|Desired Industry: Computer Software/Programming
|Desired Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts
||Date Posted: 8/5/2010
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: Immediately
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 25-50%
|Highest Degree Attained: Doctoral
||Willing to Relocate:
Position in SQA
QA Lead/Manager of Software Quality Assurance Department 2004 Ė 2009
Citrix Systems, Inc., Ardence Inc., (acquired by Citrix; formerly Venturcom), Bedford, MA Worked as a test leader and front line manager, performed test planning, participated in hands-on testing and in test automation for all company products. Developed test strategy and test plans for the company products (Provisioning Server (PvS) and Embedded ones). Provided increased test coverage and high quality for every release within specified deadlines. Developed templates for test documentation in conformance with IEEE standards in order to increase efficiency of testing.
* Designed architecture for automated regression test suite for PvS based on use of virtual machines in distributed client/server environment. The test runs for nightly builds and automatically reports results providing major time savings comparing to manual testing.
* Developed unique test automation suite for high availability of PvS resources in a computer network, in the wake of component failures. Obtained statistical distributions of time to failover for PvS clients.
* Designed efficient test plans for web-based Citrix and Ardence License Managers, enabling the identification, investigation and fixing of numerous bugs.
* Established a certification program for software and hardware vendors which enabled them to reliably test their product for compatibility with PvS with minimal efforts.
* Increased the productivity of a team of quality assurance engineers by setting technical direction, training, tracking goals and objectives, and conducting performance reviews.
* Developed automated test framework which calculates statistical parameters for the boot time of PvS client. The framework provides superior precision compared to manual testing.
Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer, Consultant 2000-2004
Venturcom, Inc. Waltham, MA
Worked as individual contributor performing test planning, test automation and hands-on testing for all company products.
* Provided superior test coverage and data precision by developing a test automation framework for the time needed to reboot PvS clients and for the time needed to run standard tasks.
* Developed a test automation tool. Employed it to run an RTX (Real-Time Extension for Windows) test suite for RTX API and Run-Time libraries in .NET environment. Reduced the test duration by 3 times. Used this tool to simulate a userís activity in PvS stress tests.
* Designed efficient test plans for Venturcom Support web site, enabling the identification, investigation and fixing of numerous bugs.
* Reduced tests duration by 5-10 times and improved their accuracy by designing and implementing multiple test automation scripts for RTX installation and Real-Time TCP/IP.
* Designed and wrote efficient memory-intensive stress tests for RTX and PvS. Improved an existing generator of random numbers used for these tests.
Software Quality Assurance Engineer 1996-2000
EDS, Lowell, MA
* Designed efficient test plans for DECwindows Motif, Common Desktop Environment and heterogeneous OpenVMS file system, compatible with Windows NT, enabling the identification, investigation and fixing of numerous bugs.
* Designed and implemented multiple test automation scripts, which significantly reduced the duration of test cycles.
* Performed Y2K testing for DECwindows Motif and Common Desktop Environment.
Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA
* Designed algorithms and programs for the analysis of databases containing the disease follow-up data of the Nursesí Health Study.
Senior Programmer/Analyst 1992-1994
International Medical Center "Bonum", Yekaterinburg, Russia
* Performed statistical analysis and mathematical modeling of recovery of higher nervous activity after facial surgery providing valuable recommendations for physicians.
Senior Software Engineer, Software Engineer, Programmer/Analyst 1976-1992
Institute of Applied Chemistry, Yekaterinburg, Russia
* Created mathematical models, algorithms and programs for over 50 various technological processes. Optimized productions of fluoride salts reducing the amount of toxic waste by 35%.
Ph.D. in Engineering and Applied Mathematics, Ural Technical University, Yekaterinburg, Russia
M.S. in Mathematics and Computer Science, Ural University, Yekaterinburg, Russia
B.S. in Physics and Mathematics, Ural University, Yekaterinburg, Russia
Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
Software Quality Assurance professional with extensive experience in test planning, designing test automation frameworks, hands-on testing and managing engineering teams, both onshore and offshore. Solid background in test strategies, quality standards, testing techniques and software development life cycle, including Agile model. Broad knowledge of data analysis, mathematical modeling and simulation. A hard-working, highly motivated, innovative professional and impactful people manager. Very successful track record of providing high quality of software.
PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES, DATABASE SYSTEMS, TOOLS, SOFTWARE
C/C++/C#, Visual Basic, Windows Scripting Language, Perl, SQL, MS Access, SharePoint, Quick Test Pro, WinRunner, Test Director, WinTask, PICT (Pairwise Independent Combinatorial Testing tool), MATLAB, SAS, SYSMark, Perforce, MS SourceSafe, Soffront Track (a bug tracking system); VMWare, XenServer
Windows 2008 Server/Vista/2003 Server/XP/XP Embedded/2000; Linux, UNIX (SunOS, X Windows, Motif), Open VMS
IBM PC, Sun Workstation, Alpha Workstation, Dell PowerEdge servers, SAN, HP Proliant servers, IBM blade servers
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.