|Desired Industry: Computer Software/Programming
|Desired Job Location: Poway, California
||Date Posted: 8/6/2010
|Type of Position: Full-Time Temporary
||Availability Date: 8/30/10
|Desired Wage: 40,000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: No
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: No
To help promote a company through visually pleasing and effective design in both print and electronic media.
• Saved client 30% in their distribution costs and an equal amount in their production cost by redesigning and digitizing their entire library of supplemental school curriculum for grades 4–12, including teacher guides, student guides, pdf versions of the guides, and PowerPoint presentations of the materials, from print to electronic distribution.
• Slashed production cost 50% and improved efficiency by converting clients’ entire library of continuing education books to digital format. This also improved efficiency in updating materials, especially those that needed updating multiple times per year.
• Cut production cost by 50% on a line of catalogs by redesigning and digitizing them then overseeing color separation and printing myself.
• Designed and executed a complete ongoing advertising campaign, including logo, for a chain of 2nd run movie houses including posters, newspaper ads, graphics for TV ads, and slides shown before the movie starts.
• Produced a 4-color magazine from lay-out through pagination, including overseeing color separation and printing.
• Developed an online presence for a client that was a start-up business by designing and executing an e-mail campaign through SalesForce.com crm software. During the process I learned about how the software works and how to use it effectively.
• Create and manage an online presence for small business clients by developing and maintaining websites and social networking sites for them. Websites are designed either using DreamWeaver or through the hosting company’s cms system, I not only design the site but also all the graphic elements that make up the site and any click-through files needed.
• As the San Diego coordinator (volunteer) for Kidsave International, a program that allows prospective adoptive families to host foreign orphans with the possibility of adoption, my duties included grant-writing, public speaking, setting up media events and teaching volunteer and family training sessions.
• As the parent liaison/adoption counselor for ADORE and Adoption Advocates, International, an adoption facilitating business that help people adopt children from the Rep. of Georgia (part of the former Soviet Union), my duties involve a lot of ongoing client contact, research on the web, monitoring paperwork to make sure it meets standards set by government agencies, dealing with foreign nationals on a regular basis, and helping people through the regulatory maze that is foreign adoption. If also follow the families after the adoption to make sure they are turning in the required follow-up paperwork and reports on the adopted child.
• Taught myself all the major computer design programs from training manuals and troubleshooting computer problems, both hardware and software.
• Taught graphic design through the Learning Annex.
Graduated in June 1976, from USIU in San Diego, with a Bachelor of Fine Arts with emphasis in commercial art.
• 4-color magazine
• continuing education books
• supplemental school curriculum projects for grades 4–12
• letterhead packages
• brochures, flyers, newsletters
• “Coffee Table” books
• technical manuals & data sheets
• PowerPoint¨ presentations
• ads of all kinds
• basic website design
• Quark & Adobe InDesign
• Adobe Illustrator & PhotoShop
• Adobe Acrobat
• Adobe DreamWeaver & GoLive
• Microsoft Word & PowerPoint
Since 1983 I've been efficiently managing and coordinating a large variety of printed projects (and their electronic versions) from concept to completion. I worked closely with clients in dealing with deadlines, researching new suppliers and finding the most cost efficient and practical way to get things done. For the last 2 years I've been working on websites, both in DreamWeaver and on CMS sites.
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.