Accounting, Treasury, Finance, Tax Resume
|Desired Industry: Accounting/Bookkeeping
|Desired Job Location: Chicago, Illinois
||Date Posted: 7/29/2010
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained: Masters
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
9/2004 – 6/2010 Highway Technologies, Inc, (Formerly United Rentals NYSE Symbol URI) Oak Brook, IL
10/2009 – 06/2010 Finance Manager Supply Chain – Fleet www.highwaytech.net
· Mapped fleet processes; identified key internal controls & control improvement opportunities.
· Identified and documented opportunity to reduce fleet, annual savings of $ 288 K. .
· Business lead on development of an OLAP fleet financial analysis tool.
· Developed & maintained a SharePoint based process using statistical sampling methodology with users across 30 locations to measure fleet compliance with DOT safety regulations.
08/2007 – 10/09 Treasury Manager
· Supervised new customer credit process, payables, and cash applications functions (staff of 6) recruitment to review, manage bank relationships, administer wire & ACH transfer activity.
· Implemented epayables/ACH accounts payable payment solution annual savings $ 300 K.
· Vendor evaluation & selection (1) check guarantee service; (2) credit reporting company, saving $ 32 K annual; (3) collection agency, reducing collection costs 5%; (4) AP recovery service resulting in $ 200 K recovery,
· Developed branch A/R metrics; defined & documented treasury & credit processes & policies. Planned & conducted bi-weekly branch AR calls (15 + locations). Authored corporate credit policy. Managed credit approval and review of credit worthiness of active customers.
· Created bonus incentive plan for collection staff.
· Developed credit risk model for AR portfolio to identify customers developing credit problems.
· Flowcharted Treasury & A/P processes. Prepared business case & presentation to executive management to centralize AP function. Initiated AP post audit system. Administered purchase card, travel expense & merchant card systems.
09/2004 – 08/2007 Senior Regional Accountant
· Perform branch office audits for Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) business process compliance.
· Inventories: assessed risk, planned, trained (100 + individuals) reconciled, and prepared quantity & dollar rolls for 50+ locations for parts, merchandise, & equipment.
· Budgeting – analyze annual district and branch office budget plans, operational audits.
· Month end close. Account reconciliations. Analyzed inventory transactions, obsolete inventory & shrink reserve analysis. Analyzed inventory quantity and dollar variances.
· Transitioned sales & property tax work from former corporate parent to new stand-alone entity including vendor evaluation and selection for various outsourced services.
1/2006 – Present (2007 – Present) Benedictine University, Lisle, IL
(2007) Elmhurst College, Center for Business and Economics, Elmhurst, IL
(2006-2007) Elgin Community College, Elgin, IL
(2006) Aurora University, Dunham School of Business Aurora, IL
Adjunct Professor of Accounting
· Taught individual tax, financial, managerial, intermediate, and cost accounting courses, supervised VITA volunteers’ e filing of 154 tax returns.
Feb-April 2005, 2004, ’03, ‘02, ‘01, ‘00 American Express Tax & Bus. Services, Naperville, IL 60540
Seasonal Tax Preparer
Research & prepare federal and state income tax returns for high-income individuals.
11/2000 – 9/2004 Symons Corporation, sub of Dayton Superior, Des Plaines, IL 600018 www.symons.com
Business Financial Analyst
· Prepare monthly reporting package (P & L, balance sheet, statement of cash flows, cash gap, financial highlights, period cost analysis) for a 20+ branch manufacturing and rental company.
· Fixed asset accounting, analyze & reconcile notes receivable, prepaid, allocate revenue to branch offices. Audit schedules, tax accruals & prepaid, month end close. Administer & post payroll files to G/L. Analyze sales registers for standard cost, price, & invoice margin problems.
· Evaluate capital projects using DCF (discounted cash flow), NPV (net present value), & lease-buy tools. Variance analysis on SG&A items.
· Primary responsibility for all facets of sales & use for all Dayton Superior Companies (5 entities, all states including Canada). Responsibilities included train and supervise compliance effort (staff of one), correspond with tax authorities, tax research & audits.
§ Reduced penalties assessed by tax authorities by $ 60,000
· Prepare state income tax apportionment schedules, abstract data for property tax returns including Texas Freeport Exemption, Florida Intangibles, escheat & business license returns, Nevada Business Tax, Seattle B&O return, & others. Section 263A UNICAP, Federal Heavy Vehicle Return, year-end tax reporting package.
8/1996 – 12/2000 Rockwell Electronic Commerce Corp., Wood Dale, IL 60191 (NYSE ROK)
· Support asset accounting for $60MM fixed asset base (U.S. & Canadian)
· Analyze & set reserves; generate period-end schedules; calculate inter-company profit for fixed asset inter-company sales; translate foreign affiliate property accounts for consolidation; resolve accounting issues related to consolidation for corporate books. Month end and year end close.
Department data mining expert for ad-hoc Oracle browser queries/reports
· Sales, Use, & Property tax compliance/research/audit for all U.S.& Canadian jurisdictions
· Identified, documented & successfully contested an increase in real estate tax assessment, resulting in $75,000 annual savings
Project Mgmt & Functional Lead on Oracle Assets and Taxware Implementation project(s)
· Authored process flowcharts, functional descriptions, configuration setups; mapped legacy-to-Oracle data conversion; investigated and reconciled conversion exceptions. Defined, populated, and executed fixed asset system acceptance testing Targeted go-live date was met on time and within budget
1/1995 – 8/1996 Wil-Freds Construction Inc. Aurora, IL 60505
· Prepare draw requests: AIA702, sworn statement & schedule of values, waivers, etc.
Identified & collected $203,500 in un-billed costs on a cost plus contract
6/1992 – 1/1995 Springfield Services, Inc. Chicago, IL 60608
6/1991 – 5/1992 Internal Revenue Service, Internal Audit Division Lisle, IL 60532
· Identified, evaluated, and reported upon internal controls & weaknesses
M.S.A. Taxation Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL
M.B.A. University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL
B. A. Grand Valley State University, Allendale, MI
Certified Public Accountant
Certified Treasury Professional
The Edcomm Group, Inc. Banker’s Academy External Subject Matter Expert
7/2010 – Present Member, Wheaton Public Library Board of Trustees
· Worked with nine other trustees to manage all aspects of the library’s operations
including oversight of a $ 3 million dollar budget; operating policies; hours of operations;
programs, and collections in excess of 350,000 items. Trustees are nominated by the
Mayor and confirmed by the Wheaton City Council.
(10/2007 – 7/2010) City of Wheaton Historic Commission member
(07/2009 – present) Du Page PADS (Public Action to Deliver Shelter) volunteer
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.