|Desired Industry: Warehouse/Inventory
|Desired Job Location: port orchard, Washington
||Date Posted: 12/10/2009
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
|Desired Wage: 32,000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel:
|Highest Degree Attained: High School/Equivalent
||Willing to Relocate: Undecided
A position in shipping and receiving that will utilize my extensive warehousing experience.
US Navy, Bremerton Washington
Building Manager/ Combined Bachelor Housing, 2001-2004
- Verified materials (or merchandise) against receiving documents, noting and reporting discrepancies and obvious damages, routing materials to prescribed storage locations; storing, stacking, or palletizing materials in accordance with prescribed storage methods, rearranging and taking inventory of stored materials, examining stored materials and reporting deterioration and damage, removing material from storage and preparing it for shipment. Operated hand and power trucks ( forklift ) in performing warehousing duties.
Identified hazardous material (HAZMAT); verified material safety; processed material issued from stock; verified materials for special handling; generated shipping documents; performed inventory; Organizes stowage; Monitors warehouse for proper stowage; Corrects disputes with vendors; Maintains receipt records and accountability of controlled material.
US Navy, Bremerton Washington
Supply Manager/ Combined Bachelor Housing, 1994-1997
- Directly responsible for 200 line items and the budget in excess of $4.5 million in support of 1,006 rooms serving over 2,000 enlisted personnel and officers. Planned, organized, and executed the receipt, stowage, and issue of furnishings and equipment for five major Bachelor Housing operations located within the Northwest Region. Led the implementation and installation of the most current bar coding system in the region. Properly recorded 18,329 material assets for the Regional Bachelor Housing.
US Navy, USS John C. Stennis (CVN 74), Bremerton Washington
Chief Of The Guard/ Security Department, 2005-2009
- Directly contributed to the protection of more than 6,000 sailors and Carrier Strike Group Three assets through deployment to the Seventh Fleet. Dedicated leader and a key player in security department earning the Black " S " award and Commander, Third Fleet nomination for the 2008 DOD best Anti-Terrorism program (deployed ship) award. Trained and qualified 15 personnel in Entry Control and Vehicle Inspection procedures, Increasing watch bill flexibility and security force capability.
- Provided waterborne and land security, aircraft and flight line security, strategic weapons and cargo security, maritime security and platform protection. Conducted customs operations, corrections operations, detainee operations, and protective service operations; Performed force protection, physical security for former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin and many other VP's that visited the ship.
- Qualified Expert shooter in small arms and assault weapons.
- Certified in the use of OC spray.
- Trained in diffusing hostile situations.
- Helped diffuse conflicts in a public environment with regard to everyone's safety.
- Monitored restricted personnel in correctional facility to ensure they remain in detention.
- Experienced in handling confidential material.
US Navy, USS Nimitz (CVN 68), Bremerton Washington
Supply DC Petty Officer/ Supply Department, 1993-1994
-Trained and qualified 5 shipboard personnel in proper damage control procedures. Instructed personnel during damage control fire parties the techniques of damage control and CBR defense. Performed organizational and intermediate level maintenance and repair of damage control equipment and systems using ships blueprints, damage control books and technical manuals. Planned, supervised and performed tasks necessary for damage control, ship stability, preservation of watertight integrity, fire fighting and chemical, biological and radiological (CBR) warfare defense. Operated and maintained portable and installed fire fighting, counter measure wash down, ventilation, dewatering, air test equipment and damage control life support devices. Supervised and performed tasks in procurement, inventory and issuance of supplies and repair parts.
Parkrose High School, Portland, OR
Harley Owners Group; Harley Davidson Silverdale, WA. Chapter.
- Performed all basic seamanship functions aboard ships that involve line or wire and rigging used to secure the ship to a pier, mooring, or anchor.
- Handled small boats
- Knows the nomenclature of decks, superstructures, and parts of the hull.
- Knows the purpose and limitations of first aid and the first aid treatments for electrical shock, simple and compound fractures, heat exhaustion, heat stroke, and burns.
- Knows how to determine the classes of fire hoses and how to use carbon dioxide, dry chemical, and water portable fire extinguishers.
- Auto mechanical; 20 yrs
- Carpentry; 25 yrs
- General electrical; 20 yrs
- Forklift Driver; 20 yrs
- Served in the United States Navy for 20 years.
- Saved a young teenage boy's life in 2003.
- Able to help out over 20 pregnant sailors by collecting and donating baby items and accessories ranging from cribs, strollers, swings, and diapers.
- Received: Navy Commendation Medal, Navy & Marine Corps Achievement Medal, Navy Unit Commendation, Navy Meritorious Unit Commendation, Navy Battle " E ", Navy Good Conduct Medal, National Defense Service Medal, SW Asia Service Medal, Kosovo Campaign Medal, Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Sea Service Deployment Ribbon, Navy/Marine Corps Overseas Service Ribbon, Nato Medal, Kuwait Liberation Medal, Navy Rifleman, Navy Pistol Shot "E".
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.