Manager/Director/VP Policy and Strategy Resume
|Desired Industry: Executive
|Desired Job Location: Calgary, Alberta
||Date Posted: 10/15/2010
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: ASAP
|Desired Wage: ++$65,000
||U.S. Work Authorization:
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 25-50%
|Highest Degree Attained:
||Willing to Relocate: No
Results-oriented, challenge-driven, technology-savvy, multi-tasking leader, strong team player, and strategic-thinker now seeking to establish long-term employment in or near Calgary. Varied professional background and significant community involvement make me an ideal candidate for a position in a company which values different perspectives.
__________ CAREER HISTORY __________
WITMAR DEVELOPMENTS LTD/DILWORTH INN, Kelowna 2008 - 2009
• Functioned as a one-person accounting department and master operator of InnPoints.
BROAD HORIZONS COACHING PLUS, Whitehorse YT, Red Deer AB 1998 - 2001 & 2006 - 2008
Business and Executive Coach
• Assisted over 100 small business owners grow their businesses while developing their abilities to retain and motivate their employees.
• Assisted more than 50 start-up businesses with their financial forecasts.
COACHINC.COM, Whitehorse YT, Red Deer AB 2001 - 2006
Director Web Technology
• Continually developed corporate website.
• Trained over 1000 students.
YUKON NEWS, Whitehorse, YT 1996 - 1998
NORTHWESTEL INC., Whitehorse, YT 1986 - 1996
Company Restructuring Officer
Manager Real Estate
Land Use Specialist
Property Management Specialist
Civil Engineering Technologist
• Rapid promotions recognized abilities in planning, project management, and team development and leadership.
• As Manager of Operations personally directed or coordinated over 25 large engineering and operational projects (all projects were completed on time and within budget). Prepared departmental operating budgets, and annual and five year capital budgets in the $1 to 6 million annual range.
• As Company Restructuring Officer, created the organizational restructuring model which served as the corporate blueprint. Won a Presidential Commendation.
• As Real Estate Manager, devised a disagreement resolution framework between the BC Government Land Branch and telecommunications industry stakeholders.
ALBERTA YUKON AND FEDERAL GOVERNMENTS 1979 - 1986
EBA ENGINEERING, JR PAINE ENGINEERING
Survey, Materials and Soils Technician
__________ PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT __________
Education: Civil Engineering Technology (Honours) Diploma (1983), Northern Alberta Institute of Technology.
Accreditation: Personal and Business Coach (2000) and Certified Coach Facilitator (1998). Periodic training and refresher courses thereafter.
Additional Training: Project management and numerous commerce courses covering business plan development, administration, bookkeeping and accounting, business law, and change management.
Former Professional Involvements: Board Directorships with Women's Business Network, Whitehorse Chamber of Commerce, and Yukon Convention Bureau.
Former Community Involvements: Fulfilled Executive positions (secretary, advertising director, vice president, chair, etc.) with Klondike Motorsports Association, Whitehorse Toastmasters Club, Aurora Awards Storytelling Jury, Yukon Horsemen's Association, Alberta Society of Engineering Technologists, and Yukon Tourism Marketing Partnership-Communications Committee. Received award for "1998 Best Table Topics Speaker" after eight months in Toastmasters.
• Over the last decade, assisted numerous executives build their businesses. Helped 3 successful organizations grow revenues by over $500K in the first years. Generated the business plans and raised capital to launch several successful new businesses in the retail, building supply, and technical services spaces.
• In '90s played a leadership role propelling NorthwesTel to regional dominance. Won several commendations from top level executives and was granted more rapid promotions than peers. Saved the enterprise hundreds of thousands of dollars annually by devising streamlining solutions. Negotiated leases and purchases of land, buildings, and materials and through tough but fair bargaining saved employer over $3 million in expenses.
• MS Office Suite Power User (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word)
• hotel management (InnPoints) and accounting (JD Edwards)
• web design & development (HTML)
• ORGANIZATION / NEGOTIATION: Work cooperatively and productively with others to achieve results; communicate effectively with varying stakeholder groups; strong facilitation skills.
• LEARNING: Curious, adaptable, versatile with a passion for learning; self-starter, constantly looking for ways to improve; attention to detail; advanced multi-tasking abilities.
• BUSINESS SENSE AND ORGANIZATIONAL AWARENESS: Understand business goals; solid understanding of internal controls, quality control, etc.; proven ability to add value by analyzing and improving operations, systems, and policies.
Some of my personal qualities and values include innate common sense, a strong interest in helping people to achieve their best, openness, willingness to go the extra mile, integrity, respect, and excellence. In addition, I have a very analytical mind, work well under pressure, and always see both the details and the big picture.
You may note from a review of my attached resume that I accomplished outstanding results with NorthwesTel recognized by a series of very rapid promotions. I also played a significant role in the online presence and effectiveness of CoachInc.com. As an executive coach over the last few years, I have helped small businesses expand and have consistently delivered complex revenue growth and organizational structuring enhancements with distinction and beyond expectations.
You will also appreciate that I have experience working independently and as part of cross-functional multi-disciplinary teams and I work well with people at all levels within a company and in the community.
Recently, I have had intensive care-taking responsibilities. This has now changed and I am ready to take on a challenging and varied role where my experience, knowledge, abilities, personal attributes, and interests will be utilized.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.