Accounting/Financial Analyst Resume
|Desired Industry: Accounting/Bookkeeping
|Desired Job Location: boca raton, Florida
||Date Posted: 3/6/2010
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, More Than 75%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: No
To become an integral and valuable member within a team environment
Financial professional with over 15 years experience in Accounting and Financial Management. Extensive experience in producing customized profit & loss statements, in-depth financial analysis and interactive spreadsheet modeling for budgets and forecasting. Highly successful in building relationships with upper-level decision makers, seizing control of critical problem areas, and delivering on all reporting needs.
Financial Statement Integrity * Forecasting & Budget Control * Advanced Spreadsheet Modeling * Staff Management & Development * Reporting Needs Assessment * Cash Flow Management *
* Operations Management * Strategic Partnerships * Organic Business Growth
---------------- PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE ----------------
Be A Star Interactive, LLC, Palm Beach County, Florida - A special effects video and photography studio, using green screen technology, offering a wide range of virtual theme based products.
05/2009-Present: Entrepreneur/ Consultant
Developed overall business plan including product development, financial planning with interactive forecasting tools, marketing and the operation's implementation strategy. Implemented processes and controls and set up QuickBooks in conjunction with comprehensive customized financial reporting.
Highlands Capital Group, Inc., Fort Lauderdale, Florida – Real estate leasing and development company with multiple operations in Florida and Texas ($5M in Revenue).
09/2006-01/2009: Controller/Financial Analyst
Overall authority for the financial operations of the organization including financial statement integrity, operations analysis, staff development and budget administration.
• Created pre-formatted Excel spreadsheets that integrate with QuickBooks automating customized financials and detailed financial analysis.
• Developed interactive spreadsheet modeling for the budget and forecasting process allowing for departmental participation and accountability.
• Streamlined credit card merchant services for 10 locations realizing a cost saving of over 10% on credit card merchant fees.
• Automated and streamlined accounting control systems from manual system, realizing over 20% decrease in unauthorized credits and costly errors in writing up lease contracts.
• Realigned staffing, at the locations level, resulting in reduced labor costs of 20% while maintaining the same level of customer service.
The NexStore, LLC, Boca Raton, Florida – Recruited by reputable entrepreneurs in the field of developing and operating business operations including restaurants, gas stations and real estate.
05/2006-04/2007: Accounting Consultant
• Updated multiple companies accounting systems (QuickBooks) to conform to GAAP.
• Created customized forecasting tools incorporating interactive variables allowing for a variety of scenarios and outcomes.
• Implemented an inventory accounting system providing COS margins for over 500 food items.
• Automated consolidated cash flow reporting/analysis for multiple companies.
ALAN SCHULMAN – Page 2
World Avenue, LLC, Boca Raton, Florida – A high volume internet advertising company, new to the industry, with over $200M in annual billings.
08/2004 – 05/2006: Accounting Manager
Recruited to straighten out the financial aspect of this new company that had generated no financial information since inception. Challenged to lead the team in fixing disputed multi-million dollar invoices, identify unbilled activity, implement processes and controls and data-mine the proprietary system providing in-depth financial analysis and integration with the financial system.
• Implemented a fully comprehensive financial reporting system, by integrating internally developed systems with Company’s purchased financial package, allowing for customized financial reporting.
• Designed and implemented an interactive company-wide budget and forecasting system.
• Resolved more than $10 million of disputed invoices by authenticating agreements, implemented a detailed invoice audit process and provided supportable client statements validating collection efforts.
• Developed and implemented a credit/collections management system, with interactive capability, bringing in over $4 million of over 120 days outstanding.
Zimmerman & Partners Advertising, Inc., Ft. Lauderdale, Florida - A full service advertising and marketing provider with research and planning from 11 regional offices with over $1.25 billion in annual capitalized billings.
02/2000 – 08/2004: Finance Manager / Budgets and Forecasting
Customized all areas of financial reporting, for corporate and subsidiaries, from budget implementation to generating divisional profit & loss statements.
• Using interactive spreadsheet modeling, managed the company-wide budget and forecasting process from inception to comprehensive analysis on achieving financial objectives.
• Recognized for successfully providing comprehensive reporting on 5 divisions and consolidating fully customized P&L's for the 3 subsidiaries and corporate.
• Developed a revenue analysis system providing historical and trend analysis, by division and for over 500 clients, to support forecasting, monitoring and evaluation.
Latexx Partners, Inc., Boca Raton, Florida – Start up importer and national distributor of latex medical supplies with 3 primary divisions and 7 national distribution points..
01/1995 - 02/2000: Accounting Manager
Promoted to oversee and control all financial aspects for this Malaysian held company taking it from startup to $16.5 million profitable sales within 3 years. Strategically set up national distribution points, managed the transportation function and ensured sufficient inventory availability.
• Designed and maintained a complete financial and operational package highlighting customized financial statements and robust management reporting.
• Capitalized on the direct relationship with manufacture providing distributor partners with credit limits and an effective pricing structure designed to penetrate competitive markets.
Bachelor of Arts – Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, Florida – Major Accounting.
Bachelor of Arts – Saint Leo College, Saint Leo, University – Major Finance.
With over 15 years experience encompassing a unique blend of consulting and corporate accounting, including G.L. maintenance, detailed financial analysis, in-depth evaluation of budget to actual variances and staff development, I ensure the integrity of financial reporting with full confidence.
My distinction, is in my advanced Excel/Access systems skills that allow me to data-mine operational and financial sources and provide fully customized and vital reporting to those making strategic decisions for the company.
Highlights of my qualifications include:
• Using interactive spreadsheet modeling, I effectively manage the entire budget and forecasting process from inception to comprehensive variance analysis.
• The foresight to monitor daily activities with a focus on reducing unnecessary costs and operational inefficiencies while implementing strategic initiatives for improvements.
• Proven troubleshooting skills with ability to research, identify and implement creative problem-solving solutions.
• Dedicated to providing superior service throughout company's organization by responding to request, suggestions, or concerns; able to effectively communicate at all levels.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.