|Desired Industry: Newspaper/Magazine
|Desired Job Location: Fayetteville, Arkansas
||Date Posted: 2/15/2010
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 02/15/2010
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained:
||Willing to Relocate:
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• More than 15 years experience in print advertising design.
• 8+ years experience managing creative staff at a daily news publication.
• Manage multiple projects at once, with keen attention to deadlines while producing eye-catching layouts.
• Ability to see big picture impact of proposed actions.
2000-2010 Northwest Arkansas Newspapers LLC, Fayetteville, AR
Co-Mgr., Creative Services, Oct. 2009-Jan. 2010
Combined Production Manager, Creative Services, Oct. 2000 – Oct.2009
Graphic Artist, Feb. 2000 – Oct. 2000
• Co-managed advertising design staff for 4 daily newspapers and several weekly newspapers.
• Managed advertising design staff for multiple sites in NW Arkansas.
• Guided transition to new classified pagination software for 9 weekly publications.
• Instrumental in end-user training and development of inter-departmental function of
• Coordinated design of special advertising sections for internal and external clients.
• Interacted with advertising agencies regarding creative materials for all NWA publications.
• Analyzed submitted advertising materials for optimal reproduction and resolved any sub-par
quality issues for the same.
1999-2000 Community Publishers, Inc., Bentonville, AR
Classified Paginator, Graphic Artist, Creative Leader
• Promoted to creative leadership role at weekly newspaper.
• Produced page layouts with news and advertising content. Delivered same to printing facility.
• Produced retail and classified display advertising for daily and weekly news publication.
• Produced classified pages for daily news publication.
1993-1999 National Home Centers, Inc., Springdale, AR
Graphic Artist, Printing Press Operator, Fulfillment Coordinator for In-House Print Shop
• Created retail and classified display advertising as well as office forms.
• Created initial designs for advertising circular pages within production deadlines.
• Reviewed stock status for items buyers wanted to include in ROP/advertising circulars.
• Obtained product information from computer database or alternate source.
• Output film for use in printing advertising circulars.
• Fulfilled requests for in-store signage from in-house print shop.
• Printed business cards, in-store signs, forms and some sales pieces (1, 2 & 4 color).
1992-1993 Rogers Morning News, Rogers, AR
Proof Dispatch, In-House Proofreading, Graphic Artist
• Created retail and classified display advertising for daily news publication.
• Dispatched advertising proofs via fax and in person.
• Proofread advertising for spelling, punctuation, size and related errors.
1990-1992 Community Publishers, Inc., Bentonville, AR
Customer Service, Page Production, Graphic Artist
• Answered subscriber calls in circulation department.
• Logged complaints and start/stop requests from subscribers into computer system.
• Designed retail and classified advertising for daily news publication.
• Manually assembled tiled news pages, shot PMTs for new pages and made edits as directed.
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.