Construction Manager Resume
|Desired Industry: Building Trades/Construction
|Desired Job Location: orlando, Florida
||Date Posted: 2/12/2009
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: ASAP
|Desired Wage: Negotiable
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 50-75%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
Highly-focused construction and business leader with extensive experience in championing substantial profit growth for Fortune 250 companies. Proven ability to initiate creative value engineering programs and customer relations delivering immediate results. Expertise in revitalizing organizational performance via cutting-edge strategic planning and business development programs. Skills include problem solving, process improvement, business unit leadership, budget management, resource planning and site logistics. Recognized as an energetic leader, strong motivator, note-worthy communicator and exceptional innovator with superior business acrumen.
Strategic Planning New Construction Profit growth Vendor relations Scheduling Estimating Project Management Market Share Land Development Municipality relations Client Relationships Permitting Storm Water Management
Centex, Orlando, Florida -2003-2008
$ 6.7 Billion national residential and commercial builder, mortgage, title and Insurance Corporation
Lead Field Manager III – Senior Project Manager
Spearheaded Centex multifamily commercial projects across three communities. Synchronized efforts of 16 superintendents, one customer service representative and contract personal as key member of Senior Project Management Team. Initiated community budget plans, resource planning, workforce development, sales strategy to community build out and construction procurement. Negotiated with host building inspectors and municipalities on projects, provided information to company executives, senior management, and parent company representatives. Facilitated contractor and vendor reviews, cost saving analysis, employee training sessions and new project start up programs.
Demonstrated Corporate Growth:
• Propelled corporate profits, achieving beyond 2007fs presidents report goal of 87 units complete for FY07f versus a 154 completed to savage Divisional Goal for FY 07f
• Orchestrated new commercial product lines and prototypes of $3-10 million for division that included estimating, scheduling, value engineering and design-build of the new products
• Outperformed division with JD Powers and Associates customer satisfaction survey goal of 90 versus a 97 percent FY 07f
• Recipitant of JD Powers and Associates highest customer satisfaction award quarter one of FY 07f
Innovative Construction Programs and Business Development
• Selected to represent Centex in construction operation reviews, International Builderfs Show, audits, job fair recruiting, Field Manager Training and development
• Established excellent rapport and developed trusting alliances with local munipalities and building officials, thereby gaining their cooperation and support for our projectfs future success.
• Pioneered new project start up process with highly detailed outlines and expectations that achieved targeted objectives while protecting the bottom line.
• Generated $480,000 in contract savings with value engineering ideas
• Exceeded construction pace and volume for any Orlando Community with successfully closing 154 units in eight months.
• Executed contracts on community amenties such as zero- entry pools, Interactive Water Features, Tennis, volleyball and Basketball courts as well as a $3 Million Dollar Landscape and hardscape contracts
• Widely recognized as outstanding achiever, earning Field Manager of the Quarter four times in four years.
Engineering and Architectural Services- East Lansing, MI 2001-2003
Government department that aided and represented Michigan State University on all campus additions and revelations
Orchestrated campus cad as built map updates and service development for new construction and renovations at Michigan State University. Performed training with software and equipment to survey crews. Analyzed department schedules and implemented tracking procedures on construction updates.
• Instituted crucial system controls to consistently deliver superior results, including the introduction of a scheduling based software program to track department construction updates which saved our department dry runs and resulted in more efficient use of time.
• Chief of operations for all utility locates at Michigan State University
B.A. Building Construction Management, College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
Member of Michigan State University's 2002 Commercial Competition team
Former member of Student Builder Contractor's Association
Member of NHAB
Member of Sigma PI Fraternity International
Professional Computer Skills
Microsoft Professional Suite, Vista, Auto-Cad, Trimble Surveying Equipment, Internet explorer , Primavera 3.0, Timberline Estimating, Microsoft Project
Qualified Storm Water Management Inspector License 17186
30 Hr / 10 Hr. OSHA Cards
CPR / AED Certified
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.