VP Operations / Logistics Resume
|Desired Industry: Executive
|Desired Job Location: Denver, Colorado
||Date Posted: 8/5/2010
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: Immediate
|Desired Wage: 150000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Executive (President, VP, CEO)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, More Than 75%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
Influential business leader with over 20 years of experience driving strategic direction and shaping long term visions. Proven ability to manage dynamic and changing environments, continuously improve operations and integrate new acquisitions. Broad industry experience includes consumer products, hospital and medical technology, automotive and construction manufacturing. Strong track record of effectively managing full P&L responsibility while leading cross-functional teams. Demonstrated capability to build and enhance supply chain and manufacturing operations while leveraging a diverse range of experience to reduce costs, increase performance and ensure customer satisfaction.
Corporate Express (now Staples Advantage) 1996 to 2009
$7B office products company, now owned by $27B Staples Inc.
Director, Operations – Canada (2006 to 2009), Mississauga, Ontario
Led all operations ($512M+) across Canada with full P&L and strategic planning responsibility spanning five divisions. Planned, developed, and implemented strategies to improve corporate performance and increase shareholder value. Presented action items to the executive management team and developed new business plans and practices. Tracked performance of all operations to ensure plan objectives were achieved on schedule and on budget.
• Helped grow division from $438M to $512+M within 18 months by seamlessly integrating a $70M acquisition into the organization, successfully reducing excessive warehouse, delivery and facility costs with no customer disruption.
• Reversed failing operations and significant customer dissatisfaction by implementing changes across all warehouses while expanding product line offerings. Awarded the National “Focus Execute Deliver” Award for Operations from the field.
• Improved warehouse accuracy to 99.8% while increasing throughput by 15 lines per hour and won the COPA “Service Excellence Award” after implementing Pick to Voice and cart picking across the country.
• Delivered $600K in incremental revenue from suppliers over five years by developing a branding and marketing program for the new truck fleet which also improved capacity, productivity, and driver satisfaction.
• Implemented a minimum order charge to increase order size and worked with sales and marketing to develop a campaign to benefit the environment, saving $500K annually.
• Reorganized warehouses at each of the eight distribution centers to improve capacity and operational efficiencies. Implemented routing technology (RoadNet) to further improve delivery capabilities.
Director, Operations – U.S. Central Region (2001 to 2006), Broomfield, Colorado
Led operations across a $1.2B region with full P&L and strategic planning responsibility across 11 divisions. Planned, developed, and implemented strategies to improve corporate performance and increase shareholder value. Presented action items to the executive management team and developed new business plans and practices. Tracked performance of all operations to ensure plan objectives were achieved on schedule and on budget.
• Worked with other regions in merging with USOP ($2B) to make CE the world’s largest office products and services company (now $4B). Ensured no business interruptions during merger.
• Assisted in leading a reorganization and reduction of five regions down to three as the Central Region grew from five to eleven divisions.
• Assisted in the implementation of Pick to Voice (P2V) and standardized WMS to improve service quality and the implementation of IP Telephony for Customer Service as well as disaster planning towards business continuity.
• Improved operations’ performance across the region from last place to first, becoming the best region in North America with warehouse and delivery costs consistently under 6%.
• Assisted the business recovery for the Gulf Coast division after Hurricane Katrina, finishing as the most profitable year for that division.
Director, Operations – Canada (1996 to 2001), Mississauga, Ontario
Led all operations and acquisitions across the region with full P&L responsibility for $300M. Standardized operations in all distribution centers to improve customer perception and implemented KPI’s across operations. Oversaw ISO certifications for four divisions. Improved working relationships within the divisions, thwarting union drives.
• Helped grow sales to $300M by integrating 16 acquisitions (total value $200M) seamlessly into the Canadian business model and became coast-to-coast with 4.5 time zones.
• Implemented standardized branding across the country for facilities, uniforms, corrugation and trucks. Achieved the best warehouse and delivery numbers for North America.
Today’s Business Products Ltd. (Lyreco Inc.) 1994 to 1996
$100M Canadian office products company.
Director, Logistics, Scarborough, Ontario
Led operations of all businesses across the country and planned, developed, and implemented strategies to improve corporate performance and increase shareholder value. Held full P&L and strategic planning responsibility for $100M. Worked closely with two unions that existed in Montreal and Toronto to minimize disruption to the business.
• Standardized operations and improved delivery/tracking to customers as well as service levels to over 98%.
Becton Dickinson and Company
1990 to 1994
$7B medical technology organization.
Director, Logistics – Canada, Mississauga, Ontario
Led operations and purchasing teams across manufacturing and distribution functions. Balanced raw material and finished goods inventories. Planned, developed, and implemented strategies to improve corporate performance and increase shareholder value with full P&L responsibility for the supply chain.
• Reduced inventory by nearly 50% (from $17M to $9M) by eliminating surplus distribution center.
-------Prior to 1990 ------------------
Operations and Plant Manager, Tri-Fab Mechanical and Associates Ltd.
Material Handling Engineer, Chrysler Motors
Various Positions, Caterpillar of Canada
Bachelor of Administrative Studies, York University, 1988 Toronto, Ontario
Bachelor of Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Ryerson University, 1985 Toronto, Ontario
Strategic Planning&Implementation Full P&L Responsibility
Operations Management Customer Service & Satisfaction Facility Consolidation
Quality Assurance Teambuilding & Leadership
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.