|Desired Industry: Accounting/Bookkeeping
|Desired Job Location: Nashville, Tennessee
||Date Posted: 8/11/2010
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 8-16-10
|Desired Wage: 45000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: No
I am looking for a great company to hire on with and gain additional accounting experience. My goal is to also return to school and complete an MBA.
PALM INTERNATIONAL - LaVergne, TN Nov. 19, 2007 – June 4, 2010
A diversified family of companies involved in the manufacture of metal finishing products, specialized metal finishing tanks & electronic controls, trucking, truck repair, & supplier of raw materials and elements used in the food industry.
Accountant for Truck Repair Shop
Reporting to the General Manager of Palm Truck Repair & Service. Often, a first point of contact for customers walking or calling into the shop. Performed accounting, and general office administration functions including:
• Entering initial customer work order
• Accounts Receivable – complete all invoicing and assist with collections. Answer customer inquiries.
• Accounts Payable – Verify Manager approval on vendor invoices to be paid. Enter all vendor invoices for parts in process and for inventory. Entered debit adjustments.
• Order parts, receive-in parts for repairs & stock orders, verify quantities and stock inventory.
• Prepare formal estimates for clients
• Assure that new inventory items get added to network system.
• Complete form for oil samples and prepare them to be mailed for processing.
G.R.A.S.S. (Great Results Always Stay Satisfied) Nashville, TN 1996-2007
General partner and owner of a small landscape maintenance company in the Nashville metro area.
• Handled all vendor invoices and cut checks.
• Invoiced customers, collected on past due accounts, prepared and made bank deposits.
• Responsible for all customer relations and marketing.
• Negotiated contracts for commercial and residential properties.
• Gathered and provided year end information for CPA.
• Processed payroll for 5 employees.
SERVICE AMERICA - Nashville, TN 1994-1996
Food service providers through vending and cafeteria services, bought by Canteen.
Assistant to District Accounting Manager
Reported to District Accounting Manager, District General Manager, and other upper management positions. Assisted with annual budgeting and monthly contract P&L’s with district annual revenues of approximately $17 million. Heavily involved with cash control management.
• Daily performed money vault reconciliations and prepared bank deposits with average weekly counted sales of $250-300,000.
• Daily analyzed money changer revolving fund of $120,000.
• Calculated monthly Cost of Goods Sold from warehouse inventory counts.
• Performed field audits of money changers and cash registers.
• Managed the online fixed asset system and phone system.
• Multiple reconciliations and ad hoc projects for management and sales staff.
• Promoted to Office Manager over Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Route Control, two money room clerks, and receptionist.
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Major in accounting, 1995
Union College, Lincoln, Nebraska
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.