Human Resources/Recruiter/Career Coach Resume
|Desired Industry: Engineering
|Desired Job Location: Houston, Texas
||Date Posted: 10/25/2010
|Type of Position: Other
||Availability Date: Negotiable
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: No
• +10 years international experience as HR Generalist and Recruiter for the third largest global energy company.
• Recruitment Specialist for both Upstream and Downstream jobs.
• A proven business partner for both domestic and international management teams accustomed to manage complex projects to successful delivery in different locations (USA/International) and teams (Functional/ Cross-Functional).
• Fully Bilingual (English/Spanish) professional with multicultural background having worked with teams located in Europe, Africa, Asia, Latin America and the USA.
• Goal-oriented individual with an amazing capability to create and adjust products fit for business.
• Exceptional ability to understand business needs/priorities and build rapport with clients
• An entrepreneur and intrepid networker and Social Media Super User generating a successful Career4Change visible brand while attracting new clients.
• A very experienced blogger on career/professional branding matters and a guest blogger for other parties both in English and Spanish sites.
• A community active volunteer having created the first non-profit Venezuelan-American Professional network in the Houston Region with 150+ members in 6 months and 5 major formal networking events in 11 months.
Career4Change– Houston, Texas - Sole Proprietorship –
Ricklin-Echikson Associates – Career & Acclimation Coach 2008 –
Professional branding, Career orientation and job transitioning facilitation to a diverse international clientele.
Cultural Awareness and inclusion about working in the USA.
HR Consultancy services on partnership relationships with corporate small/mid size business owners' clients.
Key creator, lead and sponsor for the only non-profit Professional Network oriented to the Venezuelan-American community in the Houston Region.
Social media Super User with +800 contacts and active participation in several affinity groups.
BP Professional Experience 1995 – 2005
HR Advisor, BP International Marine, Global Fuels Performance Unit, Houston 2002 to 2005
Managed and support delivery of People agenda (Staffing, Compensation, Learning and development, Diversity and Inclusion, Organizational Development, Employee Relations) for Client's USA locations (Wayne, Port Newark and Houston) , Lat Am team (Mexico, Venezuela, Peru and Chile) and the Global Fuels PU Management Team.
Recommended people initiatives that created 3%+ increase in the Americas People Assurance Survey report in just one year.
Enabled an open communication culture via the Appreciative Inquiry Summits facilitated and delivered across the organization.
Implemented a transparent compensation program that met 100% its annual budget.
Recruitment Specialist, BP Upstream Onshore Business Units and EPTG, Houston 2000 to 2001
Led all the Exempt recruitment efforts oriented to satisfy the demand of all Upstream clients and EPTG.
Closely worked with different disciplines’ Staff and Development /Deployment networks in delivering the recruitment goals (+20% costs’ savings)
Co-designed and Facilitated Behavioral interviewing workshops to the Line
HR Advisor, BP Upstream, Venezuela 1995 to 2000
A progressive HR career that covered different roles from Recruitment in the peak hiring period of the Country to creating, developing and implementing HR fit-for-purpose initiatives in a very changing organization that experienced a merger and an acquisition in less than a 3 years period.
Coordinated the recruitment strategy and implementation efforts for +100 positions at the most active hiring peak of the Venezuelan Oil Industry history successfully delivering top quartile candidates with the best resources in place.
Designed L&OD strategy and implementation agenda.
Facilitated team building exercises, provided consultation to both leaders and staff on L&OD matters and managed a Diversity and Inclusion agenda specially oriented to support the transition between the BP/Amoco/ARCO cultures towards a positive change management process.
Expatriate Administration lead supervising a 4 people team in charge of coordinating all processes related to incoming expats (100+)
Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Relations, Universidad Católica Andres Bello (UCAB) – Caracas, Venezuela - 1992
Appreciative Certified Coach, Fielding Institute – USA - 2008
Professional HR Program, Rice University – Houston, Texas – Completed/Approved Successfully - 2009
SHRM- Society of Human Resources Management
CICTEX - International Chamber of Commerce, Texas.
V-AAT ¬– Venezuelan American Association of Texas – Co-Creator, Co-Chair and facilitator of its Professional Network for the Houston Region
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.