Senior Software Engineer Resume
|Desired Industry: Computer Software/Programming
|Desired Job Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
||Date Posted: 9/24/2010
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 09/27/2010
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
More than 20 years of experience in software development, on-time delivery, product engineering, quality control, productivity improvement, and cost reduction design for international software and hardware corporations. Strong background in user training and support documentation. Experience in major programming languages, operating hardware and software. Related areas of expertise:
• C, C++, C#, VB, .Net, IIS, ASP.Net, Virtual Server, HTML, PERL/CGI, and PowerShell
• MS SQL, BEA Tuxedo, SMTP, POP3, MAPI, and QMAIL
• Windows, UNIX, LINUX, DOS, and Solaris
Averro / Excell Data at Microsoft, Redmond, WA 2008–2009
Software Development Engineer – Visual C/C++, C#, VB, .Net, Virtual Server, IIS, SQL, XML
• Contract Engineer for Microsoft’s Manageability Services Core Technology Group, Sustainability Team. Data center support software and issue ticketing system components.
ITTIA LLC, Bellevue, WA 2007–2008
Senior Database Engineer – Windows, WinCE, Linux, MINGW, C/C++
• Managed multiple release cycles of ITTIA DB and ITTIA DB with SQL, ITTIA’s ACID compliant, small-footprint, database for embedded devices. Developed benchmark, example and evaluation software for potential customers leading to initial product deployment and sales.
Barrett’s Spices LLC, San Francisco, CA 2005–2007
Manager – Local Spice and Herb Store
• Managed daily operations including inventory, sales, and book-keeping.
Home Depot Inc., Colma CA 2004–2005
Electrical Department Supervisor
• Managed $10 Million merchandising department with $104 Million Home Depot retail operation, exceeding yearly sales plan by more than $220,000, delivering 10% higher profit margins through focused sales of higher yielding products.
Gwendolyn LLC, San Francisco, CA 2002–2003
Assistant Manager – Local Bookstore
• Opened and closed store, managed schedule, tracked inventory, and balanced bank between shifts.
Topica Inc., San Francisco, CA 1999–2001
Senior Internet Messaging Engineer – Team Lead – Windows, Linux, C/C++
• Instrumental in designing and enhancing the e-mail processing, ad-copy insertion, and delivery components of Topica’s highly scalable, transaction based, newsletter and mailing list delivery system, increasing e-mail delivery beyond 3.5 billion personalized e-mail messages per month, resulting in the world’s largest directory of public e-mail lists and one of the most visited websites on the internet. Named to PC Magazine’s Top 100 Websites in 1999.
• Developed data mapping functions, allowing data within internal programming structures to be accessed through externally defined macro definitions, enabling tokenization and placement of personalized data within outgoing Topica newsletters and mailing lists.
IBM / Lotus Development Corporation, Mountain View, CA 1991–1999
Principal Software Engineer – Team Lead – DOS, Windows, C/C++
• Managed development efforts and performance analysis, delivering several enhanced releases of cc:Mail Mobile and cc:Mail LAN for Windows, Lotus’ award winning e-mail clients.
• Designed Lotus Mail, a POP3/SMTP, LDAP and MAPI based internet e-mail client, and a ROM/chip-based cc:Mail Mobile for the pioneering HP 100LX and 200LX palmtop computers.
• Designed and added versioning and automatic upgrade features for cc:Mail LAN, allowing client software to take advantage of changes within the underlying message store system without needing to replace client side software.
• Worked closely with UI and Usability teams, modifying and easing user experience.
Wang Laboratories, Inc., Lowell, MA 1987–1991
Principal Software Engineer – DOS, Windows, UNIX, SCO UNIX, Wang VS, C
• Designed, optimized and enhanced Wang’s Data Exchange and InfoSharer data integration tools for data sharing and conversion between Wang VS, Wang PC, IBM PC, MS DOS, MS Windows, and Unix systems.
• As sole component architect - conceived, designed, engineered, and patented a table-driven, file format recognition and conversion method for sharing data between diverse applications, hardware platforms and storage formats. Driving format recognition, extraction, and translation services through externally defined definition records allowed additional customer requested formats and platforms to be easily supported by Wang's data integration tools with minimal engineering intervention or cost.
Henco Software, Inc., Waltham, MA 1984–1987
Software Engineer – IBM VMS, IBM VM/CMS, IBM MVS/JES2, DG AOS/VS, Prime, Fortran
• Implemented product enhancements for INFO, Henco's relational data management and report generation product for Digital, Prime, Harris, Honeywell, IBM, and Data General platforms, creating file import/export utilities for sharing data between INFO and external applications. Henco's INFO was an early Oracle competitor.
• Ported Henco’s INFO to Data General AOS/VS machines, developing DG specific display drivers, and modifying file access and output methods for higher native throughput.
Bachelor of Technology, Computer Systems
Rochester Institute of Technology; Rochester, New York
AAS, Data Processing
State University of New York at Cobleskill; Cobleskill, New York
Windows, Windows CE, MINGW, UNIX, LINUX, SCO UNIX, DOS, Solaris, IBM VMS, IBM VM/CMS, IBM MVS/JES2, Wang VS, DG AOS/VS, Prime Computer Primos
C/C++ for various hardware platforms, MS VC/C++, MFC, Java, Java-Script, HTML, Pascal, PERL/CGI, PL/1, VB.Net, C#, COBOL, FORTRAN, Assembly
PC Software and Protocols
MS Project, Visio Pro, Oracle/SQL, PL/SQL, BEA Tuxedo, SMTP, POP3, IMAP, MAPI, IIS
Computer method and apparatus for a table driven file interface. US5421001 (AU3595293, CA2132108, DE69301092D, EP0638188, B1, JP7506446T, WO9322734)
A table-driven file parser and format recognition apparatus, developed as a central component of Wang’s Data Exchange and InfoSharer file conversion and data integration utilities.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
• Lotus Development – cc:Mail First Class Award
• Lotus Development – Selected for Retention Incentive Program
• Wang Laboratories – Employee of the Month
• Wang Laboratories – Selected for Retention Incentive Program
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.