Sr Business Analyst Resume
|Desired Industry: Computer Software/Programming
|Desired Job Location: New York, New York
||Date Posted: 9/28/2010
|Type of Position: Contractor
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, More Than 75%
|Highest Degree Attained: Masters
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
Over 8 years+ experienced and goal-oriented Business Analyst, Financial Analyst, Data modeling with a demonstrated track record of leading the projects to successful completion and on time. Proven expertise in driving efficiency and productivity through evaluation of existing systems and implementation of process improvements during system enhancements projects.
Responsible for consultation to both internal and external customer and has technical understanding of the business systems, capabilities, and respective technologies.
Serve as the liaison between all IT and the customer in understanding key business processes, business data, and requirements, as well as analyze processes for technology service solutions.
Assist in business process redesign as needed.
Maintain communication with customer and team members and promote a team environment.
Proficient in Gathering Requirements, Business Systems Planning, Procedural Development & Implementation, Validation, Problem Solving and Business Contingency Planning.
Expertise in Process Management, Quality Assurance, Unit Testing, Data Modeling and Analysis, with understanding of software development life cycle.
Adept at learning new technologies, extensive project planning and co-ordination skills, detailed oriented with strong communication, customer service and leadership skills.
Experienced in all facets of Software Development Life Cycle including System Analysis, Design, Coding, Testing, Documentation and System Validation
Strong knowledge of UML, RUP, Rational Suite including Rational Rose Requisite Pro, Microsoft Visio.
Writing skills of Requirements Specification Document, USE Case Specifications, Functional Specifications and Software Requirement Specifications (SRS).
Proficiency in business process mapping, requirement study defining the various specifications for application implementation, and client interaction for resolving concerns.
Experienced Project Coordinator with high process awareness with commitment to quality, precise with good attention to detail and delivery focused.
Key Skills: Business Analysis, Financial Analysis, Data Modeling, Loan Application Processing, Online Trading, Use Cases, SQL
Morgan Stanley, NYC Nov 2009 – Current
Senior Business Analyst
Project: Information Life Cycle Management
Description: Information Life Cycle Management establishes a broad control framework in which all physical and electronic information is classified ,managed and disposed off according to firm defined standards. Key aspects of the project was to develop information Management standards to effectively balance business needs legal and regulatory requirements.
• Actively participated in maintaining, managing and leveraging data assets.
• Conducted application reviews for various departments firm wide and understood the data retention practice followed by the wealth management groups.
• Analyzed the proliferation of incomplete, inconsistent and unreliable data throughout the enterprise, impacting risk management and capital efficiency of the firm.
• Communicated extensively with various IT owners in understanding the data retention practices and giving remediation's as required .
• Effectively participated in analyzing business requirements of structured and unstructured data.
• Clarified client requirements, business needs and project objectives, via feedback sessions and client meetings, in collaboration with all IT Owners.
• Actively participated in UAT testing and created test cases and test plans.
Environment/Tools Used: UML, SQL, MS Visio, MS Project, MS Excel, XML, MS Word.
Popular Financial Holdings Inc, NJ Feb 2008 – Oct 2009
Business Analyst /Project Coordinator
Project: Document Imaging
Description: The client wanted to implement an interoperable web service tool that will operate as a non real-time interface between their vendor FIS and the loan servicing system LSAMS .In addition the business wanted to have a tool that can access all Customer Loan Center related data (Dialer, CMS, and Mortgageware) to manually create custom reports and view universal CLC reporting within a dashboard.
• Used RUP and UML methodologies to document and manage requirements throughout the full lifecycle of the project, i.e. definition, design, and testing phases
• Analyzed Reviewed Business Requirements and Functional Specifications of the application.
• Scheduled Project related meetings, created agendas, meeting materials, minutes for project meetings and reviewed associated project reports.
• Maintained and administered project reporting, resource management, updating databases and document management.
• Used CaliberRM to keep team members updated on changes in requirements and automatically notifying responsible individuals of the changes.
• Communicated extensively with clients and different levels of management for the Document Imaging Project to set the FIS Web Service, create XML files and coding to call the web service tool.
• Clarified client requirements, business needs and project objectives, via feedback sessions and client meetings, in collaboration with all stakeholders
Environment/Tools Used: Hyperion, SQL, MS Visio, MS Project, MS Excel, XML,MS Word.
SLM Financial, Echelon, NJ Sept 2006 – Jan 2008 Business Analyst
Project: Electronic Loan Processing Application
Description: SLM Financial product offerings are spread across various Lines of Businesses (LOB) and online application process is used to enrich the customer application process by cross selling products. The client wanted to enhance its servicing department by using ELP (Electronic Loan Processing System, analogous to ALS) application and hence focus on being more service oriented. They wanted to offer a highly diverse set of products to their customer on a single platform.
• Work with business owners to detail current processes and created business process flow diagram.
• Analyzed the existing processes and performed GAP analysis.
• Performed Use Case specification, Business Type specifications, and captured all work products in the Rational Unified Process (RUP).
• Collected, Documented and verified various Business Rules with the SMEs.
• Interfaced with business users to prepare and update Business Process Requirements (BPR) and Software System Requirements (SSR).
• Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with stakeholders throughout SDLC to resolve open issues.
Environment: UML, MS SQL, MS Visio, MS Project, MS Excel, XML, MS Word,
Countrywide Financials, Mt Laurel, NJ Jan 2002– Aug 2006
Business Analyst/Project Coordinator
Project: Advanced Loan Services Application
Description: The client required implementation of a new Advanced Loan Services Application as it is a highly sophisticated, scalable retail lending system that provides automated account management and proactive customer care for the life of the loan.
• Collecting input from selected Stakeholders (application owners, Domain and Application Architects and the working group).
• Followed RUP iterative development approach and conducted JAD Sessions to resolve open issues, change requests and most importantly, to develop a solution, so that the application meets the business requirements .
• Communicated extensively with clients and different levels of management to identify requirements, use cases and to develop functional specifications.
• Provided administrative and analytical support on projects and initiatives.
• Organized, Coordinated and supported large, complex and multifaceted projects.
• Create status updates & present to senior management and project stakeholders.
• Track project schedule and escalate issues with concerned parties
Environment/Tools Used: MS Visio, MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word, PL/SQL
CPA AICPA – State Board of Indiana
MBA UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN INDIANA (4.0/4.0)
Major : Finance.
Minor : Change Management
MS UNIVERSITY OF DELAWARE (3.0/4.0)
Major : Accounting
Minor : Management Information Systems
Business Skills: Business Requirements, Business Process Analysis & Design, Requirement Gathering, Use Case Modeling, JAD/JRP Sessions, Gap Analysis and Impact analysis
Languages: SQL, UML, J2EE, .NET, HTML, XML, and Visual Basic 5.0/6.0
Packages: Siebel Sales and Call Center, Rational Rose, Requisite Pro, Clear Quest, Clear Case, Mercury Test Director, Win Runner, & Load Runner
Databases: MS Access, Oracle 8i/9i, DB2, MS SQL Server
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, Windows 95/2000/NT/XP, MVS, and MS-DOS.
Office tools: MS Office 2003 (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook), MS Visio, MS Project, MS Access, and MS FrontPage.
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.