength include finite element analysis, solid modeling, electro-mechanical design and testing. Excellent communication skills. Team-oriented individual with a keen focus on achieving high quality.
Flir Systems, Wilsonville, Oregon Jun 2009 to Present
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Contract)
* Created finite element models for stress and vibration studies using Cosmos software.
* Performed vibration testing of optical systems and measured frequency response functions, coherence and transmissibility.
* Designed mechanical parts for packaging optical mirrors, lenses and lasers inside rotational aircraft gimbals.
Quantum Engineering Design, Corvallis, Oregon May 2009 to Oct 2010
Structural Analysis Engineer (Contract)
* Performed structural analysis on shipping container lifting devices and army vehicle lifting mechanisms.
* Conducted stress analysis classical hand calculations and finite element analysis calculations.
* Documented results by writing formal stress analysis reports and presented them to the customer.
Rockwell Collins, Head-Up Guidance System, Portland, Oregon, Sep. 2006 to Mar. 2009
The global leader in the development of Head-Up Displays for commercial, corporate, and military transport aircraft.
Senior Mechanical Engineer
* Designed and detailed electro-mechanical components and assemblies such as computer enclosures and overhead units using Solidworks CAD package.
* Completed structural, fatigue, vibrations and thermal analyses of all major components such as combiners and overhead units.
* Developed in-depth knowledge of both DO-160 (commercial) and MIL-STD-810 (military) specifications.
* Performed classical stress hand calculations on aircraft structures using design manuals and structural handbooks.
* Created finite element models using Ansys classical, Ansys Work-Bench, Cosmos Works and Flo-Works.FEA software.
* Performed modal and power spectrum vibrations testing using Quattro analyzer and ME scope software tools.
* Analyzed flight test vibration data and created in-house test bench for simulating vibration jitter on display unit.
* Performed comprehensive mechanical qualification testing for achieving FAA certifications.
* Completed formal structural analysis reports, which were submitted to the FAA designated engineering representatives.
* led structural analysis design review and peer review meetings with engineers and managers.
* Mentored mechanical engineers and designers in finite element analysis techniques.
Mechanical Engineering Consultant
Aug 2003 to Aug 2006,
Clients include: Novellus Systems, Curtiss Wright/ The Boeing Company, Freightliner, Raytheon and Cascade Microtech.
* Analyzed aircraft cargo door mechanisms such as the door lift mechanism and the door locking mechanism for structural sizing using Ansys finite element modeling.
* Created finite element analysis macros for calculating forces, stresses and deflections.
* Performed hand calculations utilizing engineering handbooks and Boeing design manuals to ensure integrity of the finite element models.
* Executed shock and vibration analysis on various electronic chassis using Ansys software.
* Conducted structural and vibrations analysis on brakes and mirror systems using Ansys and Cosmos FEA software.
* Completed in-depth reports for shock and random vibration studies.
FEI COMPANY, Hillsboro, Oregon, Oct 2000 to Dec 2002
Leader in focused electron/ ion beam microscopy for semiconductor, data storage and bio-science applications.
Senior Mechanical Engineer
* Strengthened FEI systems modeling and analysis by predicting the dynamic behavior of stages, chambers and sample holders.
* Compiled Ansys Parametric Design Language (APDL) finite element code for various systems to calculate dynamic, static, thermal and non-linear solutions.
* Verified FEA results with hand calculations by developing Matlab and Mathcad programs.?
* Measured static, dynamic and acoustics performance of systems and components. Initiated modal measurements utilizing STAR modal and data physics ACE analyzer.
* Supported design projects and created 3D models using Pro Engineer and Unigraphics software.
SAMSUNG INFORMATION SYSTEMS, San Jose, California, Sep 1999 to Oct 2000
$90 B manufacturer of computer hardware and software products.
Mechanical Staff Engineer
* Conducted electro-mechanical testing using dynamic signal analyzers, laser doppler vibrometers (LDV), accelerometers, load cells, hammers, shakers and capacitance probes.
* Performed modal testing and analysis of major disc drive assemblies using STAR modal software and HP analyzers.
* Created finite element models of different disc drive components and assemblies including suspensions, actuators and motors.
* Designed test and tooling fixtures for various projects.
IOMEGA CORPORATION, Milpitas, California, Aug 1997 to Sep 1999
Leader in removable disk drive technology, with annual revenues of $1 B.
Senior Mechanical Engineer
* Designed and tested ball bearing and fluid bearing spindle motors operated in high performance disc drives.
* Generated 3D models of motors, actuator latches, disc clamps, top covers, flex circuit boards and electronic components used in next generation product.
* Conducted drive and component level mechanical test (i.e., shock and vibration, waterfall and runout tests).
* Interfaced with vendors regularly to establish precise specifications, scheduling and a variety of other issues.
SEAGATE TECHNOLOGY, Scotts Valley, California, Mar 1995 to Aug 1997
$10 B manufacturer of disk drives, tape drives and related software products
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
* Oversaw 2 1/2 inch spindle motor analysis, design and test related issues.
* Completed feasibility study and Engineering Design Verification and Testing (EDVT).
* Executed static and dynamic finite element analysis using I-DEAS and ANSYS software.
* Designed motor components and tooling fixtures using I-DEAS 3D solid modeling software.
* Detailed and drafted layouts, components and assembly drawings with compliance of Geometric, Dimensioning and Tolerancing techniques.
* Performed mechanical, electrical and magnetic tests to ensure motor peak performance.
* Interfaced on regular basis with customer design engineers and managers concerning accurate specifications and performance of motors.
M.S., in Mechanical Engineering, California State University, Long Beach, California
B.S., in Engineering Science, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee
American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
Solid modeling: Pro Engineer, Solidworks, Catia V5, Unigraphics, SDRC/ I-DEAS and HP Solid Designer.
Finite element analysis: Asnys Workbench 11.0, Ansys Classical, SDRC/ I-DEAS, Cosmos Works and Flo-Works..
Numerical programs: Matlab and Mathcad.
Modal testing: ME Scope and STAR modal.
Measurement tools: HP analyzers and Data Physics (Quattro) analyzer.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.