construction laborer or carpenter Resume
|Desired Industry: Building Trades/Construction
|Desired Job Location: san jose, California
||Date Posted: 10/14/2010
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 10-18-2010
|Desired Wage: $20,000-30,000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 50-75%
|Highest Degree Attained: High School/Equivalent
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
To work as a carpenter, laborer, maintenance worker, or any entry-level job in the public or private sector willing to work in a different field.
Seven years as a carpenter for the Carpenters Local Union 405, and three years as a laborer.
High School Diploma in 1983 and a Associate Science in Science 1989 from Cabrillo College.
Carpenters Local Union 405 in San Jose California.
2279 Perez Street Apt. 289
Salinas, California, 93906
Summary: Over 10 years of experience in the Carpentry and Building Maintenance field.
• Bilingual and Biliterate
• Ability to lift over 100 ponds
• Experience driving 15 passenger van
• Basic computer knowledge • Over 7 years Carpentry experience
• 3 years Maintenance experience
• 2 years Custodial experience
• Install and repair faucets, sinks, toilets, and showers
• Repair piping by soldering and using shark bite to reduce emissions caused by soldering
• Knowledgeable in the use of ABS piping in buildings
• Installation of doors and windows
• Make support and non-support walls
• Frame a room and ensure its stability
• Positioned, joined, and aligned concrete forms in place: set braces to align walls.
• Installed retrofitting earthquake devices in building to meet code requirements. Electrical :
• Installation of outlets, switches, dimmers, breakers.
• Run a line from the breaker to install a dryer, outlets, and dishwasher
• Trouble shoot and wire a whole house
Interior & Exterior Maintenance:
• Repairing holes on walls patching them, putting texture, and painting
• Roof shingles installation
• Basic landscaping
Introduction to Solar Power:
• Knowledgeable in running arrays in series and parallel
• Basic maintenance for Solar Panels
2000 to 2007 Carpenters union Local 405 Journeyman Carpenter
• Trained and supervised apprentices on carpentry training.
• Built, and assemble, concrete forms out of wood, steel, and aluminum.
• Building framing.
• Verified trueness of structure using: plumb bob, levels and builders level.
• Worked on parking structures building: columns, walls, and foundations.
• Erected, and assembled scaffolding ramps, shoring and traffic barricades.
• Followed established safety rules, regulations, and attended safety meetings at work.
• Maintained a safe clean environment and successfully completed all jobs in a timely manner.
1997 to 2000 Contractors Labor Pool Labor
• Worked as a laborer on different projects such as: demolishing and remodeling.
• Dug trenches, demolished building, painted, installed insulation, and jack hammered concrete.
• Cleaned, and prepared construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
• Controlled traffic around work zone.
2010 Center for Employment Training Building Maintenance Certificate
1989 Cabrillo College Associate Science
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.