|Desired Industry: Information Technology
|Desired Job Location: Dallas, Texas
||Date Posted: 9/27/2010
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 2-week advanced notice
|Desired Wage: Negotiable
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 25-50%
|Highest Degree Attained: Masters
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
• Oracle DBA / database architect
• Database warehouse/OLTP planning, development, upgrade, performance tuning, disaster recovery, archive.
• High availability using Data Guard, Streams, and RAC
• Supported Oracle 7, 8, 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g, 11gR2 on a mixed operating system environment, platforms included: Unix, primarily Solaris, Oracle Enterprise Linux, HP-UX, Red Hat Linux and Windows.
• Proficient in large RDBMS Administration, Installation & Performance Tuning, & Security Management, Strong Backup & Recovery, Data Guard / Standby. Proficient in UNIX shell scripts.
• Designed and built various data warehouses for semiconductor testing data acquisition, used ETL techniques to collect and transform parametric and functional test data, extract-transformation-load into Oracle database for engineering analysis, coded in C, and script language using C, Korn, and Bourne Shell, SQL, and PL/SQL
• The logical design covered start schema with dimension, facts tables and partition tables.
• Maintained a critical production system with 15 Oracle and MySQL database instances with application and proxy servers, hosted on 150+ server including E4500, E3500, V440, V420, and 5TB disk storage on Sun Storage, in a high availability environment. Developed a system and Oracle database disaster recovery plan use RMAN and user-managed database recovery.
• Migrated applications from Microsoft spread sheet workgroup environment to a three-tier application environment using Oracle and Weblogic, IBM Websphere running on Sun Netra and Sun Fire machines.
• Deployed Oracle Enterprise Manager 10.2.0.4 OEM/OMS, OMA on major machines. Designed and built an additional system / database monitoring system to proactively detect potential performance problems and provide early warning.
• Designed a secure data transfer system between Windows and UNIX to replace legacy scheme. Worked as project leader with ST teams from other countries in a multi-cultural environment.
• Designed a real-time data flow systems with error-correction and data quality scoreboard within multi-national sites.
• Deployed data warehousing projects and ad hoc reports in production, finance, inventory, and preventive maintenance areas. Used PL/SQL triggers to audit entry updates and deletion.
• Worked closely with developers in schema design and SQL tuning, performed database capacity planning, performance tuning at system level, database level, and SQL level.
• Accomplished Phoenix Information Technology infrastructure startup. Worked with internal customers to define the requirements and specifications to acquire hardware and software - key contributor in an integration of computer systems/database/network and configuration to support production.
• Performed system and applications migration from DEC/VMS to UNIX environment.
• Experienced working with Data Warehouse and OLTP Multi-Terabyte databases in production environments.
• Set up 11g Database Testing on Dev platform to evaluate, test new features, and upgrade.
National Chengchi University, Taiwan
• BA – Business Management
University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas
• MS – Computer Science
University of Dallas, Irving, Texas
• MBA – Concentrating on I.T. Management
• Dallas Oracle Users Group
• Oracle SQL Tuning/RAC/ASM/Data Warehouse, ETL, Data Guard, RMAN, Grid Control, Streams
• Oracle database server 7, 8, 9i, 10g, 11g administration, performance tuning, standby DB
• Shell scripting in C, Bourne, Korn, bash, Perl; Web Design, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, TOAD
• Cisco routers, switches, routers, topology, subnetting
• Java, Servlet, C, COBOL, PL/SQL, Informix, Ingres, Rdb, Apache/WebLogic/Websphere Admin
• DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, FTP, networked backups, VERITAS Netbackup, tape library
• Windows Server 2003/2008 Operating System Infrastructures, Active Directory, Microsoft SQL Server, DBVisulizer
• Sun Solaris 9, 10; HP-UX, Linux, DEC VMS. IBM AIX, Oracle Enterprise Linux, Red Hat Linux
• VM Virtualizations;
• EagleSoft Dental Software
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.