|Desired Industry: Executive
|Desired Job Location: chicago, Illinois
||Date Posted: 11/11/2008
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||U.S. Work Authorization:
|Job Level: Executive (President, VP, CEO)
||Willing to Travel:
|Highest Degree Attained:
||Willing to Relocate:
Strategically focused leader with proven results who has the ability to manage bottom line through sound expense management and revenue focus. Responsible for all aspects of financial and operational metric measurement activities. Built highly productive teams while promoting an environment of employee involvement, commitment and growth.
Areas of Experience
Strategic Planning Interim Management Process Improvement
Mergers and Acquisitions Divestitures Business Valuation Financial Modeling/Analysis Benchmarking Contract Negotiation
Multi-Site Management Treasury Management Human Resources
DGBergman & Associates, LLC 2006 to Present
After leaving a successful career as a CFO in the Insurance/Health industry, I established a consulting practice to capitalize on my skills and experience. Examples of clients and industries served:
Major Health Insurer
• Focused on securing financial and accounting controls in the migration from current claims system to new claims payment system
• Consulted with the Finance Department in the coordination of activities related to the migration, including the determination of required controls, identification of reporting needs, testing, automation of manual activities, issue resolution and procedural documentation
Claim Settlement Company
• Consulted with management on the development of a marketing plan to the Third Party Administration market
• Activities included review of presentation materials, development of a detail marketing approach and implementation of strategy
CORESOURCE, Lake Forest, IL 1995-2006
CoreSource, a benefit integrator and claims paying organization operating as a Third Party Administrator (TPA) is ranked as the second largest TPA in the United States with revenues in excess of $150M with approximately 1,600 employees in 15 offices throughout the United States.
Senior Vice President and CFO: Managed staff of 70 employees through five direct reports in multiple locations. As CFO, I was responsible for the organization's overall financial activities including the development and application of accounting policies and practices, strategic planning, treasury, human resources and acquisitions.
• Reduced yearly fixed expenses $1.5M by aggressively renegotiating facility leases
• Implemented strategic consolidation and centralization of services and functions resulting in annual savings of $700K
• Successfully challenged DOL disclosure claims of $1M
• Developed acquisition growth strategy resulting in the identification, negotiation and closure of five acquisitions in excess of $70M in annual revenues
• Developed alternative revenue sources, increasing annual revenue by $6M per year
• Managed the successful divestiture of non strategic operations as part of Company restructure and subsequent sale
• Developed reporting metrics and internal benchmarking tools which allowed for improved metric driven planning process and ongoing analytical reviews to allow management timely and reliable information to react to market changes.
• Implemented suspense accounting and managed installation of automated billing system resulting in improved financial controls and reconciliation capabilities and in the elimination of a one time expense exposure of $3.5M
• Introduced a process to take clients from a self-bill billing system to a list-bill process resulting in improved controls over billing practices
• Managed key vendor relationships capitalizing on our position in the market to renegotiate contracts and pricing, resulting in the reduction of fix and variable cost and improved client persistency
Bankers Life and Casualty, Chicago, IL 1981-1995
Bankers Life is a leading Health Insurer in the Medicare supplement market
• Responsible for all aspect of financial activities.
• Developed required SEC reports of a publicly traded company
• Created management benchmark reports allowing for analysis of business, including revenue, commissions, DAC and loss ratio analysis
• Developed financial policies and controls
HORACE MANN INSURANCE COMPANY, Springfield, IL 1974-1981
National Louis University - MS Management
Quincy University - BS Accounting
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.