Veterinary Assistant Resume
|Desired Industry: Pet Care/Animal Care
|Desired Job Location: Denver, Colorado
||Date Posted: 6/18/2010
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: ASAP
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: New Grad/Entry Level
||Willing to Travel:
|Highest Degree Attained: Other
||Willing to Relocate:
A hard working and fast learning Veterinary Assistant recently graduated from Pima Medical Institute. To obtain a position as a Veterinary Assistant where I can continue to learn and grow with a reputable practice.
Columbine Animal Hospital, Littleton, CO (March 2010 - April 2010)
· Demonstrated the ability to learn quickly and work within a team environment.
· Efficient in animal restraint techniques.
· Proficient in lab preparation, hematology, urinalysis, fecals, and ear cytology.
· Excelled in administering injections, blood draws and vaccinations.
· Performed periodontal procedures independently.
· Surgical assistance, anesthesia and IV catheter placement.
· Performed and assisted with X-rays, nail trims and all treatments of patients.
· Cleaned and maintained the holding areas for all animals.
Veterinary Assistant Certificate (2009/2010)
Pima Medical Institute, Denver, Colorado
Completed Externship-240 hours
Columbine Animal Hospital, Littleton, Colorado
· Laboratory procedures
· Fluid therapy
· Physical exams
· IDEXX · Safety precautions
· Animal prep
· Post-op care
· Sterilization procedures
· Parasitology studies
· Patient education
· Appointment Scheduling · Telephone triage
· Client relations
· Veterinary terminology
· CPR certified
· HIPAA/OSHA certification
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.