Embedded Software Engineer Resume
|Desired Industry: Computer Software/Programming
|Desired Job Location: Toronto, Ontario
||Date Posted: 3/2/2010
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||U.S. Work Authorization:
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained: Masters
||Willing to Relocate: No
Embedded Software / Firmware Engineer position in Toronto / GTA area.
08/00 - present Staff Engineer - IC design, Broadcom Canada, Markham, ON
(former ATI Technologies, then Advanced Micro Devices,
* Design verification and debugging various HW blocks of Broadcom DTV
System on Chip (I2C, SPI, FLASH, MIPS, EJTAG and etc).
* Developing SW tools for HW blocksverification of the (C/C#/Assembler).
* Created and maintained test software suite for Xilleon Video Processor
design verification (block level), chip qualification and low level
drivers for the block (C/C++ on PC and MIPS platforms). Contributed
to system level test software development.
* Firmware development for Video Processor block of the Xilleon DTV chips.
* Debugging HW design using emulator, simulator and C-model code.
* Developed real time FW debugging, test generation and research software
tools (VB, C, VB.NET, C#).
* Created and executed test plans, provided test status reports and SW
tool user manuals.
05/00 - 08/00 Software Engineer, Hydrogenics Corp., Woodbridge, ON
* Modified and customized PC software for Fuel Cell Automated Test Stations
(FCATS) for automotive and other markets.
* Designed CAN driver for communication between large (80kW) station and
customerís remote control system.
* Developed application to simulate Field Point FP1000/1001 National
Instruments controller in order to debug and test FCATS software without
real controller hardware.
02/98 - 06/00 Firmware Engineer, Scintrex Ltd., Concord, ON
* Firmware development for portable geophysical automatic resistivity
measurement system and gravity meter (Assembler, C on Motorola 68XXX
* Designed graphic LCD controller firmware, communication protocol and
instrumentís graphic user interfaces (Assembler and C for PIC17CXX).
* Developed various utility applications for PC - Instrument data exchange
and production/service testing (C, VB).
* Digital and analog hardware prototyping, bring up, debugging and testing
08/97 - 02/98 Software Engineer, SS Technologies Inc., Kitchener, ON
* Ported DeviceNet Slave firmware to Siemens C167 micro-controller platform.
* Developed test software for Modicon PLC Direct Link PCI Card.
05/91 - 06/97 System Engineer, Barkai Ltd, Ramat-Gan, Israel (barkai.com)
* Developed numerous software applications for PC control and monitoring
of audio-visual, lighting, communication and security systems, touch
panel applications (MMI) and control programs for Remote Control Systems.
* Designed digital and analog hardware for security, control, communication
and audio-visual systems (micro-controller and interface boards,
programmable devices) and developed firmware for the devices.
* Modified firmware and hardware of imported audio-visual and control
equipment to meet requirements of the local market.
* Supervised installation and integration teams on various institutional
sites such as government offices, banks, hospitals and nursing homes,
hotels, shopping malls and security establishments. Provided technical
support and documentation to sales and service departments.
09/84 - 10/90 Senior Service Engineer, Souzmedservice, Moscow, Russia
* Performed installation, calibration, troubleshooting and repair to the
component level complex medical and scientific equipment (ultrasound
scanners, monitoring systems, ECG/EEG/EMG) of world's major manufacturers.
* Trained customers (doctors, nurses and technicians) and junior service
08/83 - 09/84 Electronics Engineer, Metrology Scientific Research Institute,
* Developed and integrated HW of the high precision optoelectronic system
for small vibration measurements.
* Responsible for equipment verification and reports preparation.
09/78 - 06/83 MSEE, Academy of Oil and Gas Industry, Automation and Computer
Science Department, Moscow, Russia
Languages & OS: C, C#, C++, Assembler, Visual Basic, VB.NET, Windows,
LINUX, DOS, UNIX.
Software & VCS: MS Visual Studio, MS Office, ORCAD, Clear Case, Perforce.
Hardware: PC, MIPS, Motorola 68XXX/68XX, Intel 80C5X, Siemens
C166/167, Microchip 16CXX/17CXX, PLCs (Modicon, Field Point,
Crestron), logic analyzers, scopes, emulators and etc.)
Protocols: DeviceNet, CAN, Modbus, Profibus, RS232/422/485, I2C, SPI,
Fluent (speak, read and write) in English, Russian, Hebrew.
Canadian citizen (since Feb 2000).
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.