Product Manager, Director, Sales Manager Resume
|Desired Industry: Farming/Ranching/Agriculture
|Desired Job Location: SALT LAKE CITY, Utah
||Date Posted: 9/29/2009
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel:
|Highest Degree Attained: Masters
||Willing to Relocate:
THOMSON REUTERS (FORMERLY REUTERS) – SALT LAKE CITY, UT
PRODUCT MANAGER 2006-PRESENT
Assume full accountability for the successful definition, development, testing, launch and management of multiple financial graphics software products for delivery into Thomson Reuters institutional products, such as Xtra, Knowledge for Wealth Management and the Commodities & Energy Group. Visit global investment banking and investment management firms, hedge funds and wealth managers. Gather information designed for requirements definition, functional specifications development, competitive analysis and strategic planning. Serve as primary financial graphics point of contact for product managers across United States, Europe and Asia. Act as internal consultant for financial graphics necessary within Thomson Reuters. Oversee the entire product line lifecycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Effectively controlled and managed numerous institutional charting/financial software products.
- Identified market requirements for both current and future products through market research, competitive analysis and through the input from Thomson Reuters product integrator teams.
- Successfully drove solution set across development teams through market requirements, product functional specifications, product contract, launch and positioning.
- Defined, specified and drove development and launch of two analytic software products throughout the entire product lifecycle, including market analysis, requirements gathering, user-case definition, product definition, specifications, project management, prototyping, quality/performance testing, change control, risk management and launch activities, which accumulated estimated incremental revenue of approximately $20M for the first product and more than $300M in projected revenue for the second product.
ACG, LLC –SALT LAKE CITY, UT
PRINCIPAL/ CHIEF INVESTMENT STRATEGIST 2004-2006
Played an integral role in the successful planning and launch of ACG, a Registered Investment Advisory firm. Served as registered Investment Advisor in Denver, Colorado and Salt Lake City, Utah offices. Carried out business development as well as directed and managed all capital market research and portfolio management business activities. Created, wrote and applied company investment philosophy, strategy and training curriculum.
- Singlehandedly managed various portfolios of institutional and individual clients.
- Collaborated in the successful conception, planning and launch of firm’s Website.
- Initiated and implemented the innovative investment management process based on a proprietary blend of fundamental, economic and technical analyses.
- Conceptualized distinctive and innovative asset allocation strategy for foundations and endowments.
TD WATERHOUSE INVESTOR SERVICES, INC. –SALT LAKE CITY, UT
VICE PRESIDENT | BRANCH MANAGER 1995-2004
Oversaw NASD member firm branch office to conform to all NASD, SEC and NYSE regula¬tions. Directed multiple investment advisors focusing on core mission of increasing assets under management and exceeding productivity, development, efficiency and financial targets. Led and controlled daily production meetings, as well as conducted group and individual sales coaching and training sessions. Analyzed extensive branch, firm and competitor sales statistics in order to develop strategy and lead sales force. Facilitated training sessions and educational seminars. Handled book of business consisting of branch’s largest clients, which exceeded $100M total assets.
- Spearheaded a series of firm-wide management projects targeted to training, operational efficiencies improvement, risk management and production increase.
- Added to existing training efforts to develop marketing, business development, consultative sales, capital market structure and advanced option strategies.
- Presided over multiple firm-wide leadership and management committees, as well as participated in firm-wide committees and programs focused on training initiatives, product development, process enhancements and firm productivity improvement.
- Spearheaded the regional quality-assurance/rewards and recognition program.
- Developed the asset retention program within the branch, and won the firm’s contest for highest number of most assets trained.
MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (Graduated with honors), REGIS UNIVERSITY -DENVER, CO
BACHELOR OF ARTS IN ECONOMICS, COLORADO STATE UNIVERSITY -FT. COLLINS, CO
Passed Level I CFA exam
Candidate for CAIA (Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst) designation, Current
Pragmatic Marketing Certified (Certified in fundamentals of Pragmatic Marketing, the industry standard in Technology Product Management and Marketing Education)
- Colorado State University Alumni Association
- Regis University Alumni Association
- Utah Product Management Association
- Pragmatic Marketing Alumni Association
- NFA (National Futures Association)
- Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst Association
EXECUTIVE | INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT
Competent, solution-oriented and seasoned professional equipped with verifiable management experience in areas like investments, financial planning, project/product management, compliance, risk management, sales, financial analysis, business development and coaching within sales and trading environments. Adept at utilizing consultative selling techniques that accentuate and address customer needs with solutions combining products and services.
Highly familiar with all facets of business operations, including market opportunities identification, effectual product strategies development, marketing, tactical activities, high-stakes negotiation, financial and capital markets, financial reporting process and analysis of different markets, including stocks, commodities, currencies and bonds.
Proven track record of combining consistent leadership and financial acumen with sound business practices to achieve profitable results and customer satisfaction. Renowned for the ability in identifying continuous change actions to reduce cost, enhance quality and increase margins. Proven talent in identifying and resolving problems proactively.
Well versed in English with working knowledge of Spanish. Proficient in various computer applications, including MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook), MS Project and MS Visio.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- HIGH-END SALES MANAGEMENT
- PUBLIC SPEAKING
- FINANCIAL MARKETS ANALYSIS
- PRODUCT MANAGEMENT
- STRATEGIC PLANNING
- PROFITABILITY IMPROVEMENT
- REGULATORY COMPLIANCE
- LEADERSHIP & COLLABORATION
- ALTERNATIVE ASSETS ANALYSIS
- TRAINING / COACHING
- ASSET ALLOCATION STRATEGIES
- TRADING IN MULTIPLE FINANCIAL INSTRUMENTS
Series 3 - Commodities and Futures Licensure
- Participate in multiple sports
- Baseball and Soccer Coach
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.