Senior Plumbing Designer Resume
|Desired Industry: Engineering
|Desired Job Location: Clifton Park, New York
||Date Posted: 4/30/2010
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained:
||Willing to Relocate: Undecided
Highly competitive, visionary senior plumbing designer with over 20 year of experience in plumbing, medical gas, and fire protection system design. A perfectionist with proven track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding corporate goals and expectations; orchestrating successful negotiations with clients; and leveraging profit growth. Adept at developing non-traditional solutions to advance non-productive practices into dynamic and profitable operations. Accustomed to delivering excellent customer service that consistently captures utmost customer satisfaction. Well conversant in English.
Manager, Plumbing / Fire Protection Group, M/E ENGINEERING, P.C. ~ Albany, NY Apr 2008-Present
- Oversee all facets of design and production for all company’s projects while supervising a four-person department.
- Administer QC review to all plumbing and fire protection documents created by Albany personnel.
- Analyze and assess facility systems performance and condition to produce due diligence reports.
- Skilfully review schematic design documents to produce construction cost estimates.
- Execute regular training and provide technical assistance for designers.
- Design and render high quality K-12, higher education, and healthcare projects as well as provide construction administration services.
- Apply knowledge of MicroStation V8 XM to accomplish some CAD production.
Local Discipline Leader & Senior Designer, EYP ARCH & ENGINEERING ~ Albany, NY Mar 2007-Apr 2008
- Supervised the production and design of all projects for three-person department.
- Acted as lead plumbing/fire protection designer for a 360,000 sq.ft. combined residence hall and academic building for the University of Michigan with a construction budget of $175 million.
- Effectively completed most of CAD production through AutoCAD 2007.
Plumbing/Fire Protection Practice Leader, Project Manager, Associate, OWP/P ENGINEERS INC. ~ Phoenix, AZ Nov 2001-Mar 2007
- Effectually rendered technical assistance to a three-person department in constructing highly complex systems design for health care projects.
- Productively managed creation and documentation of all plumbing, medical gas, and fire protection designs.
- Diligently generated man-hour projections and staff’s individual performance plans.
- Competently conducted evaluations of site systems; produced and submitted due diligence findings to multiple health care clients.
- Personally created the first template for City of Phoenix Medical Gas Systems Engineers reports.
- Served as the P.I.P.E. Medical Gas Advisory Board’s chairman.
Engineering Director of Operations, OWP/P ENGINEERS INC. ~ Phoenix, AZ Mar 2003-Nov 2005
- Implemented sales and revenue objectives for the engineering team as well as projected expected monthly revenue for every project.
- Conducted comprehensive review on all monthly project invoices as well as approved these invoices.
- Constructed and impressively enforced standard operating procedures tor engineering personnel.
- Constructed precise contracts, proposals, and internal work authorization documents.
- Interfaced with clients to coordinate all aged-account collections.
- Proactively engaged in tracking progress of all projects to ascertain effort, fee, and percent complete balance.
- Created, implemented, and sustained a 3-step quality control process.
- Responsibly directed a 16-person MEP engineering department.
Director of Project Management, OWP/P ENGINEERS INC. ~ Phoenix, AZ Mar 2003-Nov 2005
- Assisted project managers with staffing and manpower projections, budgets allocations, expense estimations, and project scheduling.
- Facilitated an improved training and supervision to the four-person project management staff.
Plumbing/Fire Protection Department Manager, Project Manager, SMITH SECKMAN REID INC. ~ Phoenix, AZ Jun 2000-Nov 2001
- Delivered comprehensive review of all design while providing assistance to a five-person department.
- Responsibly oversaw the plumbing, medical gas, and fire protection system design for multiple health care, schools, institutional, and commercial facilities.
- Pivotal in negotiating with proprietors, clients, and contractors; performed on site surveys and evaluations of current facilities.
- Performed submittals and shop drawing review and approval.
Sr. Plumbing/Fire Protection Designer/Project Manager, Elwood S. Tower Corporation ~ Pittsburgh, PA Aug 1998-Jun 2000
Senior Mechanical Designer/Associate, L.D. Astorino, Inc. ~ Pittsburgh, PA Jun 1995-Sep 1998
AMERICAN SOCIETY OF PLUMBING ENGINEERS, Pittsburgh, PA
Certified in Plumbing Engineering (CIPE) Certification (1998) | Certified Plumbing Designer (CPD) Certification | ASPE Capital Region NY Chapter Presidents Award
NATIONAL INSPECTION TESTING CERTIFICATION (NITC), Phoenix, AZ
ASSE 6020 Medical Gas Inspector Certification (Recertified in 2007)
PENNSYLVANIA DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL RESOURCES, Pittsburgh, PA
Inspector/Installer Certification for Fuel Oil Tanks and Piping Systems (1990)
American Society of Plumbing Engineers, (ASPE)
American Society of Healthcare Engineers, (ASHE)
Medical Gas Professional Healthcare Organization, (MGPHO)
National Fire Protection Association, (NFPA)
PRESENTATION, COMMUNICATION & NEGOTIATION SKILLS
Past Editorial Board Member, Medical Construction and Design magazine
Former Chairman, P.I.P.E. (Piping Industry Progress Education Fund) Medical Gas Committee in Phoenix, AZ
Monthly Trainer, Plumbing Department uses PowerPoint presentations
Taught medical gas codes and standards in NYS Department of State accredited class
Creator, Webmaster for the Capital Region New York Chapter of ASPE (www.aspenycap.org)
Developer and manager, Non-profit organization the conducts archery deer hunts for municipalities, Pittsburgh PA, 1996-2000
Creator, Presentations for new clients and manage the organizations website (www.wmapgh.com)
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.