|Desired Industry: Accounting/Bookkeeping
|Desired Job Location: Chardon, Ohio
||Date Posted: 8/8/2010
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 2 weeks
|Desired Wage: 70000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: No
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: No
To use over 10 years of experience in Hotel Accounting and 8 years experience in Manufacturing Accounting to help your business grow and prosper.
Avery Dennison: October 2007 – Present – Revenues of 45 to 72 Million (for the site I am responsible for)
- Provide upper management with a daily revenue report and daily shipments report.
- Work in the AS400 manufacturing system to ensure that invoices flow to work orders.
- Coordinate with AP to make sure that all goods that are received are invoiced in a timely manner.
- Provide upper management with a monthly raw materials purchased report that provides inflation / deflation information as well as forecasting for future inflation / deflation.
- Maintain the Avery Dennison Fleet Car Program with an outside fleet vendor. Currently approximately 130 vehicles. Responsible for maintaining specifications, ordering, coding and payment of invoices, tag renewal, maintenance and accident repairs on all vehicles.
- Prepare and post up to 40 journal entries for month end close. These include accruals, reclasses, prepaids, sales journals, and cost journals. Avery has a 3 ½ day close, and runs a 4-4-5 monthly cycle.
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis, and prepare reconciling journal entries if needed.
- Prepare and post Corporate Schedules in Hyperion on a Quarterly Basis. These include lease, a flux analysis, PPE and AD analysis, balance sheet schedules, and Intercompany sales reconciliations.
Holiday Inn Lakeside: October 2005 – May 2007 – Revenues of 7.5 Million
- Balance cash accounts on a daily basis.
- Provide management team with a daily labor report, as well as a daily revenue recap report.
- Supervise two people in the Accounting department.
- Forecast cash out to a weekly, monthly, and yearly basis.
- Responsible for month end closing, journal entries, accrual entries, reclassing entries, and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Prepare financial statements for dispersal to top management, as well as Corporate Officers in New York.
- Work with top management to create budgets for 2006, as well as 2007.
- Spearheaded a computer conversion project, switching from Encore hotel software to Opera hotel software.
- Converted payroll system from PC based ADP system to Web based Paycor payroll system.
- Process payroll on a weekly basis for over 100 employees.
- Worked with Bank Officials to get a sweep account for the hotel, to increase interest revenue.
- Worked with Bank Officials to establish a line of credit for the hotel.
- Coordinated the setup of a new computer network with the assistance of our outside technology vendor.
- Streamlined paperwork by moving the hotel phone lines and internet access to one major vendor instead of 4 different companies, reducing expenses at the same time by upgrading to newer technology.
- Worked with outside leasing companies to purchase a dishwashing machine, and new copiers. Received a buyout check from the copier company worth more than the remaining lease on the copiers.
- Provide outside accounting firm with reports and information that is vital for preparation of corporate tax returns.
Hickok Incorporated: April 2002 – October 2005 - Revenues of $12 Million
- Balanced main cash account daily, and determine investment total based on actual available funds.
- Worked with bank to set up a sweep account to invest float monies on a daily basis.
- Increased investment total from $1M to over $2.5M, increasing interest income by more than 100%.
- Administered companies’ 401K account contributions as well as loan paybacks.
- Prepared and transfer monies via ACH and Wire transfers to continental USA and Overseas accounts.
- Trained and supervised Accounts Receivable staff, and set up guidelines for cash posting, credit limits, credit approval, month end closing, invoicing, credit memos, bad debt write-offs, and credit card processing.
- Instituted procedures to limit exposure to bad debt from domestic and foreign accounts.
- Helped decrease Accounts Receivable from $3M to less than $2M.
- Worked with Accounts Receivable staff cleaning up old accounts with past due balances, shifting a majority of the $2M balance from over 90 days to under 60 days.
- Provided management with a daily Sales Revenue report that tracks sales revenue, sales adjustments, cost, gross profit, items sold below cost, items sold at cost, and items sold at low margin.
- Prepared and filed monthly sales tax returns for the states of Ohio and Michigan, and a quarterly sales tax return for the state of California.
- Prepared and posted monthly journal entries as well as adjusting entries and accruals.
- Prepared monthly Sales, Bookings and Backlog report for management that compiles MTD as well as YTD figures and tracks them against forecast.
- Reconciled the following accounts on a monthly basis: cash, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, 401K, hospitalization, travel advances, employee receivables, as well as other balance sheet accounts.
- Reconciled and tracked inventory that is out on consignment.
- Responsible for petty cash payouts, replenishment, and monthly reconciliation.
Independent Contractor: 2001 – 2005
- Worked with top management at Traveline Travel Agency to set up accounting procedures at
their new hotel, Lawnfield, in Mentor, Ohio. Also worked in a similar capacity with Hearth Marketing and
Media, Cleveland, Ohio.
- Created an income journal, a daily revenue report, and monthly upload to transfer data into
- Produced a financial statement in Quickbooks according to management specifications.
- Developed QuickBooks import files in Excel for payroll, accruals, vacation tracking, depreciation, amortization, prepaids, and reclasses.
- Balanced all outstanding loans for the hotel.
- Reconciled all cash and credit card accounts, as well as the bank statements and balance sheet accounts.
Level Propane: January 2001 – May 2001 - Revenues of $35 Million
- Established cash management protocols for Level Propane and 6 subdivisions.
- Maintained daily funding of Level Propane and 4 subdivision cash accounts from a line of credit. Maintained weekly funding of the Level Propane health account, as well as bi-weekly funding of their payroll account. Produced daily report stating cash position of the company, and credit line.
- Responsible for monthly closings of 4 Level Propane subdivisions books.
- Worked with other senior accountant to get balance sheet and bank statement reconciliations current.
- Developed spreadsheets to coordinate drivers’ payroll sheets with customer invoicing, and to track mileage driven against revenue produced.
Wyndham International: 1995 – 2001 Revenues of $616 Million
Staff Accountant – Assistant Controller – Controller
- Established close working relationships with general managers in the hotels and upper management at the corporate offices.
- Managed from 6 to 10 people in the accounting office.
- Became proficient in all aspects of the accounting office:
- payroll, accounts payable, income journal, general cashier, accounts receivable, and night audit.
- Provided upper management with a daily “Flash” sheet of hotel revenues.
- Uploaded journal entries for all hotels under my responsibility:
- general, reclasses, correcting, accrual, payroll, prepaids, and cash
- Closed from 1 to 5 sets of financial statements per month in a centralized accounting environment.
- Supplied decision-making personnel with a monthly cash flow analysis.
- Maintained balance sheet reconciliation’s on all hotels under my responsibility.
- Prepared 1 and as many as 4 monthly cash reconciliations on all hotels under my responsibility.
- Presented hotel executives with a monthly, quarterly, and yearly forecast of revenues and expenses.
- Submitted a budget for year 2001 with minimal input from department heads.
- Converted hotel general ledger balances, account history, and chart of accounts from one software package (Dataplus) to another software package (SAP).
- Responsible for tracking revenues and expenses for up to seven different food and beverage outlets, as well as rooms, a spa, a transportation company, and a golf course.
Malone Specialty Inc.: 1992 – 1995 Revenues of $5 Million
- Worked with and reported directly to the CEO of the company.
- Responsible for all aspects of the accounting department:
- accounts receivable, accounts payable, income journal, daily billing, cash posting, payroll, and cashier.
- Worked with our biggest outside vendor to install an EDI interface to process information quickly and more efficiently.
- Worked with bank representatives to provide a line of credit to help in maintaining a positive cash position for the firm.
- Balanced the cash account daily to help maintain a positive cash position.
- Posted all journal entries needed to close financial statements.
- Prepared financial statements, forecasts, and budgets for distribution to the CEO of the company, as well as outside investors, and outside accounting firm.
Graduated from Cleveland State University with a BBA in Accounting.
Proficient in Excel, Quickbooks, Word, PeopleSoft, AS400, and many other applications
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.