Procurement, Construction Resume
|Desired Industry: Building Trades/Construction
|Desired Job Location: Wheeling, Illinois
||Date Posted: 1/18/2009
|Type of Position: Part-Time Permanent
|Desired Wage: 100000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 25-50%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
To secure a Procurement Manager Position utilizing my Bachelors of Science Electrical Engineering Degree and field experience supporting engineering, construction, maintenance and operations management, supply chain management, procurement and purchasing, project management, real estate, and property management areas of competency.
• Extensive procurement and contracts management experience supporting Manufacturing, Engineering, Project Management, Maintenance and Operations, Capital Construction, and Facilities Management in energy, utility, construction, and pharmaceutical
• Experienced in strategic and tactical Planning, Specifying, Global Sourcing, and Execution of budgets, capital projects, contracts, procurement, etc.
• Excellent skills in setting policies, defining and establishing scope, schedule, budget, and funding, sourcing and pre-qualifying suppliers, performing the evaluation of performance based material and services contracts and purchase orders, originating, managing and implementing company programs, writing material and labor specifications, directing and managing contractors and the work force, issuing request for quotes and pricing deliverables, selecting the successful vendors, executing and negotiating contracts and subcontracts and saving millions of dollars for each employer.
• A proactive professional possessing strong analytical, problem solving, strategic planning, managing, leading, team-building, directing, guiding, communication, and project management skills.
GAS TECHNOLOGY INSTITUE – Des Plaines, IL
Procurement Construction Consultant Sept 2008 - Present
• Collaborate with engineering to compile project and equipment specifications, qualified providers lists, required delivery dates, bids, and other procurement criteria needed to prepare contracts and purchase orders for materials and services.
• Review, optimize, streamline, and implement new procurement / contracting processes to reduce inefficiencies and enable GTI to meet or exceed all prime owner expectations
• Serve as liaison between engineering, procurement, and equipment vendors to initiate, track and expedite procurement; will develop and maintain records of purchases and service agreements; visits key vendor sites to confirm equipment specifications and delivery schedules; tracks contract obligations against outstanding orders and assures accurate project accounting of procured items
KENNY CONSTRUCTION COMPANY - Northbrook, IL
Corporate Procurement Manager July 2007 - May 2008
• Developed and implemented procurement prequalification and sourcing strategies for construction projects tied to $400M spend
• Facilitated the development and implementation of the procurement supply strategy for each Kenny Construction Commercial / Industrial Commodity group, supporting business objectives.
• Sourced, developed, and executed all trade subcontract agreements across all Construction Projects, Groups, and Disciplines.
HOSPIRA INC. - Lake Forest, IL
Contracts Administrator Dec. 2005 – July 2007
• Created and managed over 160 Indirect newly created Master Capital and Expense Contract agreements across the US and overseas.
• Sourced and managed indirect spend of over $50M tied to lean supply base of 200 Key Suppliers with realized savings to budget of over $2M in the first year.
• Sourced and procured all mechanical and metal parts and equipment, fabricated and machined parts, packaged mechanical equipment as per specifications, engineering work scopes, drawings, CAD Files
CORPUS CHRISTI INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT - Corpus Christi, TX
School Senior Buyer Sept. 2004 - July 2005
• Developed and negotiated capital project contract agreements associated with new construction opportunities including new school installations
WISCONSIN PUBLIC SERVICE CORPORATION - Green Bay, WI
Procurement Services Consultant Feb. 2004 - Sept. 2004
• Sourced, developed, and established new bundled service contract agreements based upon highest volume spend with fewest core suppliers.
CITY OF CORPUS CHRISTI - Corpus Christi, TX
City Senior Buyer Feb. 2003 - Feb. 2004
• Sourced and developed strategic development of all supplier agreements for the city. Transitioned from low bidder to best overall value approach.
• Sourced and procured liquid and dry chemicals, paints, coatings, food, beverages, and waste water treatment materials for the city.
EXELON/COMED - Chicago, IL 1993 - 2001
Multiple Corporate Nuclear, Fossil, and Energy Delivery (Transmission, and Distribution) Procurement Positions held during tenure with this electricity and natural gas company. Contributed to company deregulation goals via procurement team savings and reduction of overall annual company procurement spend from $1.5B to less than $800M in 8 years. Trained in Procurement Methods, Contract Law, Ethics, and Negotiations by AT Kearney and Mercer Consultants.
Nuclear Procurement Specialist Positions:
• Sourced and procured all electrical and instrumentation commodities including cable, connectors, batteries, diesels, circuit breakers, information technology hardware and software, connectors, small to large diesels and generators, meters, controls, electronic circuitry, and distribution and transmission electrical product needs with annual savings to budget of $10M for each of 3 years
Fossil Procurement Specialist Positions:
• Sourced and procured all electrical, electronic controls and circuit boards, microprocessor based hardware, analog and digital electronic components, motors, circuit breakers, generators, motor operated valves, transformers, bushings, insulators, packaged electronic equipment as per specifications, engineering work scopes, drawings, CAD Files.
• Sourced and procured all mechanical equipment including pumps, compressors, turbines, pneumatic and hydraulic operated valves, pipes, plastic related equipment, fittings, small tools and contractor suppliers, office supplies, lumber, steel, equipment rental, fabricated and machined steel and metal commodities, fuel, freight and transportation, information technology hardware and software with annual savings to budget of $7.M for each of 3 years
Energy Delivery Procurement Specialist Positions:
• Developed engineering specifications, request for proposals and quotes for transformers, circuit breakers, cable, conduit, circuit boards, relaying and all associated electrical power and electronic controls, bundled categories of spend, and reduced supply base from 5000 to 2300 suppliers.
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
Purdue University; West Lafayette, IN, May 1974 Major: Electrical Engineering,
Cumulative GPA: 4.0 / 5.0
Licensed Realtor in the States of Illinois, Indiana, and Texas
Institute for Supply Management Certificate
Union Commons Board of Directors
Village Presbyterian Church
IBM Mainframe, Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint
ERP Systems including: Passport, Peoplesoft, Pentamation, Primavera, and SAP
Senior Procurement, Purchasing, Project, Cost Control, and Contract Manager with proven experience in effectively leading, managing, and organizing facility operating and maintenance including the development of company policies, procedures, budgets, and procurement methods associated with all capital commodity and services investment and expense budgets and projects with the commitment and competency to surpass any and all company goals and objectives with savings to the budget of at minimum 10-15% for (3) three continuous years.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.